THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 01:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 98   Go Down

Author Topic: Random thoughts  (Read 603361 times)

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
  • Professional Beep Booper
Re: Random thoughts
« Reply #1750 on: 23 Apr 2013, 21:09 »

fuck waffles.

either this is a highly creative curse or i've underestimated Garand's sexual attraction to food.  :psyduck:

or is he, in fact, telling someone to go fuck a bunch of waffles?

It's a new flavor. "Fuck Waffles...Wake up and smell last night!"
Worry Hat, Engage!

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #1751 on: 23 Apr 2013, 21:32 »

I would suggest that one hasn't lived till he's taken a girl doggy style while enjoying a belgian waffle and ice cream off her back, syrup's good too, but a little messier.

We suggest putting down sheets you don't care about, or investing in a tarp before doing that though. Or going to a hotel, sneak the waffle maker in.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1752 on: 23 Apr 2013, 22:37 »

You've been watching Rising Sun again haven't you?
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1753 on: 23 Apr 2013, 23:03 »

Relevant, warning language.

I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #1754 on: 25 Apr 2013, 10:46 »

So I guess I started an archive binge, and I'm going through the comics to find that post-Dora breakup era was super funny to read, especially with the whole Parten (Mardma?) arc and the Fangus relationship going on. Nearly every strip is a good laugh.

Maybe qc has finally started being a pure on drama comic? I dunno.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1755 on: 25 Apr 2013, 11:26 »

My department at work is currently stuck in a really shitty, unfit for purpose office that has no windows, no natural light and as of recently, no air conditioning. It is depressing as fuck and has been ruled a violation of health and safety for us to continue to use on a permanent basis.

We are next door to the other half of the team, which I work with mostly, and it means when someone comes in looking for one of my colleagues they're usually in the shitty office, which I've taken to calling 'The Coffin.'

Now as much as I hate my interim manager (she has grown on me a little) the fact that in a team-wide email she repeatedly referred to that office as 'The Coffin' as well makes me laugh.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #1756 on: 25 Apr 2013, 12:18 »

You know who else grows on you? Leeches.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1757 on: 25 Apr 2013, 12:37 »

But when a leech has taken all your blood, it moves onto someone else, and I'm okay with it. The enemy of my enemy is my... someone I hate slightly less.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1758 on: 25 Apr 2013, 12:46 »

You're okay with not having any blood?
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #1759 on: 25 Apr 2013, 12:58 »

The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
  • Professional Beep Booper
« Reply #1760 on: 25 Apr 2013, 20:14 »

Worry Hat, Engage!

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #1761 on: 25 Apr 2013, 23:24 »

For a time when I was small my father had some leeches as a "pet".  They lived in a jar on the mantelpiece in his study.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1762 on: 26 Apr 2013, 02:35 »

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #1763 on: 26 Apr 2013, 03:19 »

For a time when I was small my father had some leeches as a "pet".  They lived in a jar on the mantelpiece in his study.

How did he... feed them?
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #1764 on: 26 Apr 2013, 03:39 »

No idea - I was only five or so, and didn't take in such things.  Apparently they can live for a year without feeding; perhaps he only had them for a year...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #1765 on: 26 Apr 2013, 14:49 »

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #1766 on: 26 Apr 2013, 15:45 »

I'm taking a relaxing bath and it's full of bubbles that smell like grass and gold sparkles that smell like orange and patchouli.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?
« Reply #1767 on: 26 Apr 2013, 15:53 »

Is that anything like mixing metaphors?

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1768 on: 26 Apr 2013, 16:05 »

I've been trying to sleep all day in preparation for the two night shifts I have tonight and tomorrow. I don't think it's gonna help much T_T

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #1769 on: 26 Apr 2013, 16:34 »

I want to RELATE, but I cannot seem to do so.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Valdís

• Duck attack survivor
  • Huggable Huldra
« Reply #1770 on: 26 Apr 2013, 16:38 »

@Paul: The Confessions thread is just on "Pause" right, not locked for good? And will the Relationship/BDSM/Depression/etc. threads be moved to the new subforum? :-)

I've been trying to sleep all day in preparation for the two night shifts I have tonight and tomorrow. I don't think it's gonna help much T_T

Aw.. gotta get a couple of extra cupsizes soonish and see if I can be a powerful narcotic, then! :-(
Now the sayings of the High One are uttered in the hall
for the weal of men, for the woe of Jötuns,
Hail, thou who hast spoken! Hail, thou that knowest!
Hail, ye that have hearkened! Use, thou who hast learned!

mtmerrick

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #1771 on: 26 Apr 2013, 16:42 »

I imagine a good amount of the threads here will be moved to the new subforum...

