THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 04:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the forums  (Read 2370 times)

jmurf67

• Not quite a lurker

'ello QC people and those who are not completely people.

As an avid reader of QC, I felt the sudden urge to join in the fun here on the forums.

I am a certified old fart from the midwestern US of A. I am a complete and total QC junkie. I discovered QC when one of my WoW guildies said my toon looked like Dora, and acted like Faye. When I said "Who are they?" I was bombarded with scorn and ridicule and force fed comic strips via email until I submitted and read the entire series. In all honesty, I was hooked after the first one.

As a medically retired (disabled) veteran, I have a huge amount of time on my hands now, and QC is the buffer between my addictions to WoW, SWTOR, and Skyrim. I have the books, the plushies, and several of the prints now, all because of he greatness that is Questionable Content.

As an old fart, I have no idea what even half of the little abbreviations are (my kids had to explain LOL, GMTA, and ROFL) so if I don't get the joke, oh well.
I think thats about it for me on this post. Have a super day and will see you in the forums. Now I go and try and figure out an avatar, signature, and funny saying for a post script.  :-D
Red meat will not kill you. Green fuzzy meat will.

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?

Welcome, fellow old fart. You may not be the oldest old fart in the forum.  I too have been learning the cultural references as I go, sometimes with reference to Urban Dictionary, Googling the anime and other references, or concluding I don't need to understand it all. I compare it to a previous binge: The Master and Commander series of novels was so laden with early 1800's nautical jargon it needed a glossary. I purchased it, decided I didn't need to know the position of every sail and line -- neither did Stephen Maturin -- but valued the glossary anyway for other entries. In that series, the geography needed an atlas. I bought one. And it needed a repeat archive binge. I re-read the series, as I have QC 2.5 times.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek

All old farts are welcome here.

Welcome! 
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

This place is even currently looked after by an old fart*!  You should fit in fine.

* The other mods are not old farts, though.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

You'd be surprised at the number of posters here over the age of 45.

Myself currently included.

Welcome, and just remember - NEVER click on any of the links in Pintsize's twitter feed.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?

I did, and it was shocking, shocking! So much for artificial intelligence!

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

If being over 46 makes you an old fart, then I'm there by four years   :-D

Oh, and welcome aboard
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese

What about young farts? I'm getting close to 30 but I think I can consider myself a young fart. Can we welcome farts of all ages? I might be too sleepy for this to be particularly coherent.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

jmurf67

• Not quite a lurker

Its not the years that get you, its the milage. :)
Red meat will not kill you. Green fuzzy meat will.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

Mileage is just  number....

Trust me, it's the maintenance!  ;)
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.
Pages: [1]   Go Up