THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 17:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silly games you play with your SO  (Read 9418 times)

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
Silly games you play with your SO
« on: 11 Mar 2012, 20:45 »

Every day I pick a mineral from Wikipedia's List of Minerals and show my wife the Wikipedia article about it.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
Re: Silly games you play with your SO
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2012, 21:53 »

The "I love you MORE" game.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2012, 23:33 »

Hinting at the puchline to a old joke or pun that I know she knows... only when it's relative to the topic of conversation. 

The appropriate response on her part is, "Have I told you today how much I hate  you?"

Fun is where you find it...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Lupercal

• Bling blang blong blung
  • In conception since 1991
« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2012, 02:23 »

I usually play the game where I get up at a stupid time in the morning while my girfriend "pretends" to sleep for another 3 hours. She's pretty good at it...

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Middle-of-the-Road Conservative
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #4 on: 12 Mar 2012, 04:04 »

I've always ended the I Love You game by saying we clearly love one another the same amount and there's no need to argue. I don't like that game- it makes me feel like I'm dating a 14 year old and I don't want to date a 14 year old, I want to date a grown up.
Voluntarily banned from DISCUSS.

Listen to my music. http://wolfgangruck.newgrounds.com/audio/

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #5 on: 12 Mar 2012, 05:20 »

My boyfriend and I routinely try to make the most horrible faces at each other to try to make each other laugh. It usually works.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

alienatedduck

• Emoticontraindication
    • The Dog And Louse
« Reply #6 on: 12 Mar 2012, 07:42 »

We play 'who does the dog love more?' which involves making ridiculous noises to try and tempt the dog to lick our face, and consequently hit the other in their face with the dog's tail.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #7 on: 12 Mar 2012, 09:25 »

So it's a tossup. then?

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #8 on: 12 Mar 2012, 11:05 »

My boyfriend and I still play Duck, Duck, Boobs. Trying to scare each other in general is something we do. Since we both know each other's tricks, it gets progressively more challenging.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #9 on: 12 Mar 2012, 23:32 »

We also play the alliterative tickle game, where I have to come up with a new place name beginning with "T" each time so I can say things like "May I tickle you in Timbuktu?"
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #10 on: 14 Mar 2012, 20:42 »

Do you ever alliterate other activities? 

"May I fondle you in Philly? 

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #11 on: 15 Mar 2012, 05:41 »

Sometimes my boyfriend and I wrestle. I mean literally, not sexy wrestling. Been happening more since I've got nostalgic and been reading 90's WWF/WWE story-lines.

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig
« Reply #12 on: 15 Mar 2012, 07:24 »

Nick and I have a bunch of bizarre things that we do. We are pretty much obsessed with the cat so we meow at each other constantly. Whenever a song is on the radio, we sing it about the cat. It's not uncommon for us to replace full verses by meowing to the melody. Plus, her name is Fuzz (among 400 other things) so we can alter it to fit any number of syllables. (Oh....and yeah, there's the "scoop and sniff" where whoever is closest to Fuzz will scoop her up into their arms and ask the other if they "want a sniff". It's insane, but our cat smells ridiculously good. Like fabric softener on steroids.)

Anyone here have gmail? There is a little emote that's available that is 2 little faces- one of them is sad. The other one sneaks up on them and hugs them and then the sad one gets all happy and waves their arms all around. We do that all the time. It's called the "Ninja Snug". Bonus points if you can actually surprise the other person. We sneak up on each other all the time- I was in the grocery store yesterday (and I thought he was at Petco)....I ended up shrieking pretty loudly in the frozen food aisle.

We're also REALLY into Wall-E. We constantly "Whoa." at each other, Nick does the bra thing that Wall-E does in the movie and we've been known to act out full scenes.

We've also taken to saying "Waffle" in addition to "I love you". One day, he was sitting at the computer and I walked up behind him, put my arms around him and my face in his hair and said "I love you". I guess my voice was pretty muffled because he said "Did you just say waffle?" and from that point on, the two were synonymous. Because of this, I'm fairly partial to the "Waffles" options in the WCDT polls.  :-P
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #13 on: 15 Mar 2012, 15:12 »

The little cheese wins this thread.

Bachi-Atari

• Larger than most fish
  • What goes here again?
    • Tumblr of course
« Reply #14 on: 15 Mar 2012, 19:24 »

Most of my conversations usually end up in the nonsense; "Mar mar mar".

