THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 05:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Bear with me folks, I've only done this once before: What was the MOMENT OF THE WEEK??

"About last night...I was drunk, but I totally meant it."
- 1 (0.7%)
"I'm super into you. The whole shebang. Massive crush. Barfin' butterflies."
- 11 (8.1%)
"If it doesn't work out, hey, it happens. I wanna give it a try."
- 1 (0.7%)
"So, uh-* *SMOOOOOCH* :-D
- 16 (11.8%)
Tai and Dora practice the call of the domesticated Marten
- 4 (2.9%)
"Is this normally what happens when people kiss?"
- 1 (0.7%)
"I hope not...I've been doing wrong this whole time"
- 3 (2.2%)
POWER HUG! (and a bruised sternum)
- 10 (7.4%)
"You promise you're okay with this?" "I promise. I'm happy for you guys"
- 0 (0%)
"Good...Right now I would happily sacrifice our friendship for more Dora-kisses"
- 5 (3.7%)
Marten appreciates brutal honesty
- 1 (0.7%)
"You're ok with this?" (again)
- 0 (0%)
SEE? HE'S SERIOUSLY OK WITH IT PEOPLE!!!! GOD!
- 6 (4.4%)
"I don't believe in altruism. You must have an angle." "I like seeing my friends happy."
- 1 (0.7%)
"It would make ME happy if you have me a hundred bucks." "Who says we're friends?" (burn)
- 4 (2.9%)
"WE'RE friends" (double burn)
- 14 (10.3%)
"Do you have a belly button?"
- 5 (3.7%)
"Of COURSE I-" *checks* "Yes, I do."
- 13 (9.6%)
BOOP!
- 4 (2.9%)
ANIMATED BOOP! (Emily will rule this comic)
- 36 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2246-2250 (August 6-10 2012) Weekly Comic Discussion Thread  (Read 93761 times)

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC

I don't even think they are really opposites... They are just incompatible.

I have found during my time on these forums that people who identify too closely with one of the characters almost invariably views the storyline in a fairly distorted way.

Oh and that Pintsize idea wouldn't be trolling around here... You'd fit right in.

Tai-Curiosity ... Dora-Mars ... Good timing really.

Edit: posting on this phone is hard. But happily the most recent post doesn't merit a response. Nothing personal. :)
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine

I am fangirl squealing. i NEVER fangirl squeal.

I'm not going to get my hopes up too much, cos relationships die like mayflies in this comic, but for the moment at least I am excited to see where this goes.

I think this could be good for both of them.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Dust

• Obscure cultural reference

Not going to lie. I'm really not feeling this whole Tai/Dora thing. How can she go from not really knowing what she wants to do relationship wise with a date with Jim to just making out with Tai out of nowhere? I'm probably going to get hate for this but I really hope this ship sinks faster than the Titanic.

True - Tai's whole "it's totally not physical, but I'm going to put you on the spot instead of letting you think about it and make a decision" doesn't really vibe either. If there's an iceberg ahead, it's Tai's polyamory versue Dora's trust issues.

Emphasis on the 'if'.

WAYF

• Beyoncé

To be totally fair, it's been more than 250 strips since Dora's date with Jim and subsequent realization. And since then she has reconciled with Marten, gone to see a therapist, and she seems to be a lot happier than she was in the last hundred or so strips before the break-up.
(Which is now more than 400 strips ago) :psyduck:

It's possible that Dora's therapist will have the same thing to say as Dr. Corrine did to Faye when she slept with Sven: Go for it, try not to let your worries get you down.

bukwrm

• Not quite a lurker

I think *I'm* about to barf butterflies now. Gonna refrain from typing out the happy squeal, but imagine a happy squeal. Lots of "E"s. Lots of exclamation points.

Fenriswolf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

Yaaaaay! I always thought it'd be cool for Dora to go out with a lady (bi visibility FTW) but never thought Tai was on the cards, thought it just wouldn't work. But Jeph has totally made it a realistic arc and I am happy.  :mrgreen:

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Opposites attract. My current situation reflects this.

I loathe when people try to lend legitimacy to this idea that it's a good thing to have little in common with a significant other, when in fact the opposite (ha!) is true.

