THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 05:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VANCAF 2012  (Read 2174 times)

philharmonic

• Furry furrier
VANCAF 2012
« on: 23 May 2012, 14:11 »

So according to his list Jeph is going to make an appearance at VANCAF (link below)
http://www.vancaf.com/

Anyone in here planning on attending?
(my response in case you where wondering) I plan on being there all day Saturday and if all goes I'd consider going Sunday too.

Wanna meet up after or during?
(my response in case you where wondering) Depends if anyone else shows up.

*was getting tired of that slug*

philharmonic

• Furry furrier
Re: VANCAF 2012
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2012, 12:49 »

No replies? I'm crushed (insert pout face emoticon here).
*sniff sniff* I don't smell bad do I? *shakes head no*

Anyway I went both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was broken up by wandering off site to also attend the Open House at VanArts. Unfortunately that made me miss the Machine of Doom panel (yes i'm man enough to admit that it almost made me cry)

Sunday was good too. Brought my middle daughter along. We were a little early for the inking panel so we went on walk about (imma post some pics in the pics thread). Got back on time and enjoyed the talk. Between that and the next panel i got to chat with Jeph again and he was kind enough to let my daughter photograph us together (pic pending). He's actually pretty cool in person. Best part was when some guy bought a bunch of merch from Sam Logan (next table over) and paid with one of the new $100 CDN bills and I told Jeph they smell like maple syrup. He didn't believe me but since Sam had one he let him sniff it and we all got a smile at Jephs reaction.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2012, 14:24 »

Oh, you might have got more response in the Comic side of things but glad you had fun. Do they really smell like maple syrup? I feel like that would be counter-productive from an economy perspective because I would just sit around sniffing my money and never spend it. And maybe I'd eat it.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

philharmonic

• Furry furrier
VANCAF 2012
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2012, 10:38 »

Yes it's true, they smell like maple syrup  but I wouldn't want to eat one. It would be more interesting to see if the new twentys will have a distinct scent (say that with a French accent).

Bachi-Atari

• Larger than most fish
  • What goes here again?
    • Tumblr of course
« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2012, 11:13 »

That's wierd, I always thought that brand new American bills smelled like play-doh. Which I'm sure we know alot of kids who'd want to eat that.
It would be more interesting to see if the new twentys will have a distinct scent (say that with a French accent).

Knowing my Quebecoi mother, she'd have all the grammer backwards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up