THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 22:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Bear with me folks, I've only done this once before: What was the MOMENT OF THE WEEK??

"About last night...I was drunk, but I totally meant it."
- 1 (0.7%)
"I'm super into you. The whole shebang. Massive crush. Barfin' butterflies."
- 11 (8.1%)
"If it doesn't work out, hey, it happens. I wanna give it a try."
- 1 (0.7%)
"So, uh-* *SMOOOOOCH* :-D
- 16 (11.8%)
Tai and Dora practice the call of the domesticated Marten
- 4 (2.9%)
"Is this normally what happens when people kiss?"
- 1 (0.7%)
"I hope not...I've been doing wrong this whole time"
- 3 (2.2%)
POWER HUG! (and a bruised sternum)
- 10 (7.4%)
"You promise you're okay with this?" "I promise. I'm happy for you guys"
- 0 (0%)
"Good...Right now I would happily sacrifice our friendship for more Dora-kisses"
- 5 (3.7%)
Marten appreciates brutal honesty
- 1 (0.7%)
"You're ok with this?" (again)
- 0 (0%)
SEE? HE'S SERIOUSLY OK WITH IT PEOPLE!!!! GOD!
- 6 (4.4%)
"I don't believe in altruism. You must have an angle." "I like seeing my friends happy."
- 1 (0.7%)
"It would make ME happy if you have me a hundred bucks." "Who says we're friends?" (burn)
- 4 (2.9%)
"WE'RE friends" (double burn)
- 14 (10.3%)
"Do you have a belly button?"
- 5 (3.7%)
"Of COURSE I-" *checks* "Yes, I do."
- 13 (9.6%)
BOOP!
- 4 (2.9%)
ANIMATED BOOP! (Emily will rule this comic)
- 36 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2246-2250 (August 6-10 2012) Weekly Comic Discussion Thread  (Read 93951 times)

michael28

• Balloon animal serial killer

I am also kinda lukewarm on the pairing.
Tai has idolized Dora and their thing is going to crash and burn like a little gay hindenburg.

Both of these. Dora and Tai are really a lot alike, and I know from experience that those kind of relationships tend to sink fast.
Shush! Loose lips sink ships :D
Don't produce a selffulfing phrophecy.

@TinPinguin, awesome!

Short notice of the still working relationships (until further notice):
- Penelope/Will
- Faye/Angus
- Cosette/Steve

I want to see more of CoSt. The scene where cosette literally marked Stevens ass with her flag, AWESOME! http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1877
« Last Edit: 06 Aug 2012, 08:55 by michael28 »
The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is "What does a woman want?"
- Sigmund Freud -

PHDrillSergeant

• Plantmonster
  • aka PonyToast
    • True Equestria Radio

Loose lips sink ships

FOREVER!!!
PonyToast

Host, True Equestria Radio
http://trueequestriaradio.com

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

- Cosette/Steve

I forgot.  On the other hand we can't be sure, because there is a tendency for Steve to turn up after a long absence saying that it didn't work out!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

Shush! Loose lips sink ships :D
Don't produce a selffulfing phrophecy.

@TinPinguin, awesome!

Short notice of the still working relationships (until further notice):
- Penelope/Will
- Faye/Angus
- Cosette/Steve

I want to see more of CoSt. The scene where cosette literally marked Stevens ass with her flag, AWESOME! http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1877

GAAAAAAHHHHHH. Read this. </peeve>

~ ~

I'm not sure what I think of this at all. It'd be interesting to see Dora and Tai giving it a go but I don't see it working out in the long run. However that doesn't mean what they have won't be fun or that it'll end on bad terms. Although tomorrow we could see Dora going back and saying she shouldn't have kissed her and it was all in the moment.
I'm intrigued but not hopeful and that makes me sad since I want all these characters to be happy.