One needs to take a broader view.  What is even meant by "opposites"?  If two people have little in common in their backgrounds and knowledge, but none the less share an interest in learning about new things and what's around them, then they may appear to be opposites on a superficial level, but actually be very compatible.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.

yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

WAYF

• Beyoncé

Ooh! I've got one!
Okay Dora, you've got a minute. But do you have a couple of hours the rest of the afternoon off?
 :evil: :evil:
« Last Edit: 06 Aug 2012, 01:02 by WAYF »

Sullivan

• Furry furrier
  • Speaker-to- ... um... hm.

YYAAAAYYYY!!!

Also: "I'll be in my bunk." -- Jayne

(Oh, now, come on. Somebody had to say it!)

SJCrew

• Obscure cultural reference

"But if you're just considering it because she's shown interest in you, that's not really fair to her."

Unless Jeph wants to shit on the character writing and development he's built so far, this relationship is really not supposed to work. Tai and Dora are friends, but they barely know each other at all. At least Tai had the courtesy of naming the things she actually liked about Dora while I'm sure Dora won't be able to do the same. The shock value of the last panel worked, but overall, it's just a bad idea. I would've liked to see a date first.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor

...I don't think Martin/Marigold is that bad a pairing, as pairings go.  It at least wouldn't be totally out of left field, in the way, say, Steve/Raven would be.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker

WELP

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

It's hard to tell if you are reacting to the last post, the discussion, or the comic!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google

Whow.

That was easy.

And I think Sven + Raven would be an interesting pairing.  :wink:

Carpe Diem

CrowFairy

• Scrabble hacker
  • I've been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku

I've been trying to figure out why I feel lukewarm about them being together. And I think I've got most of it. In no particular order:

1. I can't help but wonder if Tai's polyamorous tendencies will get in the way.
2. I really don't think Dora is actually interested in Tai the way Tai deserves. Everybody deserves to have their affections returned in equal, and I just don't see Dora being able to do that right now. If they stick it out, sure, but will they get that far?
3. And here's the big one for me... I kinda saw Dora as a sisterly relation to her. She's someone Tai looks up to, and Dora is like, "Aww, you're cute" in a non-romantic way. I don't think a heartfelt speech is enough to change Dora's semi-sisterly affections toward Tai, but she seems to have been drawn in by the idea of being unconditionally loved by Tai, and you can't really blame her for that when we think about who she is and what she's been through. I guess what I'm getting at is that it's almost incestuous to me, just because of how their relationship has been up until Tai's first butterflies for her.

I mean, if they'll be happy, it's fine, I suppose. I just don't think happiness is likely for them. And I know Dora and Marten can be around each other, but if this doesn't work, I think Tai will be a lot more hurt in the end than Marten was. That will be a much harder bond to mend.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Make-outs =/= relationship. It could be that Dora is testing to see if she feels anything. But if they do decide to get together, those are my thoughts.
Both the hope and destroyer of worlds. Feel lucky?

Formerly LoliButt.

Hinterfiend

• Notorious N.U.R.R.

Really? So, dating your employee who is also a 'friend's ex days after they broke up, after constantly asking if they were broken up DURING the relationship is now ok?  Tai really is one of the more assholish of the characters, right behind Dora.

TinPenguin

• Cogito ergo potato.

hah, 'days' after? QC time doesn't move THAT slowly.

True - Tai's whole "it's totally not physical, but I'm going to put you on the spot instead of letting you think about it and make a decision" doesn't really vibe either. If there's an iceberg ahead, it's Tai's polyamory versue Dora's trust issues.

Being left to think about things can often be unhealthy with people like Dora. They need a bit of gentle force to say 'do something now before you paint a tragedy in your head'. I think Tai behaved well to Dora's control issues. She forced her to make a decision, but she left it entirely in her hands (with a fair dose of suggestion).

Also, how many times must it be pointed out that Tai has been gunning for a monogamous relationship since her first appearances in the comic. I don't expect her polyamory to factor into this at all.

It at least wouldn't be totally out of left field, in the way, say, Steve/Raven would be.

Would that pairing be "Rave" or "Steven"? :-D

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it

Hmm. Undecided about this. Random thoughts:

• May be Jeph simply wants to explore (or try his hand in depicting) a girl-girl relationship? Given the cast he has built this is a logical step.
  • The forum is going to be livelier than in months.

