THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 03:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch  (Read 2956 times)

Lines

• Awakened
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
« on: 18 Feb 2013, 16:22 »

http://ninokunigame.com/

I got this as a Valentine's Day gift and after only a handful of hours of gameplay, I really enjoy it! Studio Ghibli was involved so of course the animation, music, character design, and story all feel very much like their movies (which I love) and the gameplay feels similar to Zelda, Pokemon, and a handful of other RPG games.

Has anyone else picked this up yet? What do you think?
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

ackblom12

Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2013, 16:39 »

I haven't picked it up, but I've been lusting for it. The problem is that I'm not so sure I'm actually ok with getting into another JRPG and all the genre trappings that comes with.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2 on: 19 Feb 2013, 08:24 »

Like what? The only one I've played is Pokemon. (I've watched other people play Zelda, but I never owned it.)
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #3 on: 19 Feb 2013, 16:01 »

The two biggest problems (for me) with JRPGs - prime example being the Final Fantasies - is that you have to do a bunch of grinding (unless, in some cases, you are really good at optimizing your playstyle), and that the plots has a tendency to start out interesting and personal, and then go on an obscure tangent that''s hard to understand and harder to care about.

For the trailers this one looks and sounds pretty good, though, and the reviews seems to be stellar.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

ackblom12

« Reply #4 on: 19 Feb 2013, 16:20 »

Yeah, the FF plotline problems really got bad with VII. VI and most of the earlier titles kept it going pretty well, but VII then started in with psuedo philisophical bulllllllllshit.

The grinding is the big one for me nowdays though. I can deal with it in Persona, but Disgaea is just too goddamn much for me nowdays. Used to be I'd eat that shit right up with a goddamn spoon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up