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • On a night out, October 2013
    • My LiveJournal page

I've been thinking and I think that Dora has been with a woman before.  Didn't she say something about dating a yoga instructor once?
Francisco

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

I had completely forgotten about the yoga instructor, but said instructor was apparently quite male.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Silentbanksy

• Plantmonster
  • Surreal, aren't they?

Not that I can remember. She did fap to pictures of Veronica Vance when she was a teen, and Jeph has said before that if Faye was so inclined Fora or Daye would've happened. Also, i'm pretty sure there's a strip where she looks at Tai's hood piercing or something, might be my sad, sad imagination.

------------------------------

I love the idea that Jeph's assumed he's made her bisexuality clear in his past comics, and that we're just totally over-analysing it.

Not that that ever happens WCDT or anything...

GAH. NINJA'D.
I'm witty, right?

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist

Also, i'm pretty sure there's a strip where she looks at Tai's hood piercing or something, might be my sad, sad imagination.
Here.
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

michael28

Also, i'm pretty sure there's a strip where she looks at Tai's hood piercing or something, might be my sad, sad imagination.
Here.
welp time for some emergency burbon...

Aside from circumsission that's one of the things humans do, I'll never understand... and the Prince Albert.

P.S. Corsette practically planted her flag on Stevens ass. Better?
The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is "What does a woman want?"
- Sigmund Freud -

Silentbanksy

• Plantmonster
  • Surreal, aren't they?

Here.

Thank you, I am new to the arts of archive-fu.

To be fair, Cosette isn't the only one doing some flag stamping, remember when Marten said Cosette looked nice and Steve flipped?

Goddammit I have no idea how to search archives.
I'm witty, right?

Pituitary Termites

• Notorious N.U.R.R.

All relationships end in breakups, except a minority that end in corpsehood.

All relationships end eventually. Either you break up, or one of you dies.

If you're very lucky, you both die.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

ohnorobot.com for most of the early strips, jwhouk's episode guide on scribd for a complete list of summaries, and if there was memorable dialog it may be in the wiki.

Dora has had time for the idea of a relationship with Tai to be processed in her subconscious.

The potential friction point that leaps out is the conflict in mindset and values between a business owner and a stoner. That's going to take work to overcome.

This could be a growing-up opportunity for Tai: she seems to be ready for one.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker

I am also kinda lukewarm on the pairing. Can anyone with archive-fu tell me whether this is the first woman Dora actually dates? Because I have something like that in the back of my mind. If yes, it could be argued she is in there for the novelty.

That reminds me....Tai mentioned once that Dora was into girls. What that means, or how much Tai and Marten know is up in the air.

Here.
And don't forget symmetrical naked Tai thinking.
« Last Edit: 06 Aug 2012, 11:10 by cesariojpn »

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

All relationships end in breakups, except a minority that end in corpsehood.

All relationships end eventually. Either you break up, or one of you dies.

If you're very lucky, you both die.
Quote from: Louis C.K.
Or you'll meet the perfect person, who you love infinitely, and you even argue well, and you grow together, and you have children, and then you get old together, and then she's going to die. That's the best-case scenario.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Wyld Karde

• Notorious N.U.R.R.

Yet another longtime reader who registered to join the discussion here.  Hi folks!

I'm hoping they can make it work out.  I've been wanting Tai to get a regular girlfriend for a while now and Dora seems to be her best shot at present.  Whether it actually will work out... well that's up in the air.  There's good reasons both for and against it but either way it'll be a good read.

For those debating who initiated the kiss, take a good look at those last two frames.  Use the doorway as a reference for where they're standing and it's pretty clear that Dora took a step forward between the frames.  She initiated things.  Whether it's because Tai's speech moved her into giving things a shot or if it's just some impulsive thing that she's gonna regret come tomorrow's strip, that's for time (and Jeph) to tell.

In the meanwhile.  So much squee here.
--WK
"Bother!" said The Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh!"

Silentbanksy

• Plantmonster
  • Surreal, aren't they?