My undecidedness admittedly comes from not having witnessed a romantic relationship between two girls in my own life (nor, come to think of it, in fiction), so I have zero idea what to expect. Also, I'm not entirely convinced that Dora's investment here matches that of Tai, so the relationship may be destined to fail for that reason.

Let's see how it goes.
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

VonKleist

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • First I lol'd. But then I serious'd.

uhmm

Tora! Tora! Tora!?

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine

I think some people are forgetting that Tai isn't really polyamorous by inclination, it is simply the only option currently on the table sans celibacy. She has stated repeatedly that she wants a stable monogamous relationship. I don't see it being an issue at all.

As someone who tends to self-sabotage if left to dwell too long, I can see how gently pressing for an answer could be the better course of action here. Dora's self-doubt could very well have destroyed it all before she even gave it a chance. Tai is right. If it does work out, well, these things happen. All relationships end in either break up or death and break up is the far more common outcome. If the possibility of it not working out is the excuse we all used for not getting together with someone, then no one would ever get together.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

I'm not entirely convinced that Dora's investment here matches that of Tai, so the relationship may be destined to fail for that reason.

Complete equality is unlikely in any case, if it can even be defined; the question is really that each party has sufficient investment to make it work - and that the other perceives that, of course.

techkid

• Disqualified from the human race for shoving

Like most of us here, I'm glad to see a happy start to their relationship.

"But if you're just considering it because she's shown interest in you, that's not really fair to her."

Unless Jeph wants to shit on the character writing and development he's built so far, this relationship is really not supposed to work. Tai and Dora are friends, but they barely know each other at all. At least Tai had the courtesy of naming the things she actually liked about Dora while I'm sure Dora won't be able to do the same. The shock value of the last panel worked, but overall, it's just a bad idea. I would've liked to see a date first.

I do grudgingly agree with you on this point. After all, Tai and Dora hardly ever interacted within the comic, unless there was something involving their mutual friend Marten. Dora doesn't know a great deal about Tai that I'm aware of, but that being said, there probably are some romances that started off that way.

Whether Dora does the sensible thing (work and build the relationship slowly), the brave thing (dive right in and see if she remembers to swim), or the dang-fool thing (nit-pick and destroy what hasn't even started yet) will be revealed in due course, but I'm hoping that there is at least a period of happiness for them both (how long it lasts is in the hands of their Creator...)
Just because I'm evil, doesn't mean I'm a bad person.

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker

What is the opposite of a man?

A shemale?

I think some people are forgetting that Tai isn't really polyamorous by inclination, it is simply the only option currently on the table sans celibacy. She has stated repeatedly that she wants a stable monogamous relationship. I don't see it being an issue at all.

I think the big issue people have is, what is Dora's inclinations? Even a pep talk with Tai only gave Tai an even more confusing outlook on Dora.

Tai Fanboi

• Balloon animal serial killer
    • DeadWinter

Yeah I pretty much registered just for that.  Carry on, nothing to see here. 
Oh god, I should've drunk more so I wouldn't remember that.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC

Well, I think that just about covers the gamut of reactions...  :lol:
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Vilengel

• Not quite a lurker
  • if this is a personal text why is it public then

Best thing ever. I dare Jeph to make this last. I double dare him. pls. On the other hand I'm forced to agree, relationships tend to be rough in this comic. But I think Dora sees more in Tai than she lets us know. At least now, after Tai's speech, Dora sees that Tai isn't just a cute little lesbian girl, she's a person. And a likable one.

I'm a horrible reader. The moment I went to see this comic I scrolled down to see WHAT HAPENS. Thankfully I wasn't disappointed :)

VonKleist

Yeah I pretty much registered just for that.  Carry on, nothing to see here.

lol which one represents you best?

I´m the one blankly smiling into the middle distance.

Mothykins

• Spotted Stegasaurothingy

X3 Ohgods. I'd half-expected today's (Monday's) comic to have a little dream-sequence bubble at the bottom with Tai daydreaming or something. But nope. It's the real deal.

You guys worry too much.

(Or maybe I don't worry enough and this will end in tears. Who knows?)
Be loud, be proud, and rejoice!