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #15 on: 15 Mar 2012, 19:54 »

In addition to horrible faces, I've noticed us making farting noises at each other, seeing who can get the loudest. Also sometimes we'll pretend like we're about to kiss the other but instead just blow a raspberry on them. (Not really a raspberry, but similar, whatever they're called, if anything.)

We are the most mature of adults, I tell you. (Not.)

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #16 on: 16 Mar 2012, 19:36 »

Do you ever alliterate other activities? 

"May I fondle you in Philly?

Oh, absolutely. "May I irritate you on the Irrawaddy?" "May I massage you in Maastricht?"

EDIT: One object of the game is to get as much as possible in common between the two words, as in "May I romance you in Romania?" or "May I pollinate you in Polynesia?".
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2012, 01:09 by Is it cold in here? »
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

kajiura fan

• Not quite a lurker
  • To Nowhere
« Reply #17 on: 18 Mar 2012, 19:38 »

In addition to horrible faces, I've noticed us making farting noises at each other, seeing who can get the loudest. Also sometimes we'll pretend like we're about to kiss the other but instead just blow a raspberry on them. (Not really a raspberry, but similar, whatever they're called, if anything.)

We are the most mature of adults, I tell you. (Not.)
Have you ever tried to kiss each other with the fish lips? Or made fish lips at the last second?

I don't play games with my boyfriend unless you count "See how long it takes to make him 'fight' back" when I tickle him at inappropriate times. He has less patience with me when he isn't playing Battlefield 3 which I found surprising the first time I did it.
"I smell weakness!"

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Qualified Awesomeologist
« Reply #18 on: 30 Mar 2012, 16:20 »

While we're talking, My wife will occasionally say something that matches a song lyric, and I will sing the sentence back to her, making her remember the song and get it stuck in her head.
She HATES THIS.
It is delicious.
 :-D

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #19 on: 30 Mar 2012, 19:12 »

Whenever my wife asks me to make her something, I say "Poof!". 

She gets irate...

The joke this refers to, which was told to each of us as children by our respective Jewish grandfathers (imagine a wheezy old man's voice with a heavy Yiddish accent);

Saul owned a delicatessen, and worked hard there every day.  One day, he's cleaning the return bottles, and rubbing one dry, a genie pops out.  "Saul" he says, "I'll give you three wishes." 

"Well," says Saul, "I'd like to not have to worry about money so much anymore - how about a million dollars?" 

The genie says, "Poof!  There's a million dollars." 

Saul looks at the pile of money and says, "Great!  You know, I've been working here 20 years, and never had a vacation.  I'd really like to take a trip to the Bahamas."

"Poof! One trip to the Bahamas!" and there are the plane tickets, in Saul's shirt pocket. 

"Fantastic!" says Saul.  "One thing, though - I need to find someone to watch the deli while I'm gone." 

The genie says, "Oh, I can do that for you." 

Saul looks at him skeptically and says, "Really?  And what do you know about running a deli?" 

The genie says, "Try me - order anything." 

Saul says, "OK, make me a malted."

And the genie says...

"Poof!  You're a malted!" 

Actually, for the last several years I haven't even had to say "Poof!".  She asks me to make her something, and I just smile. 

Then she says, "Fuck you!"

ecstaticjoy

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • I like math
« Reply #20 on: 30 Mar 2012, 20:53 »

We've also taken to saying "Waffle" in addition to "I love you". One day, he was sitting at the computer and I walked up behind him, put my arms around him and my face in his hair and said "I love you". I guess my voice was pretty muffled because he said "Did you just say waffle?" and from that point on, the two were synonymous. Because of this, I'm fairly partial to the "Waffles" options in the WCDT polls.  :-P
Omg that's disgustingly cute.
I agree.
Also, I don't know why I read this thread. You all are cute and disgusting at the same time.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #21 on: 31 Mar 2012, 07:27 »

I've come to the conclusion that my boyfriend is too normal. So lately I've any time he's been feeling nervous or anxious, I tell him that he left his laptop lid open. The goal being eventually leaving the laptop open will turn into a, "Did I leave the stove on?" feeling.
He knows what I'm doing and we've both agreed it's rather cruel to try to give someone a neuroses. Still gonna keep doing it.
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2012, 16:12 by Welu »

lepetitfromage

« Reply #22 on: 31 Mar 2012, 13:34 »

Omg that's disgustingly cute.
I agree.
Also, I don't know why I read this thread. You all are cute and disgusting at the same time.

I've never won a thread before! What do I get???

