• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

And Yet Another MOTW Poll:

So how'd your date last night go? Pretty well, I think... "You think?"
- 0 (0%)
I can tell Tai's completely infatuated with me already... I don't really feel that way about her yet and-
- 0 (0%)
YOU KNEW THAT!  If it was gonna be a problem, you shouldn't have agreed to go out in the first place!
- 0 (0%)
I KNEW THIS was a BAD IDEA. You're not ready to date, and you're screwing up again...
- 0 (0%)
...And if you had let me FINISH MY SENTENCE... She's so cute it's gonna be hard to hold out.
- 0 (0%)
I... you... What am I supposed to do with all this surplus rage now?
- 1 (1.9%)
Annette and RTTG meet up with "Miss Gabby"
- 0 (0%)
Marten can't believe they were froshes at Smif! "They all look like kids to me these days."
- 0 (0%)
Gabby: "How old do I look to you?" Marten: "Oh you're definitely college age."
- 0 (0%)
Claire: "What about me?" With that bag - 8th grade?
- 0 (0%)
I AM TWENTY-FOUR AND THIS IS VINTAGE (Bonercat bag FTW!)
- 1 (1.9%)
Claire reads off the order list; Hannelore: "It'll be a couple minutes. I have to go wash off the hammer."
- 1 (1.9%)
Tai's cute! I'm glad. Where's Faye? "She had to go work off some excess rage.
- 0 (0%)
Crosseyed Angus! "I'm not complaining, but what brought that on?"
- 4 (7.7%)
"It was either that or punch a tree 'til it exploded, and the park service is still mad at me for last time."
- 5 (9.6%)
Maritza Campos Guest Comic! Marten breaks Hannelore's mind! "fwip"
- 0 (0%)
Angus shows some concern: "We didn't, like, DISTURB you just now, did we?" "What? No."
- 0 (0%)
That's good. We were, uh, pretty loud and- "I didn't DISTURB YOU last night, did I? Because MAN."
- 1 (1.9%)
VRRRRR SHLUP SHLUP SHLUP RRRRR WEEE OH YEAH BABY PFFTHBLTH UNF UNF UNF MMM YEAH
- 27 (51.9%)
I was just goin' CRAZY. On my GENITALS.
- 8 (15.4%)
That's, uh, a little more information than I needed to-
- 0 (0%)
WELL MAYBE WE DON'T NEED TO TALK ABOUT EVERY TIME ONE OF US IS DOING SEX STUFF
- 0 (0%)
Marigold! I was in the room!
- 4 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2271-75 (10-14 September 2012) Weekly Comics Discussion Thread  (Read 62517 times)

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

She seems to not realize Marbear is joking, but Marbear has to be joking, since if she wasn't, Momo would've heard it and wouldn't be surprised to hear about it.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker

^
This.

ChaosWolf

• Obscure cultural reference

I strongly suspect there is a significant portion of the fanbase who now wants to see pictures of Marigold doing just what she is claiming to have done.

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Farmin' all these goddamn mushrooms.

I am not sure what is more perfect about this comic, that Marigold used the phrase "just, like, goin' crazy. On my genitals" or that she is a Karkat fangirl, because of course she'd be a Karkat fangirl

(she probably ships John/Karkat and Terezi/Karkat at the same time, in vacillating quadrants

for clarity: those are Homestuck references, because Marigold is wearing a Homestuck shirt

specifically, the shirt references this charming young fellow)
« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2012, 00:29 by Dr. ROFLPWN »
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.
Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.

I don't think that people are thinking that Marigold was REALLY telling Angus what she did.

Still, I agree that the way that she shames Angus totally seems out of character, but that's what makes it a) funny and b) hilarious.  Sometimes we're just inspired to do shit that's so "not us" - it's like when you're mad at someone and you actually think of everything you want to say right on the spot, instead of half-an-hour later when you're by yourself.
Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google

While this comic was funny, it seemed rather...OOC for Marigold.

I know she's not like Hanners, but I thought she would be kind of reserved/embarrassed about that kind of thing?  I GUESS EVERYTHING I THOUGHT WAS WRONG.  :psyduck:
Hmm ? No it wasnt. Marigold isnt Hanners. And Angus annoyed her by discussing his sex life with her. She simply made a point in return. I wouldnt consider this as an example of "snaps".