Madmartigan

• Curry sauce

Wasn't expecting that shit at all. :psyduck:

Hope Dora isn't being the bad kind of impulsive and latching on just because someone digs her that much as that was a very slick speech by Tai.

I mean, good for Dora, but.  I just don't see it, at least on Dora's end.  Never really showed any real romantic interest in Tai other than a dropped line of casual sex.  I still maintain Tai isn't exactly the match Dora needs, but maybe with all the contant screwing over of guys, a gal might work better.  Just don't think Tai is the one.  Still too much of a kid in my mind.  Oh well.

Then again, I always figured the end of this story line entirely would be around all the characters growing up and moving on with lives one at a time.  All relationships have failed other than Faye/Angus so far so this will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Honestly, I think this is well.  Not really a "rebound" relationship, but a getting back on the horse and figuring out what she wants thing.  Still weird though.  Hardly knows Tai.  Mmm. :-\

JRDelirio

• Plantmonster

Don't put away that hose yet, Faye  :-D

Midwesterner

• Plantmonster

Hello everyone, I've been a lurker since about when Clinton was introduced before the space station arc, and I finally got around to registering to say

WOOHOO!!!!

PleaseletthisgobetterthanIexpect  :psyduck:

Also I love Jeph's snarky captions all over the forum headers.

Madmartigan

• Curry sauce

I've been trying to figure out why I feel lukewarm about them being together. And I think I've got most of it. In no particular order:

1. I can't help but wonder if Tai's polyamorous tendencies will get in the way.
2. I really don't think Dora is actually interested in Tai the way Tai deserves. Everybody deserves to have their affections returned in equal, and I just don't see Dora being able to do that right now. If they stick it out, sure, but will they get that far?
3. And here's the big one for me... I kinda saw Dora as a sisterly relation to her. She's someone Tai looks up to, and Dora is like, "Aww, you're cute" in a non-romantic way. I don't think a heartfelt speech is enough to change Dora's semi-sisterly affections toward Tai, but she seems to have been drawn in by the idea of being unconditionally loved by Tai, and you can't really blame her for that when we think about who she is and what she's been through. I guess what I'm getting at is that it's almost incestuous to me, just because of how their relationship has been up until Tai's first butterflies for her.

I mean, if they'll be happy, it's fine, I suppose. I just don't think happiness is likely for them. And I know Dora and Marten can be around each other, but if this doesn't work, I think Tai will be a lot more hurt in the end than Marten was. That will be a much harder bond to mend.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Make-outs =/= relationship. It could be that Dora is testing to see if she feels anything. But if they do decide to get together, those are my thoughts.

I was looking for a more direct reason for my discomfort with them and I think you just nailed it.  Sisterly affections.  For sure.  Tai views Dora as a god, a flawed one of course, but definitely looks up to her.  Early on it was kind of the role model look up to.  And for Dora, Tai was like the cute butch sister she never had and could get along with.  All the little head rubbings and "cute" labels speak a HELL of a lot more to sisterly stuff than romantic.  At all.  In all honestly, objectively speaking, you really can't name one romantic vibe from Dora to Tai.  I think that's a massive problem in the start of this relationship.  You can clearly see how FIERCE, yes FIERCE Tai's liking for Dora is.  She into ALL of her.  I don't think her ultimatum was fair.  She wanted an answer right on.  Yes or No.  Gotta give that time.  Dora's reaction just seemed spontaneous and out of nowhere.  A "holy shit holy shit someone is actually that into why not I'll just kiss the hell of her" reaction.  As someone said, it is only fair you respond in kind to the feelings of a potential partner.  Sure you can grow to love, but that's a lot of growing to do for Dora and would seem completely out of place to happen like "that".  There'd need to be at least another 200+ of them together imo for Dora to get on Tai's level and by then I think a lot of issues pop up to kill it off.

Count me in the "hope it sinks faster than the Titanic" group and I don't say it to be insensitive or an ass or anything.  The sooner it ends the better.  I don't want Dora living a farce because someone is head over heels for her and unlike Marten chose her NUMBER ONE rather than number two.  And that's what it feels like right now.  Had Dora shown anything other than sisterly notions or that random casual sex line (which honestly just seemed more of a brush off than anything) or an inkling of interest beyond friendship, I wouldn't have as much a problem with it.  From my reading though.  I got nothing.

