THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 10:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars 7 coming in 2015  (Read 85820 times)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Re: Star Wars 7 coming in 2015
« Reply #150 on: 01 May 2014, 16:56 »

Force Unleashed is still part of the canon sadly enough. I wouldn't really count it as part of the EU, even then it's one of the very, very low points.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #153 on: 04 May 2014, 19:30 »

there's a thread for rebels.  :-D

I watched ep 4 "revisited" today and something stuck out to me.  Remember when the gang beat up those two scanner guys and the two stormtroopers and took their armor to sneak around the death star?  What became of their bodies? :psyduck:

Also highly recommend watching the "revisited" version.  The death star battle scene alone is worth it!
word of caution though, when I first tried to get a hold of it I got a virus and spent 2 hours putting out fires on my machine.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #154 on: 04 May 2014, 19:37 »

Their bodies got tossed in the smuggling compartments and were disposed of later.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #155 on: 04 May 2014, 20:04 »

there's a thread for rebels.  :-D

I thought there was, but for some reason I posted it here instead

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #156 on: 05 May 2014, 12:51 »

Their bodies got tossed in the smuggling compartments and were disposed of later.

Airlocks are fun.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

doombilly

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #157 on: 05 May 2014, 15:13 »

tldr, who's playing Jar Jar?
/snark

Seriously watching the first movie in the theater was the best part of being 12.  Glad I never grew up.
illicitizen.bandcamp.com
last.fm/user/doombilly

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #158 on: 05 May 2014, 16:48 »

...you too?

First movie I ever sat through in its entirety.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #159 on: 06 May 2014, 00:07 »

James The Kugai 

LeeC

• Nearly grown up

doombilly

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #161 on: 08 May 2014, 16:09 »

tldr, who's playing Jar Jar?

Jar Jar's dead

He could have been somewhere else when the planet blowed up.
illicitizen.bandcamp.com
last.fm/user/doombilly

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #162 on: 10 May 2014, 16:34 »

Did you watch the Vid to the end?
James The Kugai 

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #163 on: 11 May 2014, 06:20 »

So I have secured the EU stuff I wanted, namely Zahn's Thrawn series, both in the paperback AND in Darkhorse's omnibus of the comic (the entire trilogy's comic format in one massive hardbound book, and thanks to a chance encounter at a con the other year, my copy's autographed.

The rest of the EU stuff I wanted are the Stackpole/Alison Rogue Squadron books which I already had, along with I, Jedi, Dark Saber and The Courtship of Princess Leia, which introduces one of my favorite settings on the Star Wars universe, Dathomir.

Been rereading the Rogue Squadron books a lot. It kinda kills me that these characters aren't quite as real any more... especially Wedge and the crew, perhaps even more so then Han, Luke and Leia these were some of my favorite heroes growing up...

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #164 on: 13 May 2014, 10:09 »

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #165 on: 13 May 2014, 10:59 »

The word 'special' being removed really would've made that much funnier.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Lupercal

• Bling blang blong blung
  • In conception since 1991
« Reply #166 on: 15 May 2014, 15:43 »

HUGE STAR WARS NEWS

Denis Lawson turns down reprisal of Wedge, says "that would be fucking boring as hell, thanks for the cameo opportunity".

Now, all these years on, he finally realises he really can't do any good back there.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #167 on: 15 May 2014, 16:50 »

well he also did try to convince his nephew Ewan Mcgregor to not do the prequels 'cause he didnt like Georgey.  Even with Georgey's hands off the project he probably still feels jilted by the franchise.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #168 on: 15 May 2014, 20:14 »

Which sucks because Wedge is the best character ever.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #169 on: 16 May 2014, 01:24 »

I haven't seen these films for a long time but who the fuck is Wedge?

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #170 on: 16 May 2014, 03:27 »

Someone who didn't get a ton of screen time, but survived the Battle of Yavin and killed the second Death Star at Endor, all while being an average joe.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #171 on: 16 May 2014, 06:23 »

Also one of Luke's friends, mentioned near the start of Episode 4.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #172 on: 16 May 2014, 07:44 »

nah that was Biggs

Wedge isn't from Tatooine, he's from Corellia.  On top of that he was the one who thought the target being 2 meters wide was impossible to target even for a computer. And was one of the survivors of the death star attack, getting damaged and pulling out.

then he flew snow speeders with luke in tESB

then lead the attach on deathstar 2.  Him and Lando blew out the reactor.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #173 on: 16 May 2014, 10:24 »

Wedge is still one of Luke's friends.

Wedge ABE

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #174 on: 16 May 2014, 10:25 »

I haven't watched this films in forever, but I never noticed any of the X-wing pilots were recurring characters.

Now that I am aware, I care so little I wish I hadn't asked.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #175 on: 16 May 2014, 12:07 »

Wedge is still one of Luke's friends.
Oh I know, my disagreement was about who was mentioned at the beginning of episode 4.  :-D

Lupercal

« Reply #176 on: 18 May 2014, 13:08 »

I haven't watched this films in forever, but I never noticed any of the X-wing pilots were recurring characters.

Now that I am aware, I care so little I wish I hadn't asked.

I care.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #177 on: 18 May 2014, 13:27 »

Okay?

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #178 on: 18 May 2014, 19:52 »

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #179 on: 19 May 2014, 14:46 »

Band of Stormtroopers?
James The Kugai 

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #180 on: 20 May 2014, 14:06 »

Quoted in full to avoid a Hasbro/Disney take down notice.