I get premonitions of the next strip being Hanners waiting inside with a "Baby-Maker 3000" (Elliot-Chatham Industries TM) and a big ol' smile on her face.
I'm witty, right?

mustang6172

• Duck attack survivor
  • Citizen First Class

This new plot point only makes sense on the logic of "Dora & Tai are gay therefore they belong together."

I wonder if Jeph previously said, "Dora and Marten should be a couple because they're both white."  (Before you stay Steve & Mena, how many years has it been since we heard from Mena?)

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

Tai and Dora may surprise us all.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

ecstaticjoy

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • I like math

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Loki

• comeback tour!

This new plot point only makes sense on the logic of "Dora & Tai are gay therefore they belong together."
Tai was into Dora ever since, although one might argue she only was because Dora was "potentially compatible", so to speak. As far as Dora liking Tai, yeah, that's a bit more far-fetched.
I wonder if Jeph previously said, "Dora and Marten should be a couple because they're both white." 
Now that's not true. There was chemistry between Marten and Dora, and it did hold for quite long. Dora was into Marten since at least the 200s, see here.

Edit: completely unrelated, but I discovered Dora is actually blonde.

Toe

• Obscure cultural reference

Sooo... Tai just leaped onto Dora like Dora leaped onto Marten.

I think *I'm* about to barf butterflies now. Gonna refrain from typing out the happy squeal, but imagine a happy squeal. Lots of "E"s. Lots of exclamation points.

So basically, this is you right now? Eh, no worries, that'll probably be Hanners in tomorrow's comic. :)

(did anybody ever figure out what happened to her glasses?)

- Cosette/Steve

I forgot.  On the other hand we can't be sure, because there is a tendency for Steve to turn up after a long absence saying that it didn't work out!

Hooray for trying to remember the relationship status of characters that might as well not even be in the comic! :P

Edit: completely unrelated, but I discovered Dora is actually blonde.

You apparently missed the long time period when Dora let her hair grow out without dying it?

Blood-Tree

• Must have tree blood!!!

OK, I made completely the wrong prediction on this.

So next I predict that Dora will freak out about her overly impulsive kiss and then there will be a terrible earthquake which will cause the gates of hell underneath CoD to open, unleashing a horde of ferocious demons from their grim primordial imprisonment. Marten will walk in, power up to super-saiyan 3, and will engage the hellspawn in a long and fierce battle before finally defeating them with a spirit bomb, regrettably destroying half the Earth in the process. Fortunately, while the fight is going on, Hanners and pintsize will travel to Namek and gather the dragon balls there in order to summon the Namekian dragon and revive the Earth. After that Dora and Tai will probably date for a while before eventually breaking up.

Loki

• comeback tour!

You apparently missed the long time period when Dora let her hair grow out without dying it?

I... I thought...
that was just some funky paint....

Stop judging me, I am a guy, mkay! </hiding behind gender stereotypes>

jmucchiello

• Curry sauce

Not going to lie. I'm really not feeling this whole Tai/Dora thing. How can she go from not really knowing what she wants to do relationship wise with a date with Jim to just making out with Tai out of nowhere? I'm probably going to get hate for this but I really hope this ship sinks faster than the Titanic.
Dora and Tai have both expressed interest in one another in the past. It's not even close to being similar to dating Jim.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N

IIRC, Tai's speech the previous night broke Dora.

I do think that what Tai did in this strip would have been way, way too pushy with anyone BUT Dora. Dora, OTOH, needed that level of pushing.

That said, I think this relationship is going to crash and burn big time.

Not sure how, though. I'm thinking either a Faye/Sven scenario, or a Marten/Dora scenario. But the Marten/Dora scenario would be too repetitive for Jeph. So, I'm predicting that Tai gets high, and ends up having sex with someone at Smif... and then Dora freaks out. Actually, that's too predictable. I'm predicting that Dora cheats on Tai, thinking that Tai is cheating on her (when she's completely faithful, even if she's found it challenging to remain faithful), and that absolutely breaks Tai, and sends her into a Steve-style depression.