WAYF

• Beyoncé

Imagine if this had gone up on Friday. The forums would have exploded.

Melidara

• Notorious N.U.R.R.

I'm with a lot of people here in thinking that that was totally out of left field. I'm just sort of scratching my head thinking, "Er... where did THAT come from?" It's the sisterly affection thing, for sure. Sure, Tai's been all about Dora from the start. She totally has the hots for her, and she's never been quiet about it. She was still pursuing her and making (totally inappropriate, imo) comments while Dora and Marten were together, and Dora would always playfully shrug it off, give her noogies and pats on the head and say d'aww.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

My "problem" was that I got forced to work OT Sunday morning, thus couldn't get to a computer and get a proper poll/thread together.

And as soon as I saw today's comic, I thought three things:

1. "Well, at least my record of not having one of the WCDT's locked will remain intact."
2. "And the forums exploded in three, two, one..."
3. "This WCDT will probably hit 10 pages by Tuesday."

"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

:psyduck:

Imagine if this had gone up on Friday. The forums would have exploded.

I predict that unless Jeph pulls an "all a dream", they *will* explode by Friday.

I am also kinda lukewarm on the pairing. Can anyone with archive-fu tell me whether this is the first woman Dora actually dates? Because I have something like that in the back of my mind. If yes, it could be argued she is in there for the novelty.

Also, does anyone else think the kiss scene looks kinda weird? I dunno, it feels like something about their posture is off.

Tomorrow's comic: Dora and Tai come back in. Faye has the "congratulations" banner up (the one that Marten had when Faye slept with Angus.)

I also predict Pintsize will get a hold of pictures of Dora and Tai by Friday, badly photoshop them to something, uh, appropriate to his character and show them to Marten.

The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Midwesterner

• Plantmonster

:psyduck:

I am also kinda lukewarm on the pairing. Can anyone with archive-fu tell me whether this is the first woman Dora actually dates? Because I have something like that in the back of my mind. If yes, it could be argued she is in there for the novelty.

I'm pretty sure Tai would be Dora's first female partner we've seen on screen on the comic. (Marten, Jim, am I missing anyone?) She kind of was flirty with Faye's sister way back when QC was in the 160s or 170s, but that never got anything close to more than slight flirting.

Also, I'm curious to see who initiated the kiss, whether it was Dora first (in which case my gut reading would be more of a pitying, "Why not?" kiss) or Tai (just poured my heart out., so let me keep taking the initiative), or a simultaneous draw-in in which case I'll start barfing romantic butterflies.
« Last Edit: 06 Aug 2012, 06:29 by Midwesterner »

Boxilar

• Emoticontraindication
  • I have a hat

Had to work OT Sunday nightand while I could see the forums, they wouldn't let me log in from my phone. Most of what I wanted to say has already been said. Leading up to this, I thought the direct aproach might lead to this, but I still kind of dread the aftermath. I was suprised at my own reaction, in that, to me, it just didn't feel quite right. I think LoliBot nailed why. Dora and Tai have always had a Big Sister/Little Sister vibe going, at least from Dora's side of things. At the same time, it has been pointed out that, to our knowledge, Dora has never actually tried a relationship with a girl before. Tai has never made her atraction to Dora a secret, and Dora is apparently at a place in her life where she wants to try something new. I think if things go south, Dora will weather it fairly well. She has her business and her freinds and we've seen her remain mostly funtional in the immediate aftermath of The Breakup.

I worry about Tai. She has a history of recreational drug use and if things go pear shaped in a bad way, I could see her sliding off a slippery slope like Steve did.

Even still, I guess, color me cautiously optimistic?

On a related note, does anyone want to get a pool together on how many days it will be before a character's change in relationship status prompts someone to write out a "I'm never reading this comic again!" rant?

michael28

What is the opposite of a man?
Womenfolk... nah. But I'd say a wimp! By the way, the poll should be updated to: What do you think mondays comic will lead to?

My guess: Explosions, heat, destruction and grief. They'd make an excellent couple of FBs, but who knows what groundshaking character evolvement those 20 somethings go through in the next couple of months.

