THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 05:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Witcher 2  (Read 14634 times)

Josefbugman

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Are you Sure thats wise sir?
Re: The Witcher 2
« Reply #50 on: 13 Jun 2011, 10:36 »

It would be a bit much for Geralt to personally gutstab what is essentially the grim reaper.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

cyro

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Lurking in your dreams.
« Reply #51 on: 14 Jun 2011, 01:55 »

It would be a bit much for Geralt to personally gutstab what is essentially the grim reaper.

Well the second game kinda retcons that a little.

(click to show/hide)

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #52 on: 15 Apr 2012, 08:21 »

I spent the last couple of hours downloading everything I need for the Enhanced Edition. (And when I say I, I mean my computer downloaded everything, while I did other stuff. Having a ton of RAM rocks.) It'll be available in about two days. The last update is ten gigs, it's insane. There's no way I'll be able to fit that onto my SSD.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
  • Liev Schreiber scares me
    • myspace!
« Reply #53 on: 14 May 2012, 16:28 »

Picked up the Xbox port today and have done a good 8 hours of gameplay. The story is pretty great, I really like the dialogue and the action...well, I'm still getting the hang of the combat system, I find it a tad annoying you can't hop from enemy to enemy very fluidly. If I'm attacking a guy and someone comes at my flank, I like to be able to easily swing my attack round to the side to block and parry. For all of Fable's childish failings, the combat always felt very fluid. I suppose they're just trying to work on something a bit more mature here.

Also dang this game is sexy.
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #54 on: 15 May 2012, 04:41 »

Yeah, I guess that is a quirk left from mouse-driven aiming. You can usually fling your view around and make a mad dash to an enemy ten feet away. But that problem resolves itself once you get the ability to parry from all directions.

I finished Iorveth's path recently. The extra few quests in Loc Muinne are rather interesting, and I look forward to seeing what Roche's path offers. I have half a mind to do a playthrough killing as many important characters as I can. Demavend and Foltest are a given.
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up