THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Mar 2024, 20:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Humble Indie Bundles. All of them.  (Read 26456 times)

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
Re: Humble Indie Bundles. All of them.
« Reply #50 on: 18 Sep 2013, 11:34 »

They just added Bastion to the current humble bundle.  I heart that game SO MUCH.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
« Reply #51 on: 18 Sep 2013, 13:45 »

Now I'll just wait for Masterpiece fanboying… ;-)
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #52 on: 18 Sep 2013, 14:24 »

Bastion and Limbo. This bundle just reached indie triple-A status.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

SageJiraiya

• Furry furrier
  • My username is from some cartoon or something...
« Reply #53 on: 18 Sep 2013, 18:11 »

i already bought it last week, so hooray for extra games!
Cogito Ergo Sum, Amigo.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #54 on: 18 Sep 2013, 19:11 »

Now I'll just wait for Masterpiece fanboying… ;-)
This'll be the FOURTH time I bought that game for myself! (I'm not including the times I gifted it to others)

Game and Watch Forever

• The German Chancellory building
  • Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #55 on: 19 Sep 2013, 06:34 »

This is only my second time getting it (first time was on 360). Clearly I'm only a .5 on the Bastion Fanboy Scale.

I mostly got this because of Fez. Rocketbirds and A Virus Named Tom are icing on the cake. All the others I either played some version of or already own. Point still stands that this is a really good bundle and there are very few excuses not to get it.

K1dmor

• Beyoncé
« Reply #56 on: 19 Sep 2013, 08:46 »

I was screaming "F*ck!"  because i bought it last week and then they add new games, but i just checked and i'm getting them anyway  :laugh: .

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #57 on: 19 Sep 2013, 11:13 »

You usually (possibly always) do.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #58 on: 19 Sep 2013, 11:59 »

Actually, no! With this bundle, they made it so that you only get all the games if you beat the average the first time around. In the past, I've bought one or two bundles for less than the average price because I wasn't interested (or already owned) the BTA's, but I did it before the new games were added so I got them anyway. I think they've decided that this is not really a fair deal, so now you do need to BTA if you want to get all of them.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #59 on: 19 Sep 2013, 12:32 »

Well I think I did pay above average the first time round to get Fez.

I also think that it's sorta sucky if you buy such great games for less than 5 dollars. I got the pack for 15 $ (ok, that's still low) and sent 12$ to the devs, 2$ to Humble and 1$ to charity.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #60 on: 20 Sep 2013, 06:20 »

I typically give like 90% of my money to charity, especially if Child's Play is involved.

SageJiraiya

• Furry furrier
  • My username is from some cartoon or something...
« Reply #61 on: 20 Sep 2013, 13:53 »

yeah child's play does great work.
Cogito Ergo Sum, Amigo.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #62 on: 20 Sep 2013, 14:33 »

So, there's other bundles around.

I just picked up one called Bundle In A Box, which seems like a cool initiative. They've been through quite a few bundles, and the idea seems to be to promote indie devs. The games are all obviously low budget things, and some are kinda shoddy, but for $2+ (minimum price), it isn't bad. Also, for every 100 bundles sold, $15 is added to a fund that'll go towards funding some indie game. So all in all it's a neat little thing that's really about getting people passionate about making games on their feet.

I've tried four of the games so far. Both Empires & Dungeons 2 and Styrateg was not very good - turn-based rpg/strategy hybrids that was a bit lacking. They had some neat ideas, especially E&D, which mixed a turn-based civ-building thing with going to dungeons to gain honor and glory for the relevant emperor. Both mainly needed polish and more content. Styrateg had some pretty decent music too, real medieval stuff.

Hack, Slash, Loot was a fast-paced, strip-down rougelike. It was a bit fun, but not even close to the pre-alpha summer preview of the recently kickstarted dungeonmans (which, by the way, you can get for free, no need to back it or anything!)

Now, Call of Cthulhu the Wasted Land is pretty great for the first game from a tiny indie-dev. It's a Cthulhu-game set in WW1, with XCOM-esque gameplay. It's difficult enough to fun, while still being quite balanced (on normal mode). The weapon and item selection together with a cover system and a lot of use of trenches and tight hallways makes it varied and tactical. I'd recommend trying it.

There's still a ton of games I haven't tried. Unemployment Quest is a JRPG where you try to get a job (really). The trailers for Frayed Knights looks like it's a humorous Might And Magic like thing (not heroes. I'm talking about the good M&M-games). There's a bunch more. Get it!
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #63 on: 20 Sep 2013, 18:06 »

Heroes of Might & Magic 2 was good. :( :(

I know what you're saying though, it's a vastly different cup of tea from M&M. Incidentally I actually didn't know M&M was a thing for a long time, since I was introduced to Heroes 1 and 2 first.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #64 on: 30 Sep 2013, 21:50 »

CHRIST Shadow Warrior is kinda racist.

I say 'kinda' because I feel like they were trying to tap into parody, like Duke Nukem. Can't help but cringe, though, even when I do laugh.

ackblom12

« Reply #65 on: 30 Sep 2013, 22:01 »

Oh lord yeah, SW is incredibly racist. It was a fun game, but it has problems out the wazoo. The reboot they just released is much much better in pretty much every respect.

Game and Watch Forever

• The German Chancellory building
  • Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #66 on: 11 Nov 2013, 21:19 »

Aaaand now we have a humble store... with daily deals...

I've been so good about not throwing money at these latest bundles and I've been happy for it. But now I'm at risk of relapsing... I thought only steam was this cruel to me. Thoughts, anyone?  :cry:

(Though honestly.... I'm not super interested in any of today's... maybe this will remain the case?)

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #67 on: 12 Nov 2013, 04:27 »

It's a far cry from an actual Humble store. They could have put all the games they're selling via Humble widgets in one place, like http://calvein.github.io/humble-games/table.html. This is just another promotion, nothing really special about it.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #68 on: 12 Nov 2013, 12:03 »

I WAS FINE DAMNIT

Now I have more games. ._.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #69 on: 19 Nov 2013, 13:12 »

The latest Humble Bundle is Android-exclusive and includes the Android debut of Ridiculous Fishing! Ridiculous Fishing!!! Basically the best mobile game ever.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #70 on: 19 Nov 2013, 18:12 »

Ridiculous Fishing!

This is stupidly fun.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #71 on: 23 Nov 2016, 09:01 »

Wow, have I really not posted in this thread in three years? Let's fix that.

Today we have a bundle that includes the sci-fi stealth game Volume, the grid-based, party-based fantasy RPG Legend of Grimrock 2, and the assembly programming puzzle game TIS-100 for one measly buck, plus dungeoneering strategy game Dungeons 2, modern-day fantasy MMO The Secret World and sandbox manufacturing puzzle game Infinifactory for about $4, plus Diablolike Grim Dawn for $14. In other words, an insanely good deal for $4 and practically stealing for $1.

Then on itch.io, we have A Good Bundle, consisting of one hundred and fifty games, which you can all get for $20, which is split 50-50 between the American Civil Liberties Union and Planned Parenthood. Your other options are $8 for 124 games and $2 for 88 games, but the $20 tier has undoubtedly some of the best games. Seems like an excellent incentive to donate to those American institutions that are going to need it now.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up