[...] I don't quite get Momo's reaction.
I interpret it as: Momo has been in the room, probably connected in order to regenerate her batteries - but was shut off completely on a timer - thus she wouldnt know anything that happened during this time, but objects if Marigold masturbated during it.
Carpe Diem

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

The concernbrag, the humblebrag's douchey best friend that pretends to have your interests at heart.
Yeah... Pretty much. Somethings are better passed over in silence. Nobody really wants to hear how awesome your sex-life is.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.

comic:  :psyduck:
wcdt: :psyduck:

Abyssalin

• Furry furrier
  • Mellow Mind Mellow Life... Mellow Yellow

This comic made me laugh immensely, I am now determined to do it next time someone goes on about their sex life..
"Coming out of my cage and i've been doing just fine"

Smarch

• Not quite a lurker

Marigold, you are officially The Best.

Arancaytar

• Curry sauce

Marigold treats Momo like she treats everyone.

Better. If Marigold treated everyone like she treats Momo, she'd be a saint, and also broke.

(Broker. I think Momo's chassis is already putting her on a ramen regimen for some time.)

techkid

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Disqualified from the human race for shoving

I can definitely see this as a "I don't care whether you're having sex or not, just don't be all up in my face about it!" sort of feeling (like hearing your parents talk about it *shudder*. You know logically it's going on, but you really (really, really) don't want to know).

This could all be a precursor to something (maybe Mar-bear misses her "science buddy" up in the space station), but that's just speculation.
Just because I'm evil, doesn't mean I'm a bad person.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

I instantly thought she was joking to prove a point and Momo didn't get it.

I wrote my comment then double checked the recent post and basically: What techkid said. Except I nearly forgot about her space-man.

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile

I know she's not like Hanners, but I thought she would be kind of reserved/embarrassed about that kind of thing?  I GUESS EVERYTHING I THOUGHT WAS WRONG.  :psyduck:
Hmm ? No it wasnt. Marigold isnt Hanners. And Angus annoyed her by discussing his sex life with her. She simply made a point in return. I wouldnt consider this as an example of "snaps".
i suppose it could be a sign of character development; that she's become more confident & less prone to embarrassment in front of her friends.

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.

Let's not forget that Marigold touched a wiener. She's a woman of a Kuiper Belt object now.

Madmartigan

• Curry sauce

Marigold!
Bahahahaah!  Finally, another absolutely hilarious strip.  That butt slapping had me rolling with laughter.

Mmmm.  Talking about sex stuff?  I guess my friends and I are far too close.  Once had a 2 our discussion about sex with 3 of my roommates and a roommates girlfriend that involved whether one roommate should try and sleep with someone with massive crazy eyes.  Then it got to involve....genitals, oral, and all kinds of crap.  Needless to say the girlfriend was used as an indirect example by her boyfriend and awkwardness ensued.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

for clarity: those are Homestuck references, because Marigold is wearing a Homestuck shirt

Actually, that's the zodiac symbol for Cancer, the crab.  Both my brother, and ironically my daughter - the one who was struck by cancer - are July babies. 

Since the homestuck guy is also clearly cancer-related, it makes sense, but ... it's more general than that! 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

Oh, I'm not saying Marigold "has" snapped -- she's just my candidate right now for a future snap. That can and probably will change.

I'm also remembering Momo, in her OE chassis when she was more an adorable smartass/Little Mother, once threatened to tell Angus that Marigold was "dehydrated from masturbating heavily" so he would "call emergency services." No, Momo doesn't squick easily.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Best way of dealing with excess rage?

Punching things. HARD.    3 (6.5%)
Hammers and nails and wooden boards.    0 (0%)
"Nailing" like Faye and Angus.    25 (54.3%)
Hammers to banana smoothies.    2 (4.3%)
Demoliton Derby.    1 (2.2%)
Roller Derby.    1 (2.2%)
Kneading dough.    1 (2.2%)
Kneeing the Dope.    0 (0%)
Sudden Onset Tourettes in the town square.    1 (2.2%)
Nailing your boss's brother.    1 (2.2%)
Smashing Pumpkins (not Billy Corrigan).    0 (0%)
Launching golf balls into space.    5 (10.9%)
Slap shots to the goalie's groin.    1 (2.2%)
Something else.    5 (10.9%)

Total Members Voted: 46
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Farmin' all these goddamn mushrooms.

Actually, that's the zodiac symbol for Cancer, the crab.  Both my brother, and ironically my daughter - the one who was struck by cancer - are July babies. 

Since the homestuck guy is also clearly cancer-related, it makes sense, but ... it's more general than that!

Yes, that is the Cancer symbol, but no, it's not more general. :P Or at least I really, really doubt it's more general. Marbear is an obsessive fan, and Homestuck collects obsessive fans like iron filings to a huge magnet. Also, the fact that it's grey on black is a giveaway (namely that fans can actually buy a shirt that looks like that).

