THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 11:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: So Facebook  (Read 11834 times)

Barmymoo

• Mentat
Re: So Facebook
« Reply #50 on: 06 Nov 2012, 07:37 »

I believe it is not unheard of for men to begin to lactate under similar circumstances. Unusual, but not unheard of.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #51 on: 06 Nov 2012, 07:39 »

... it was unheard of by me and I'd have happily stayed in that state.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #52 on: 06 Nov 2012, 07:47 »

I had heard of that. 

Moobs rule!
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #53 on: 06 Nov 2012, 08:01 »

... it was unheard of by me and I'd have happily stayed in that state.
For a moment I thought you meant 'a state of being non-lactating' by that.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #54 on: 06 Nov 2012, 08:34 »

I'm sure he would be happy to stay in that state as well.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #55 on: 06 Nov 2012, 08:36 »

Hell yeah!
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Zingoleb

« Reply #56 on: 06 Nov 2012, 08:38 »

I already knew all this.

it's now starting to dawn on me how kinky my sex life has been...
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2012, 09:29 by Zingoleb »

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #57 on: 06 Nov 2012, 08:51 »

Yeah I feel pretty dirty/kinky when friends come to me with questions on this stuff... but I always have answers for them...
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #58 on: 06 Nov 2012, 09:33 »

I knew this also just as trivia. My sex life is very vanilla.

ackblom12

« Reply #59 on: 06 Nov 2012, 09:36 »

I always find it adorable when someone gets fuzzy handcuffs cause they think they're kinky.

Or for that matter when they don't realize anything ever is a thing. Also adorable.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #60 on: 06 Nov 2012, 09:39 »

Totes adorbs

Zingoleb

« Reply #61 on: 06 Nov 2012, 09:41 »

Kink is just such a casual part of my life. I feel incredibly vanilla compared to a lot of the people I know (who are all CSPC folks), but that's kind of a slanted comparison.

edit: oh my god the word 'adorbs' is totally adorable in and of itself. it looks like it's trying to give a hug. I love this word so much. The colour scheme is so kindergarten.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #62 on: 06 Nov 2012, 10:48 »

I was trying to answer to ackblom's post by putting some pink handcuffs on the "Watch Out We've Got A Badass Over Here" picture but then i realized I'm on a mac and I don't have MS Paint. Ya'll just going to have to imagine it.  :oops:

ackblom12

« Reply #63 on: 06 Nov 2012, 10:50 »

I'm giggling pretty hard at the thought of it.
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2012, 11:07 by ackblom12 »

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #64 on: 06 Nov 2012, 11:00 »

They did all the positions - on top, doggy and normal.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

ackblom12

« Reply #65 on: 06 Nov 2012, 11:09 »

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #66 on: 06 Nov 2012, 11:21 »

I knew this also just as trivia. My sex life is very vanilla.

Ditto. You don't have to be kinky in order to know weird stuff.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #67 on: 06 Nov 2012, 11:28 »

I was trying to answer to ackblom's post by putting some pink handcuffs on the "Watch Out We've Got A Badass Over Here" picture but then i realized I'm on a mac and I don't have MS Paint. Ya'll just going to have to imagine it.  :oops:

Crappy five minute Photoshop for you.

Garth Marenghi

Also fuck yeah, Garth Marenghi!

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #68 on: 06 Nov 2012, 14:15 »

Dear Welu,

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #69 on: 06 Nov 2012, 15:34 »

See Welu, now I definitely know you're fucking awesome. Re: the other thread.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #70 on: 06 Nov 2012, 16:17 »

My name is Awesome, and you're lying
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #71 on: 06 Nov 2012, 19:02 »

It's a common enough name. 

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #72 on: 07 Nov 2012, 04:21 »

I'm not Lying. I'm Hungry.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #73 on: 07 Nov 2012, 10:44 »

You're hungary? 

I'm neither buda (though I look like him) nor a pest (though I act like one). 

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #74 on: 07 Nov 2012, 11:07 »

When I was young if I would whine that I was hungry, my father would tell me he was Czechoslovakia. 
When that ceased to be a place when I was 9 I would get him back. "You can't be... you have to be Slovakia or the Czech Republic...."
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #75 on: 07 Nov 2012, 14:29 »

I'm neither buda (though I look like him)
Ah, but which one? I suspect you're thinking of Budai:-D
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #76 on: 07 Nov 2012, 20:57 »

Yes, indeed.  I always wondered about the different representations of Buddha, never realizing until reading that article that I was conflating more than one deity/person! 

