THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 10:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batman Arkham Series  (Read 3474 times)

DudeReadThis

• Plantmonster
Batman Arkham Series
« on: 31 Jul 2012, 20:12 »

Yea, I know I'm a little late to the party on this one, but since I'm currently replaying the series, I thought I would bring it up.

Does anything think that there will be a continuation of the Arkham video game series?
If so, do you think Rocksteady will stop with the next one, or continue on with the series?

I LOVED both Asylum and City. City was the first game I've ever pre-ordered, mostly because I had to have it, but getting the Catwoman DLC pushed me to do a pre-order and not just wait a couple weeks for used copies to surface.

If they make a third game, obviously I feel that they are going to work in some of the easter eggs from City into the next one
(click to show/hide)
, but I wonder what else they would add. Anyone have any ideas?

Gregorio

• Balloon animal serial killer
Re: Batman Arkham Series
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2012, 21:05 »

Arkham Asylum was a blast, but City left me cold. Don't get me wrong, it was great gameplay, world, and story, but the mission structure bugged me. Missions would start randomly, and I only got to the second phase of the Victor Zsasz mission only presented itself long after I beat the main story. It just would have been nice if side-missions weren't chaotic afterthoughts. I do love the combat a lot, though.

DudeReadThis

• Plantmonster
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jul 2012, 21:41 »

Yes, how the side missions in City started were pretty chaotic, but that didn't turn me off completely. There were a few times where I raged because it wasn't clear to me on how to progress
(click to show/hide)

Also, me not being a hardcore gamer, the New Game+ is friggin IMPOSSIBLE for me. The first group of random baddies, I couldn't beat on New Game+, which sucks because
(click to show/hide)

I'm normally pretty apathetic toward video game plots and storylines, but the twists in the story in City was fan-friggin-tasic.
(click to show/hide)
Thou I was a little disappointed that
(click to show/hide)

Silentbanksy

• Plantmonster
  • Surreal, aren't they?
« Reply #3 on: 04 Aug 2012, 17:43 »

There's alot of unfinished business with cliffhangers and such that would promise a sequel

(click to show/hide)

I'd be gutted if they didn't do one, I loved both games and their take on the batman universe.

Oh, but on the baby front:

(click to show/hide)
I'm witty, right?

DudeReadThis

• Plantmonster
« Reply #4 on: 04 Aug 2012, 18:17 »

Do you think the DLCs are worth the money? I'm still debating if I'm going to get them or not.

Gregorio

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #5 on: 05 Aug 2012, 15:17 »

So it felt like I ripped on the games more than anything in my first post, so here is a list of things I love about the series:

-The combat is fluid, challenging, rewarding, and stylish. I like games like this and Assassin's Creed that can make melee challenging without having to memorize button combos.

-The stealth sections are a lot of fun. The little difficulty tweaks as you progress, as well as the enemy fear system just makes me feel like a badass hunter when I do things right.

-The art design is incredible.

-They take the comics and cartoons, which are meant to be ridiculous, and make them engaging and immersive. I only ever watched the '90s series, and read a few issues of Batman comics, so actually seeing the villains kill people was a big shock to me. It helped draw me in, and make the villains more threatening, as well as investing me into saving innocent people, and stopping the villains' plans.

Silentbanksy

• Plantmonster
  • Surreal, aren't they?
« Reply #6 on: 06 Aug 2012, 11:39 »

Do you think the DLCs are worth the money? I'm still debating if I'm going to get them or not.

To be honest, I didn't get the Nightwing or other combat challenge DLC's, I didn't see them being worth the money. The Harley's revenge DLC is very, very, very worth it. My money thanked me as it left for going to such a good cause. It's set a coupla' weeks after the events of AC and is both interesting and answers some questions from AC. Seriously, get it!

Also. Boo Catwoman. Boo her.
I'm witty, right?

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: 06 Aug 2012, 20:31 »

I enjoyed the two games, especially the ending of the second. I stayed up pretty late to beat it so it might have blown my mind more then it should have. I would have been ok with the Catwoman parts being separate DLC, especially with the last thing she needed to do. Continuously respawning guards? Never good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up