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #1772 on: 26 Apr 2013, 16:43 »

I'm sick of not having any pets. I miss my dog. My partner basically hates animals but not really but he has little patience for them and it hurts so much not living with any animals.

mtmerrick

« Reply #1773 on: 26 Apr 2013, 16:45 »

Maybe you guys can come to an agreement. Something furry, but small enough to live in a tank?

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #1774 on: 26 Apr 2013, 16:52 »

Hammies! They live in a tank and only make noise if you forget to keep the wheel oiled, but ours would get all excited when you came in the room and jump up against the walls of the tank to get picked up.

Oh just don't get two males. They don't get along when they grow up, as we sadly learned. We named these guys Red and Blue, after Halo and Red vs. Blue, and uh... Red won. :(
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #1775 on: 26 Apr 2013, 17:08 »

I'm sick of not having any pets. I miss my dog. My partner basically hates animals but not really but he has little patience for them and it hurts so much not living with any animals.
so I am  guessing a bird is out of the questions?  What about fish?  They greet me when I get home and love to follow my finger.  I call them my fishy friends  Hammies are a good idea.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #1776 on: 26 Apr 2013, 17:10 »

We have talked about this a lot and part of it is the house is too small for a dog. He'd also be happy for me to have a pet provided he only had to help the bare minimum (feeding/walking but not training/cleaning). Just needed a quick vent because I miss my doggy even though I see her all the time.

I've been thinking of hamsters or a guinea pig. I was thinking about rats too but there's only two vets in town and I don't think either of them are used to dealing with rats so be stuck if they got sick.

On hammies, would the best mix be two females? I assume a male and female would result in a lot more hammies.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #1777 on: 26 Apr 2013, 17:15 »

random: I have often thought of just moving to either England or Germany. :psyduck:

mtmerrick

« Reply #1778 on: 26 Apr 2013, 17:32 »

Also,  I don't know if this would be your cup of tea at all,  but snakes require little care,  and can be VERY affectionate.

(my sister has been begging for a reptile since she was 6...)

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #1779 on: 26 Apr 2013, 17:36 »

I was about to bring up iguanas. They're low maintenance, but useless if you want affection.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

mtmerrick

« Reply #1780 on: 26 Apr 2013, 18:05 »

And, as my sister reminds me, many smaller snakes will happily act as your bracelet for the day. (this is a huge plus to her)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1781 on: 26 Apr 2013, 18:11 »

For rodents I would recommend guinea pigs and rabbits (not actually rodents, but whatever) over hamsters, hamsters can be neurotic, evil little creatures. (They also like to escape and terrorize their surroundings). A well socialized guinea pig can be fairly smart, and will be quite happy to see you and get snuggles, they have a surprising amount of personality. Ditto rabbits. Now there's a third option, but some people really hate them... rats are super smart, very clean and quite affectionate, some people have issues with the tails though, or just the concept of rats in general. 

@Valdis, sounds like just what the doctor ordered.

@Merrick, really? I've never seen a snake do that before! I've always liked snakes but I tend to like the bigger species.

I'd love one of these little critters (San Francisco Garter Snake) but they're an endangered species.

Valdís

• Duck attack survivor
  • Huggable Huldra
« Reply #1782 on: 26 Apr 2013, 18:16 »

I would recommend rabbits. A well socialized [rabbit] can be fairly smart, and will be quite happy to see you and get snuggles, they have a surprising amount of personality.

:laugh:

Now there's a third option, but some people really hate them... rats are super smart, very clean and quite affectionate, some people have issues with the tails though, or just the concept of rats in general.

Rats are awesome. A guy my big brother knew had one that liked going around town sitting in his shirt-pocket poking his lil' head up~! :-D

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1783 on: 26 Apr 2013, 19:14 »

moved to the new subforum? :-)
moved to the new subforum...

wait whuuuut

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1784 on: 26 Apr 2013, 19:15 »

ZOMG I just saw the new subforum

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #1785 on: 26 Apr 2013, 19:51 »

My wife had a pet rat and it was one of her favorite pets ever.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

K1dmor

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1786 on: 26 Apr 2013, 20:44 »

Welu, get a fennec fox and looks if he can resist its enchants:

And for rats, they seem to be very friendly:
(click to show/hide)

So...It's the RELATE subforum for threads that are too serious to chatter, but to chattery to discuss?

