THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 00:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quest for Glory on GOG.com  (Read 3692 times)

ackblom12

Quest for Glory on GOG.com
« on: 11 May 2012, 05:52 »

This is one of my favorite gaming franchises of all time guys. Quest for Glory 1 - 5 are now available on GOG.com.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/quest_for_glory

It's $10 and includes all 5 games with Win7 compatibility and all fan patches already installed for bug fixes.

While I recommend playing QFG2 with the EGA graphics it came with, there is also a VGA remake made by AGD Interactive here:

http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/qfg2/downloads/thegame/downloads_snd.html

They also have several other games up for download, including VGA remakes of King's Quest I - III, which make them much much easier to play than going back to the EGA graphics of the originals.

http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/games.html

Quest for Glory is a Point & Click Adventure/RPG hybrid released by Sierra starting in 1989. It borrows pretty heavily from several culture's folklore to populate the country of each game, and is just an absolute joy to explore. Lots of ridiculous puns, silly characters, dangerous monsters, puzzles and lots of ways to die (including ingesting Magical Mushrooms). It was also one of the earliest games that allowed you to transfer your character from earlier games to the sequels. Taking a character from 1 to 5 is just incredibly satisfying.

So many good things in these games. Obviously, being so old they're a bit dated in gameplay, but they are great fun if you can appreciate older games or even if you just want to appreciate some gaming history.

Gregorio

• Balloon animal serial killer
Re: Quest for Glory on GOG.com
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2012, 20:18 »

Between this, Legacy of Time, Silver, Anachronox, and many of the new indie games it's released, GoG has put me in full "shut up and take my money" mode for the past month or so.

VonKleist

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • First I lol'd. But then I serious'd.
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2012, 04:29 »

I pirated the Qfg Anthology (hey, i used to own it but the cd won't work or something) and 'lo, it works fine on Windows 7 using the new installer Sierra so kindly provides.
None of the annoying bugs either.

Sooo, I own Silver too but of course the original won't work on WIndows 7 so I´m hesitant to buy it again just to have it work :/

Gregorio

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jun 2012, 18:46 »

I just do it because the $5 is worth the convenience sometimes. It saves me from the frustration of having to download a bunch of questionable programs and user-made patches or whatever else is needed for certain games.

VonKleist

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • First I lol'd. But then I serious'd.
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jun 2012, 01:32 »

Yea, definitely. Although I hardly ever had problems getting anything to run on dosbox (which isn't at all questionable but a very nice programm). Silver might even run on a virtual windows 9x machine but i was too lazy to try that.

Oh and GOG are giving away old Origin games right now :)
Might still buy something now that my Paypal works again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up