Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fly'n  (Read 3137 times)

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
Fly'n
« on: 22 Nov 2012, 05:18 »

Just when I thought I'd burned out on all things platforming, this launched out of Steam Greenlight.

I frikkin' adore it. It's exquisite. There's a demo on Steam and standalone. Go play it!

Oh, and if you install the game, it'll ask you to install a few redistributables, and if it asks you to repair or replace, you can just cancel since you obviously already have it installed. And before you start the game, go to the options menu and increase the resolution, because it's really low by default.
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2012, 07:21 by LTK »
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
Re: Fly'n
« Reply #1 on: 23 Nov 2012, 14:13 »

It's now 33% off. Go on then!
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

ackblom12

« Reply #2 on: 23 Nov 2012, 14:24 »

On one hand I love how big the indie developer community has gotten, on the other hand I would never have thought the indie folk would be big enough to milk a genre near to fucking death.

Downloading the demo now.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #3 on: 23 Nov 2012, 15:55 »

It's not as indie as you think it is. Ankama has a bunch of MMORPGs and their mobile adaptations under their belt, but this game is completely new, by a dev team of ten, so it's not middle-managed into oblivion, and it's got a QA department behind it to give it that extra polish. Quite an achievement, if you ask me.

I didn't expect to play another artsy 2D platformer in my life, and then this came along. It has complete disregard for boring things like target demographics, it doesn't give a rat's ass that the genre is oversaturated, and it flawlessly incorporates a multitude of mechanics, every one of which another developer might dedicate an entire game to. And it seems to do it so casually that it's hard to imagine why everyone doesn't make games as good as this.

Oh dear, I'm gushing, aren't I? Terribly sorry, I'll mop it up in just a moment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up