Off: Eating Peachs with cream...i'm just so happy :')

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #1787 on: 26 Apr 2013, 22:55 »

probably not the right thread but I finally got around to getting my fem-shep to ME2 and romancing garrus is the most hilarious thing ever.  Its like Marten from QC if he was a sniper.  Awkward and stumbling and yet adorable.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1788 on: 26 Apr 2013, 23:04 »

probably not the right thread but I finally got around to getting my fem-shep to ME2 and romancing garrus is the most hilarious thing ever. 

I understood some of these words...

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #1789 on: 26 Apr 2013, 23:47 »

probably not the right thread but I finally got around to getting my fem-shep to ME2 and romancing garrus is the most hilarious thing ever. 

I understood some of these words...
in the Mass Effect games (ME) you can port your character (Shepard is the character's name) from fist game to the second and the second game to third. Saving all the decisions you made which makes your shepard unique from say a different person playing.

I am playing a female shepard (fem-shep) through all 3 games for the first time.  Always played as bro-shep (male shepard) I finished ME1 (mass effect 1) and ported fem shep to ME2 (mass effect 2) where i can romance one of my squad mates I met from Mass effect one.  His name is garrus, he is an alien. He was my best friend playing bro-shep and was always curious how the romance with femshep worked out.  Sure I could have just looked it up on youtube.  But it wouldnt be the same.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1790 on: 27 Apr 2013, 00:04 »

I see, thanks for the explanation!

And yeah, I can definitely understand the "it wouldn't be the same" feeling. It's like the difference between watching someone else kill the Lich King and killing him yourself.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #1791 on: 27 Apr 2013, 00:41 »

I want to RELATE, but I cannot seem to do so.

Eh?  That's not supposed to be visible yet; I guess I created it visible and then changed the permissions, but it got into the new cache somewhere...  (Hmm, something to think about).   Then it was bedtime.

@Paul: The Confessions thread is just on "Pause" right, not locked for good? And will the Relationship/BDSM/Depression/etc. threads be moved to the new subforum? :-)

Yes to both.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1792 on: 27 Apr 2013, 01:02 »

Well, it's definitely visible to me as 0 topics, 0 posts, and apparently read-only, as there is no "new thread" button.

mtmerrick

« Reply #1793 on: 27 Apr 2013, 01:32 »

^what he said.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
« Reply #1794 on: 27 Apr 2013, 03:14 »

hmm, I don't like the new layout. With Band, Enjoy, Make and Click as subforums of Chatter it's more difficult watching them all at once. I used to stay on the homepage and refresh it regularly, so I could see new posts, but now I can only see if there is a new post, not in which thread it is.
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #1795 on: 27 Apr 2013, 03:15 »

I'm taking a relaxing bath and it's full of bubbles that smell like grass and gold sparkles that smell like orange and patchouli.

I'm taking a relaxing bath and it's full of (bubbles that smell like grass) and (gold sparkles that smell like orange) and (patchouli).

I'm taking a relaxing bath and it's full of (bubbles that smell like (grass and gold sparkles)) that smell like (orange and patchouli).

I'm taking a relaxing bath and it's full of (bubbles that smell like grass and gold)[,] (sparkles that smell like orange) and (patchouli).

?

EDIT: ankhtahr, the sub-forums will have their names in bold on the forum homepage if they have new posts in them.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #1796 on: 27 Apr 2013, 03:18 »

Try it for a bit - I'll see what people think after a while.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
« Reply #1797 on: 27 Apr 2013, 04:26 »

EDIT: ankhtahr, the sub-forums will have their names in bold on the forum homepage if they have new posts in them.

sure, but I'm missing the "last post" feature. Because of this I have to either keep reloading two pages, or keep reloading the "latest posts" page where I get shown the full posts.
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #1798 on: 27 Apr 2013, 05:06 »

random: I have often thought of just moving to either England or Germany. :psyduck:

Sometimes I look at my bank account, see that 'hey, I have money', and think that there is no reason why I shouldn't just buy a one-way ticket to Outer Mongolia...

One day I'll probably even have the guts to do it.

Valdís

• Duck attack survivor
  • Huggable Huldra
« Reply #1799 on: 27 Apr 2013, 05:18 »

@Ankh: Yeah, I agree, don't really see the point in a minimalistic front page when obscuring them. :-)

@Paul: Is mushy flirting still banned in Relate? :-D

HAIL SANTA!

fem-shep romancing garrus

OTP

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2013, 05:28 by Valdís »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 98   Go Up