THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 12:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: X-Com: Enemy Unknown  (Read 18769 times)

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown
« Reply #50 on: 02 Jul 2013, 19:34 »

Both casualties in my first base assault, I lost good troopers because I pushed them too far forward into what I thought was cleared territory, with not enough move to escape the Chrysalid packs, and not enough success from their support to stop them.

I don't look forward to trying to take one of those monsters alive.

On another note, survived my biggest UFO yet, with a B-lister team that I didn't think was going to manage it. Though I spammed the hell out of grenades on a room of two Sectoid Commanders to do it.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #51 on: 05 Jul 2013, 13:06 »

I got the DLC.  I do not feel as though my money was wasted.  That is damn fun.

8-)
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Parkour Lewis

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Does my butt look bigger on the inside?
« Reply #52 on: 10 Jul 2013, 21:26 »

Wow, I finally got around to playing it and damn this game is great.  Pretty true to the original too, at least in spirit. 

Also fuck chrysalids.  Fuck them right up their (I assume) three assholes with a trident.  Whenever I see those things I commmence operation "Run the fuck away firing blindly behind you."
When heaven's in the music, Hell is in control.
The Angels got the phonebox but the Devil's got the rock and roll.

ackblom12

« Reply #53 on: 26 Aug 2013, 15:25 »

Holy shit, the expansion entitled X-Com: Enemy Within is fucking massive (one of the things included is 47 new maps) and sounds utterly fantastic.

X-Com: Enemy Within is Mec-cing me Crazy

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #54 on: 26 Aug 2013, 17:06 »

My continued insistence on trying to play XCOM on Classic Ironman difficulty has brought me nothing but pain and frustration. Maybe if I can tolerate it in the future I might try it on Normal, but I think this is just the wrong game for me.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #55 on: 29 Aug 2013, 13:35 »

Enemy within - can't find it for 360...

:meh:

ETA: Nevermind - I see.  Will be getting this as soon as it's available.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

ackblom12

« Reply #56 on: 29 Aug 2013, 13:38 »

The expansion won't be released until Nov. 12. It's releasing for consoles and PC on the same day though.

ackblom12

« Reply #57 on: 04 Sep 2013, 21:31 »

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #58 on: 05 Sep 2013, 14:01 »

All of that is goddamned beautiful.  Every bit of it.

Hell yes.

My blog

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #59 on: 15 Nov 2013, 07:30 »

Okay, so I bought Enemy Within...

No scratch that.  I rebought Enemy Unknown, with a built in expansion.

First and foremost, I like the game.  I'm having fun.  But I'm pretty fucking pissed off at 2K games right now.  I didn't need a second copy of Enemy Unknown, I didn't want a second copy of Enemy Unknown.  I damn sure didn't want to be required to buy it to get what should have been a fucking DLC pack.

I had some bad feelings when I kept trying to get a straight answer on the xcom Facebook and Twitter feeds.  The only thing I got that resembled an answer from them was that "it's just too large to be a DLC."

Um, bullshit.  Straight out bullshit.  I've downloaded full games with no problem whatsoever.  Why should this be any different?

I seriously might be done with 2K games now.
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2013, 19:16 by Blyss »

My blog
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up