Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 2330 times)

datGingerkid

Hi!
« on: 18 Sep 2012, 21:37 »

Hi! I started reading this comic the day of the Marten/Steve/Cosette's "Nice Shirt" mini-drama (Can't remember the page number right now, sorry) and have loved QC ever since.  I got bored and decided to make an account here since I don't know anyone who reads this in RL, and sometimes I want to talk about it, you know?  I've only done a little bit of lurking though, so I'll probably wait a couple of days before I post anything.  Or I might not.  I can be kinda flighty that way.

Also, to any and all redheads in the crowd, I have goldish-orange hair, paper-white skin, and loads of freckles myself, so I decided to represent my pigmentation in a manner not intended to imply that being ginger is better than being any other combination of colors, sorry I'm tired right now so y'all are just getting a bit of a stream of consciousness.  Anyways, I don't mean to upset anyone with my name, I just picked it on a whim, and I've heard that some people can get a little bit miffed when they're called a ginger, so I just want to let you know that the intent of my name is not to offend, but rather to have a bit of fun with who I am, and I dunno, I identify as ginger.  I mean, I regularly make jokes about not having a soul or reacting worse to the sun than a vampire in order to break the ice when I meet new people.  And this wound up waaaay longer than I intended it to.  Sorry, again.

So, just to reiterate the main points, I'm new, I like QC, I'd like to get to know you guys.  And I think I came out of this post looking kinda creepy.  I'd erase and make things better, but I think that'd be dishonest of me, and if I do have bad habits when it comes to posting then I'd rather have them pointed out to me sooner rather than later and I should just stop now dammit.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Hi!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2012, 21:58 »

Welcome!

We accept gingers here without any reservations.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
Re: Hi!
« Reply #2 on: 18 Sep 2012, 22:06 »

Welcome!

I have thin, mouse-brown hair, but I was sitting here, drinking Laphroaig, and just waiting for some gingers to show up so I could welcome them.

Welcome! 

a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2012, 02:27 »

Welcome!

We accept gingers here without any reservations.

Of course, if they make a reservation, we'll honor that, too! 

:roll:
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2012, 22:46 »

*Waves hello*
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.
Pages: [1]   Go Up