THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 01:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wreck-It Ralph  (Read 4891 times)

CrowFairy

• Scrabble hacker
  • I've been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku
Wreck-It Ralph
« on: 24 Sep 2012, 20:19 »

A Disney movie about video games!
November 2!
Gonna be the best movie ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87E6N7ToCxs

Okay, so here's the real synopsis for those of you who don't know and/or don't feel like watching the trailer:

A guy named Wreck-It Ralph is the antagonist in an arcade game called "Fix-It Felix." Ralph goes to apartment building and destroys it. Felix fixes it. I kinda think of it as being similar to Donkey Kong. (I'm not the only one that thinks so. Image) Ralph goes to a support group for the baddies of video games. The game hits its 30th anniversary. And he realizes he doesn't want to be the bad guy anymore, because he's tired of doing a job that no one wants him to do (which is wrecking the apartment building). So he leaves his game and hops to "Hero's Duty" (like a cyber-punk "Call of Duty") and "Sugar Rush" (kart racing game) to figure out who he is and what he wants. But he finds out that they're going to remove "Fix-It Felix" if he doesn't come back. What will he do??

It's going to be so good, guys. But I am going to probably cry through the entire friggin' thing. Seriously. I've heard some stuff about Ralph as a character that makes me super-depressed.
(click to show/hide)

Be careful, though, if you decide to pick up the children's books (including the coloring book, for goodness' sake!), because they have spoilers. The movie doesn't come out until November, and unwary book-browsers can find out how it ends. If you decide to do this, do not post spoilers. I'm sure there are others who are looking forward to this as much as I am, and we do not want to find out the ending or other details that we haven't seen in trailers.

But what do you guys think about Wreck-It Ralph? Are you excited? Are you going to read stuff that the developers have said in interviews? Are you going to go for the spoilers?

Also,
"Why do I fix everything I touch?? D:"

Other things of interest that you may or may not find spoiler-y. I don't think they are. If you watch all of the trailers, most of this information is apparent.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2012, 20:34 by LoliBot »
Both the hope and destroyer of worlds. Feel lucky?

Formerly LoliButt.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
Re: Wreck-It Ralph
« Reply #1 on: 24 Sep 2012, 20:48 »

I can't wait to see this, but I wish they didn't start showing the trailers for this in freaking June when it comes out in November

CrowFairy

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2 on: 24 Sep 2012, 21:30 »

Yeah, that does seem to be a recent trend over the past year or so. I think Disney in particular is concerned about failing as a company and therefore wants as much exposure for everything they do.

Formerly LoliButt.

ponderch3rry

• Plantmonster
  • lollercoaster
    • Seek Porpoise - A webcomic
« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2012, 18:18 »

I can't wait to see this, but I wish they didn't start showing the trailers for this in freaking June when it comes out in November

Agreed!

I'm also afraid they will over-expose the movie by continuing to release trailers so far in advance that once you finally get to the theatre, you'll feel like you've already seen it!
My webcomic:
www.seekporpoise.net

~~~ om nom nom nom~~~

CrowFairy

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #4 on: 02 Nov 2012, 23:32 »

So Wreck-It Ralph came out today!

I actually saw it last Thursday for a pre-screening, but I went again today, because it is literally that good.

Has anyone else gone to see it yet? Will you see it soon?

(click to show/hide)

Formerly LoliButt.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
  • Professional Beep Booper
« Reply #5 on: 04 Nov 2012, 10:58 »

Agreed!

I'm also afraid they will over-expose the movie by continuing to release trailers so far in advance that once you finally get to the theatre, you'll feel like you've already seen it!

I sequester myself by DVR-ing the things I really want to twatch and skipping the commercials...I definitely have to see this though, especially if LoliBot's reaction was so strong. ^_^
Worry Hat, Engage!

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: 04 Nov 2012, 17:45 »

Me from the "I Just Watched X" thread, completely forgot we had a Wreck It Ralph thread

I just saw Wreck-It Ralph and I really enjoyed it. I highly recommend it.

It was really good and I loved all the little game puns/secrets.
Pages: [1]   Go Up