(Getting all the predictions out of the way, specifically so that they don't happen. :P)

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • On a night out, October 2013
    • My LiveJournal page

No, it doesn't only make sense on that.

Outward signs:
  • They're acquainted with one another,
  • They're friendly with one another and
  • They both find each other attractive.

Whilst that's not enough for a successful relationship it's a start.

Add to that the fact that Tai's been interested in Dora for a long time.  Whilst there were jokes around the subject, Dora always seemed to feel with Marten that she was the consolation prize.

They're both assertive, confident people, although Dora doesn't believe that of herself because she's always comparing herself to her brother.  However, it takes a lot of confidence to be successful in business.

I'm not saying that they're going to settle down but Dora and Tai are sill a better match than Marten and Dora ever were.  Maybe it would last, maybe not but it's not the worst match in the world.
Francisco

Daniel Patrick Moynihan

• Emoticontraindication

My face this morning.

I'm more pleased than surprised, I've kind of suspected Jeph would go this route rather than invent new gay/lesbian characters just for the sake of being able to write a non-hetero romance, which I think he's mentioned on tumblr or twitter as something he's wanted to do for a while.  I'm not sure what the longevity of this will be, the romances have been pretty status quoish for everyone but Marten for hundreds of strips.  The tree of drama must be refreshed from time to time with the tears of shippers, so a month or two real time is my guess.   

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Tai's doing it. How will this end?

The usual way (tears)    7 (9.6%)
Dora will let her down gently    5 (6.8%)
Dora will get megapissed and cause a scene    1 (1.4%)
Dora will actually be flattered and agree to a date    5 (6.8%)
Makeouts will ensue (We can dream, can't we?)    39 (53.4%) (many of these votes happened AFTER Monday's strip was posted, I would bet)
Tai will think twice on the way there and decide not to go through with it (I know, not likely but still statistically possible)    0 (0%)
Tai runs into a short, red-haired man with a metal hand busily putting on a bushy red wig    2 (2.7%)
Tai woos with waffles (and space ham and all that other sh*t)    2 (2.7%)
Jeph gets abducted by aliens    2 (2.7%)
...and probed    10 (13.7%)

Total Members Voted: 73
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

crazdgamer

• Not quite a lurker

The potential friction point that leaps out is the conflict in mindset and values between a business owner and a stoner. That's going to take work to overcome.
Dora's parents smoke, so I can't imagine it being that big of a hurdle. 

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

I wonder if Jeph previously said, "Dora and Marten should be a couple because they're both white."  (Before you stay Steve & Mena, how many years has it been since we heard from Mena?)
Rather more recently, Marten and Padma, or Natalie and Amir...

A business owner who drinks alcohol, and whose parents are stoners. Dora is hardly straight-edge.

This could be a growing-up opportunity for Tai: she seems to be ready for one.
Yes, and it would be awesome story-telling-fu for Jeph. Along with the "let's get high" wackiness, there's been a lot of foreshadowing of Tai's desire for a stable relationship. There's been some debate about how old Tai is (she's a TA at Smif, and we never hear of her going to classes), but maybe she's started to realise (intermittently :wink:)  that she isn't an undergrad any more.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Dust

I think some people are forgetting that Tai isn't really polyamorous by inclination, it is simply the only option currently on the table sans celibacy. She has stated repeatedly that she wants a stable monogamous relationship. I don't see it being an issue at all.

She's said that, true. She also said she 'couldn't' date someone who'd been with a guy, so...
Waiting to see, I guess.

(My archive diving skills also stink)

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

It's been long enough that she doesn't have to worry about euphoria fluid.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Silentbanksy

• Plantmonster
  • Surreal, aren't they?

It's been long enough that she doesn't have to worry about euphoria fluid.