I also recall Jeph saying on Tumblr that he thought well of Andrew Hussie, the author of said multimedia clusterfuck, but couldn't get into Homestuck himself...so I think this is a quiet tribute.

..... yeah, I'm a huge fucking nerd, fight me ._.
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

TheEvilDog

..... yeah, I'm a huge fucking nerd, fight me ._.

Nah, we like ya too much to fight you and who would farm those mushrooms?

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

You know logically it's going on, but you really (really, really) don't want to know).
What? No I don't, I just logically know it has happened twice. That's it.  EVER. :-\

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Torlek

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • When in doubt, throw an FFT at it.

This is the same girl who is obsessed with yaoi. I doubt she would be so reserved about sexual type things especially when it's a guarantee she looks at hentai and yaoi on a daily basis.

This. Marigold might seem a bit reserved about sex given she's a virgin but I'd bet money she'd be perfectly comfortable with sex and talking about it if she were getting some. Right now she's just mad about it because: 1.) her roommate, whom she nursed feelings for, is getting laid and she isn't, 2.) he's not being very discreet about it. But as for her; out of shape nerd girl with hentai and yaoi obsessions who's never gotten laid, yeah, she'd be CRAZY in bed. I'm not sure if the others should conspire to bring Francis down for a visit or not. Don't want the poor boy to die from snu-snu.
Quis pater tibi est?

Carl-E

• Awakened

I doubt he'd die.  Cross eyed, might not walk right for days, but he wouldn't die. 

Remember, he's in about the same condition she is...  I tend to think no one would see them for a week or so, and Momo'd have to find somewhere else to sleep. 

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

Maybe end up like this, but yeah, death seems like a bit much.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist

I'm not sure if the others should conspire to bring Francis down for a visit or not.
The most credible strategy would be maneuvering to have him invited as a guest lecturer (or whatever it's called in academia) in advanced theoretical physics at Smif. I think Station has the connections to achieve that, if Hanners asked him.
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it

Can't say I am surprised by the MOTW poll. Only an adawwwable Hanners moment could be a more predictable win. Like it or lump it. Or rather, like it or shlup shlup shlup it.
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor

...how did I not notice until just now the Karkat shirt?

Also, "multimedia clusterfuck" seems a much better descriptor than the usual inaccurate "webcomic."
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.

Can't say I am surprised by the MOTW poll. Only an adawwwable Hanners moment could be a more predictable win. Like it or lump it. Or rather, like it or shlup shlup shlup it.

Like it or hump it?
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Carl-E

• Awakened

Renewman

• Emoticontraindication

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker

(Broker. I think Momo's chassis is already putting her on a ramen regimen for some time.)

Hopefully she can get out of it, her digestive system is gonna go bad from that diet.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

I AM TWENTY-FOUR AND THIS IS VINTAGE (Bonercat bag FTW!)    1 (2.9%)
Crosseyed Angus! "I'm not complaining, but what brought that on?"    2 (5.7%)
"It was either that or punch a tree 'til it exploded, and the park service is still mad at me for last time."    3 (8.6%)
That's good. We were, uh, pretty loud and- "I didn't DISTURB YOU last night, did I? Because MAN."    1 (2.9%)
VRRRRR SHLUP SHLUP SHLUP RRRRR WEEE OH YEAH BABY PFFTHBLTH UNF UNF UNF MMM YEAH    20 (57.1%) <--- Kinda suspected this one was going to take all.
I was just goin' CRAZY. On my GENITALS.    5 (14.3%)
Marigold! I was in the room!    3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

ChaosWolf

• Obscure cultural reference

I AM TWENTY-FOUR AND THIS IS VINTAGE (Bonercat bag FTW!)    1 (2.9%)
Crosseyed Angus! "I'm not complaining, but what brought that on?"    2 (5.7%)
"It was either that or punch a tree 'til it exploded, and the park service is still mad at me for last time."    3 (8.6%)
That's good. We were, uh, pretty loud and- "I didn't DISTURB YOU last night, did I? Because MAN."    1 (2.9%)
VRRRRR SHLUP SHLUP SHLUP RRRRR WEEE OH YEAH BABY PFFTHBLTH UNF UNF UNF MMM YEAH    20 (57.1%) <--- Kinda suspected this one was going to take all.
I was just goin' CRAZY. On my GENITALS.    5 (14.3%)
Marigold! I was in the room!    3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Took off like a f##king rocket, didn't it?

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Momo offered to cook healthy meals for Marigirl and might even get her out for walks, if not actually being a workout partner. Buying Momo's new chassis was an act of pure generosity but she stands to benefit from it. Especially if Momo has the concept of giri.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up