And Welu- that. is. hilarious. I don't think I could do that with a straight face. I know the "stove" feeling all too well. I check it at least two or three times after cooking dinner and I'm the same way with the door. Unless I try to open it, I don't believe it's actually closed and locked, even though I can tell by looking at it.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #23 on: 31 Mar 2012, 14:47 »

Have you ever tried to kiss each other with the fish lips? Or made fish lips at the last second?

Yes. Also pretending we're about to bite the other and switch to a kiss at the last second.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #24 on: 31 Mar 2012, 20:42 »

Well, that's better than the opposite. 

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #25 on: 31 Mar 2012, 23:57 »

But that is so well-established that it is known as a "love bite".
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #26 on: 01 Apr 2012, 08:21 »

In high school my girlfriend decided she liked biting one day, so she chomped down on my shoulder hard enough to draw blood through my shirt. Instinctively, I put my hands forward to push her away from me and they landed near her neck. She broke up with me and I was ok with that, but I was not ok with her telling people that I tried strangling her and leaving out that she tried eating me.

blewupthesun

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #27 on: 26 Apr 2012, 05:18 »

My SO and I routinely try to ruin kisses for each other by randomly sucking/blowing air while liplocked. It's very confusing to have it done to you, but is always hilarious. Sometimes the "victim" catches on quickly and goes to retaliate by sucking/blowing more air in response, or to compensate. I win many times.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #28 on: 27 Apr 2012, 11:52 »

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #29 on: 28 Apr 2012, 19:06 »

re: Waffle
We say "elephant shoes" because it looks like "I love you" when you say it.

We do the meowing a song, or making fart noises for a song, thing as well. We have a million weird nicknames for each other, and our text messages would be half impossible for someone else to read because it's all weird code speak we've made up.

He knows I hate saliva on me, so he'll randomly lick some part of my face to make me squeal and wipe it off.

Also, when someone is in a bad mood, they are a "grumper fish". And we have a sign on the fridge that says "no grumper fish allowed", with a picture of a grumpy fish. So he will poke me and tell me not to be a grumper fish.

I will also grab his chin (which is very big and manly) and tell him I'm going to steal it. And he squeals and tells me he needs it to headbutt the cats (he does).

We're pretty disgustingly cute when alone.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

lepetitfromage

« Reply #30 on: 30 Apr 2012, 06:47 »

heehee, "elephant shoes" is cute.

I sincerely enjoy "grumper fish" as well. We're Grumpy Bugs, but we don't have a fancy sign on the fridge.

.....although, we do have a little white piece of paper taped to a straw that we stick in a vase in the living room when we're fighting and one of us wants to "surrender".

Oh! And I wanted to add this to the thread but kept forgetting. We stole one of the cat's toys- a little catnip mouse- and we have gone back and forth over the last three years hiding it on one another, trying to put it in the most ridiculous spots we can think of. My favorite place so far was when he put it in the mouth of my giant stuffed Pac-Man. This is actually the second mouse, because one of us hid the last one so well that we never found it.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #31 on: 30 Apr 2012, 06:57 »

We have a plush sea lion that we hide in silly places for the other to find. His name is Weirdo. He likes to hide in the microwave and other places that I'm totally not expecting.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

lepetitfromage

« Reply #32 on: 30 Apr 2012, 07:03 »

omg. the microwave! I think I've found my next hiding spot haha

....after he finds it in his laptop bag at work today.  :-P

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?
« Reply #33 on: 30 Apr 2012, 07:39 »

We're pretty disgustingly cute when alone.
.....although, we do have a little white piece of paper taped to a straw that we stick in a vase in the living room when we're fighting and one of us wants to "surrender".

It might be disgustingly cute for an outsider to be there, but to read about it in this thread alone, all of these things sound sweet and bonding.
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2012, 07:48 by Redball »

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #34 on: 21 Jul 2012, 15:46 »

My boyfriend has nicknamed my boobs Batman and Robin. Batman is superior to Robin somehow.

Redball

• What's disease? Where?
« Reply #35 on: 21 Jul 2012, 16:17 »

Masculine names?

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #36 on: 21 Jul 2012, 16:24 »

Heroic names. 

Redball

• What's disease? Where?
« Reply #37 on: 21 Jul 2012, 17:39 »

Joan and Andraste.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #38 on: 22 Jul 2012, 09:15 »

Masculine/geeky names for my masculine/geeky personality.
Pages: [1]   Go Up