Remember how Disney wanted to release a new Star Wars movie every year? According to this list of upcoming Star Wars toylines from Hasbro, they figured out what these movies will be through 2020, and the newest addition is one titled Red Five.

This list reportedly comes from a Hasbro toy event and published by StarWars-Union.de, who Hasbro later asked to take it down, so grain of salt and all.

• 2014: Rebels

• 2015: Episode VII

• 2016: Boba Fett

• 2017: Episode VIII

• 2018: Solo

• 2019: Episode IX

• 2020: Red Five

We've heard plenty of rumors that Disney was planning on making stand-alone Boba Fett and young Han Solo films, so that jibes. But what is Red Five? Could it be about the further X-Wing adventures of Luke Skywalker? Is it just a Disney shareholder-friendly name for a Rogue Squadron-type film? And if Disney's cartoon Rebels makes this list, could Red Five actually be another animated series?

I'm genuinely asking. Because really, Disney could do pretty much anything at this point and I wouldn't be that surprised.

So... Red Five... Rogue Squadron movie? <3

Also who the FUCK has the ability to play a young Han Solo? Answer: No one I can think of.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #181 on: 20 May 2014, 14:14 »

here's an idea.  Rebels TV show leads into Boba Fett Tv show when it ends, then to Solo in the same format, culminating to Red 5.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #182 on: 20 May 2014, 14:34 »

Those are movies though bro

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #183 on: 20 May 2014, 15:18 »

Rebels isn't a movie, its a TV show.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #184 on: 20 May 2014, 16:52 »

*shrug* just going with what the guy who snagged this list from hasbro reported mange.

http://imgur.com/a/rNPff?gallery

Lupercal

« Reply #185 on: 20 May 2014, 23:33 »

Okay?

I'm guessing by the fact you haven't watched A New Hope in a while that you didn't get the reference...

I need to work on this.

Anyways, young Han Solo? Hmm. Nathan Fillion is the closest I can think of, but he's pretty much the same age Harrison was when he did Return of the Jedi.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #187 on: 21 May 2014, 11:48 »

....If I was in star wars, even a tiny part in the background, and I could pick myself out in the crowd while watching the movie...I...I don't know....  :-o

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #189 on: 02 Jun 2014, 10:51 »

My reaction to the shots so far has been 'ugh.. Don't tell me they are going back to Tattoine AGAIN'. Seriously, for such a back water little planet (supposedly), it has seen an awful lot of action in the movies. I'm glad they are sticking with a lot of physical effects though.

The bonus news that Lupita Nyong'o has been added to the cast pleases me though. I wonder if it lends and credence to the rumor I reported last page, that she was cast to play Asajj Ventress...

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #190 on: 02 Jun 2014, 11:42 »

I doubt it, but honestly I'd like for us to move away from the old and get brand new characters.  Having the original Cast there to pass the torch is a good idea but lets actually expand the universe now that we don't have to neatly tie everything together to match up with the originals like they had to for the PT.  It gives more room for creativity.  Maybe seeing Luke go out in the first movie the way Obi or Yoda did.

I think thats why I am hopeful for the Star Wars: Rebels TV show.  No familiar faces.  :-D

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #191 on: 02 Jun 2014, 12:15 »

Yeah, I doubt she's going to wind up playing Asajj.. but I can dream. As it was pointed out though, if she survived that long, Asajj would be in her 80s probably during the time of Episode 7. So it wouldn't make a lot of sense to cast a 20 something actress to play the role. Unless that was a very active and agile grandmother. That, and I could just imagine the pointless furor if they took a prominent actress of color and literally painted her white for a role.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #193 on: 04 Jun 2014, 11:42 »

[tweet]474206241603198976[/tweet]

Lupercal

« Reply #194 on: 12 Jun 2014, 04:12 »

Gideon, please get the fuck away from my Star Wars.

[tweet]476472632125444096[/tweet]

VOMIT, VOMIT EVERYWHERE

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #195 on: 12 Jun 2014, 05:15 »

Man with that haircut and outfit he looks like a candidate for the next Doctor.

Lupercal

« Reply #196 on: 14 Jun 2014, 01:32 »

I suppose it's fitting, a garishly evil, dark man masquerading as a chancellor...

Lupercal

« Reply #197 on: 26 Jun 2014, 12:11 »

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

Just read that Rian Johnson has been put in the chair to write and direct episodes 8 & 9. Yep, the same guy who directed Looper and three of the greatest episodes of Breaking Bad (Ozymandias, Fifty-One, Fly) is getting in on Star Wars. I have hope. And it should hopefully quiet the anti-Abrams mob, but that will entirely depend on E7's success or failure.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #198 on: 22 Jul 2014, 12:09 »

Just gonna place this here.

Lupercal

« Reply #199 on: 22 Jul 2014, 16:44 »

Ha. I would love to hear Terrance Stamp say "...well holy crap you guys!".

The more I think about Episode 1, the more I think it would've been better to have Anakin as a teenager, possibly even as old as he was in Episode II. It just makes more sense - how much of Episode 1 reflects on the original trilogy?

Anyway, this was brought to my attention today. Originally thought the ship was a Z-95. Official Star Wars Twitter account says its an Episode VII X-Wing. COOL.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up