HAPPY BATTER! ^.^
I'm witty, right?

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Ah, someone looked up "glee glop".  :-D

So, my question is this: should the summary end of this strip be "SHE KISSES THE GIRL!", or something else?
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday

Tai goes hard!

I don't get it. Is "paint" slang for something I'm not aware of?

/square
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker

Wondering that myself.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

It's the rectangle closest to the basket in basketball.  To go hard in the motherfucking paint means to dribble in quickly for a layup.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

slydon

• La maladie des fesses
    • Unintentionally Pretentious

And then, they went to Chik-Fil-A.

AceMaverick

• Notorious N.U.R.R.

Maybe I  have a skewed perspective because I do love these characters so much. I idolize both Dora and Tai, though for two different reasons. Dora owns her own business, and it's doing pretty well. She's done better, economically, than the rest of her friend group. Although, she doesn't have her love life figured out, the rest is pretty solid. And while Tai may be pretty immature in certain aspects, she has a pretty strong sense of who she is, and what she wants, and I really admire that. Even if Tai and Dora don't work out, I believe this relationship will help both of them grow. I will love to see all the butterflies, and rainbows, and unicorns. I hope Tai will get a little more time in the spotlight now.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor

Wow, three pages already?
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Wagimawr

• Facebook

Wow, only three pages so far?

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

@Sorflakne - Well your post indicating surprise at this added another 2% of a page, as did mine explaining that, as did Wagimawr's.

(The red's for the stuff I added when I hit send and got the red text)

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Renewman

• Emoticontraindication

Not going to lie. I'm really not feeling this whole Tai/Dora thing. How can she go from not really knowing what she wants to do relationship wise with a date with Jim to just making out with Tai out of nowhere? I'm probably going to get hate for this but I really hope this ship sinks faster than the Titanic.
Dora and Tai have both expressed interest in one another in the past. It's not even close to being similar to dating Jim.

Dora's interest in Tai has never been on the same level that Tai's interest in Dora has been. That's why this whole comic seems extremely silly to me. Dora know basically nothing about Tai outside of what she's known through all of them hanging out and what she now knows. However, despite all of that, she just goes in and kisses Tai like she was waiting for it all along? Yeah, I'm hoping this relationship implodes on itself. Tai and Dora are about to learn a lesson in relationships but Tai is going to end up learning the hardest.

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet

I just want to say that Dora's shirt is completely free of BS.

Toe

Dora know basically nothing about Tai outside of what she's known through all of them hanging out and what she now knows.

Because every moment of every interaction the characters ever have is shown in the comic. They just cease to exist when they're not being shown in today's strip. :psyduck:

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

I just want to say that Dora's shirt is completely free of BS.
I see what you did there.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker

Yeah, I'm hoping this relationship implodes on itself.

Oh, so you share the same viewpoints of Kinky Friedman on same sex couples?

edit: Twitter feed....is Shelby gonna get a playmate?
« Last Edit: 06 Aug 2012, 22:38 by cesariojpn »

Justin Alexander

• Not quite a lurker

GAAAAAAHHHHHH. Read this. </peeve>

This. I literally thought I had missed a comic where Cosette literally planted a flag on Steve's ass. And that sounded awesome. And then I discovered it didn't actually exist.

And then I was sad.

Dora know basically nothing about Tai outside of what she's known through all of them hanging out and what she now knows.

Dora knows nothing about Tai except for all the stuff she knows about Tai?

Well... sure. That's true.

Even if Dora knew absolutely nothing about Tai (when she, in fact, knows quite a lot), I'm not sure what relevance that would have to their relationship. Lots of people get into long-term, successful relationships without going through months-long courtships beforehand.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC

I can comprehend the responses offering the opinion that the relationship won't last - that was kind of to be expected. But hoping that it won't last seems a bit mean spirited to me, to say the least. It suggests to me that there is something more behind the opinion than what is being written.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up