P.S. maybe Jeph wanted a excuse to draw more kissing girls!
« Last Edit: 06 Aug 2012, 07:03 by michael28 »
The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is "What does a woman want?"
- Sigmund Freud -

DonInKansas

• FIGHT YOU
  • Grammar Nazi

uhmm

Tora! Tora! Tora!?

I'm picturing that your avatar is saying this.  I chuckled a bit.
I mean, it would still suck, but at least it would suck creatively.

cem2010

Also, I'm curious to see who initiated the kiss, whether it was Dora first (in which case my gut reading would be more of a pitying, "Why not?" kiss) or Tai (just poured my heart out., so let me keep taking the initiative), or a simultaneous draw-in in which case I'll start barfing romantic butterflies.

I've been curious about this too. My best guess, judging purely on body language and not on the known history of the characters involved (Tai's deep desire for this to happen for, oh, several hundred comics versus Dora's misgivings about the whole thing) is that Dora made the first move. Or at the very least she's the most physically involved in the action. I mean, check out where their hands are. Tai is folding up on herself, with her hands out in front. That's not a controlling or certain movement. But when I look at Dora's hands on Tai's face, I see a much more conscious decision with even a hint of *gasp* desire.

Of course, when you factor in the two people who are involved, this is a little more difficult to believe  :-)

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

All relationships have failed other than Faye/Angus

Also Penny/Wil.

The more the merrier, so long as they stay palatable!  (And it's better if people read back enough to avoid saying the same thing again and again and again.)

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
  • Got alla the cri'cal sysms runnin'
    • Fessel at DeviantART

[ ... ]

The uncommon silence due probably to shock suggests otherwise thus far. Many people might really just be drawing a blank here. °O

I've been curious about this too. My best guess, judging purely on body language and not on the known history of the characters involved (Tai's deep desire for this to happen for, oh, several hundred comics versus Dora's misgivings about the whole thing) is that Dora made the first move. [ ... ]

Oh, Dora totally has that "thats the nicest thing anyone has ever..."-look on her face in the second to last panel. And comic history has her marked as a "lip grabber" (anyone remember the rooftop scene with her and Marten?) ... she initiated this, hands down and betting on it.

All relationships have failed other than Faye/Angus
Also Penny/Wil.
[ ... ]

Also Meena / that-guy-still-living-with-her. (Herp derp, kinda, durrrr...)

edit:
Also, lol at liberal agenda guy.
« Last Edit: 06 Aug 2012, 07:26 by Soulsynger »
My music as Hirnfunk on Soundcloud
My art (old and new) as Indrome on DeviantArt

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

A shemale?
Dude... Seriously?  :psyduck:

On a related note, does anyone want to get a pool together on how many days it will be before a character's change in relationship status prompts someone to write out a "I'm never reading this comic again!" rant?
Too late.

Barfing butterflies!
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

VonKleist

As much as I love gambling..
I doubt there are any people like that left on the forums.
« Last Edit: 06 Aug 2012, 07:53 by VonKleist »

TheEvilDog

Well, it seems like teddy has been thrown out of the pram by some people. And it probably won't be the last time this week.

At least Tai didn't get shot down or rejected by Dora. But that just means they're both going to get higher and higher, which might lead to a longer fall.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll see some pithy comments from the characters (and some pissy comments from some of the board, but then, what else is new?)

But I can't really see this lasting. As some have said, Tai and Dora don't really know that much about each other, at best, they've been friends of friends. And personally, I think Tai might realise that there isn't anything there, she's had the fantasy of Dora in her mind for how long? The thing is, the fantasy can never live up to the reality, especially if you have built it up over a significant period of time. The longer this goes on, the more Tai is going to see the real Dora and vice versa.

VonKleist

Also: I concurrrr - Tai has idolized Dora and their thing is going to crash and burn like a little gay hindenburg.

TinPenguin

• Cogito ergo potato.

I predict that unless Jeph pulls an "all a dream", they *will* explode by Friday.

Tomorrow's comic:

PHDrillSergeant

• Plantmonster
  • aka PonyToast
    • True Equestria Radio

I am also kinda lukewarm on the pairing.
Tai has idolized Dora and their thing is going to crash and burn like a little gay hindenburg.

Both of these. Dora and Tai are really a lot alike, and I know from experience that those kind of relationships tend to sink fast.
PonyToast

Host, True Equestria Radio
http://trueequestriaradio.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up