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #77 on: 07 Nov 2012, 23:03 »

Exactly. Buddha is a title, reflecting a state or condition of enlightenment, not an individual. There have been throughout history, and will be in the future, many Buddhas. Your confusion is very common, and entirely understandable. Buddhists very often informally use "Buddha" without qualification to refer to Siddhartha Gautama, the founder of Buddhism, as if that were his name. In English it better to refer to him with the definite article as the Buddha, or as the Lord Buddha.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #78 on: 08 Nov 2012, 05:58 »

I changed my FB name back to my actual name. But then I saw it, felt weird, and changed it back to my much more fun name. The only reason I considered changing it is because people keep spelling my name Lindsay because I have "Lindsasaurus" up. Yes, this includes people I've known since primary school. I guess I'll have to deal with it, because it honest to god made me really uncomfortable seeing my name on my page. Dunno why, but it did.

Asterus

• FIGHT YOU
  • I'm not crazy, I'm just a little Unwell :P
« Reply #79 on: 08 Nov 2012, 13:44 »

I'd have to say though, Facebook's not really such a big deal to me. I "use" it, but more as a way to project thoughts out indiscriminately to people I know. I'm not going to say anything I wouldn't say anyway, and I often get responses from people I wouldn't expect to hear from.
I understand the way some people view it as openly expressing something where an unknown amount of people can find it, but honestly that's the appeal of it to me. Of course, that may be because I'm sort of a hikkikomori (read: Shut-in), and being able to just easily slip into a conversation without needless hassle is a relief.
From time to time you must concede, the need to sit down and have a good read:
http://hypocriticalparadox.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjonUt21G0HBaFsHPupFwxw
Those with Vas Deferens should show vast deference to those without.

LoveDuckie

• Not quite a lurker
    • Luc Shelton Portfolio
« Reply #80 on: 13 Nov 2012, 02:06 »

I'm pretty much done with Facebook, the only reason I still use it is because of the Avengers game on there and my sister is posting photos up while she's in the States. The rest is just drivel and to be honest, most of my friends, I already talk to on a regular basis anyway, and the ones I can't see? I chat with messengers.

Facebook was a novelty and interesting to begin with, but now people are moving on to the likes of Tumblr and now you have the likes of these "heterophobia awareness month" being left behind. It's tedious, boring and marks the end of the site.

My problem with facebook is more that there is utter garbage being posted on there by people that I don't even care about that much.

Aside from that, I only stick around on there because of my peers on my degree. There's a facebook group on there that I post in there a lot :<

Otherwise I am not a fan of that website anymore.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #81 on: 13 Nov 2012, 05:43 »

I further filtered my friends list. I decided about those people who I thought would whine if I deleted them, screw them. I also finally made use of groups so most of my posts only go to my online friends any way.

Also I hate Facebook event invites. Send me a PM or a text if you have my number. I have used the event thing, privately, to invite friends to big parties. Mainly just so they have a reference of where/when but I message and text the people personally too to work out kinks and so they can say to me, "Oh, I'll be working to 8pm so I'll come but be late." without having to say it to everyone else invited.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
  • Professional Beep Booper
« Reply #82 on: 15 Nov 2012, 05:58 »

There's prominent female tea party members who doesn't think women should vote, so it's not impossible that there's white dudes that hates whites.

Clayton Bigsby. XD

I deleted my Facebook account years ago, and I steadfastly resist ALL attempts of people trying to get me back on Facebook.

I deleted mine, but eventually made a new one with stricter privacy standards.

If I found that my employer was looking at my Facebook (not that there's much there), I would walk out.  I understand that this option is not practical for many people.

I think that if you put embarrassing things on facebook and makes them public, you're asking for trouble, especially if you're a representative of your company.

If your supervisor is a facebook friend, however, (NOT RECOMMENDED - WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT) they shouldn't bitch and whine about what you put up that isn't public.

If a prospective employer asks for your facebook password, then you're better off not working for them...if they honestly think that it's not an invasion of privacy, imagine what life will be like with them glancing over your shoulder, reading every email you send...Big Brother is watching you, and you let him.
Worry Hat, Engage!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #83 on: 15 Nov 2012, 09:40 »

I don't think they'd ask for your password. Honestly, if they wanted to know, they could just have someone hack into it. Which is a whole other can of worms, but at least they wouldn't be stupid enough to let you know they're going to look.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
  • Professional Beep Booper
« Reply #84 on: 15 Nov 2012, 19:48 »

Unfortunately, some companies do. They don't have the resources or the balls to have someone hack it, but if they're really uptight about your personal goings-on, they do ask for your password.

To be honest, very few companies do it...but those who have, have been met with a lot of social backlash.

Informative article on the practice (Forbes)

Questioning legality of asking for FB password (NY Times) This is why I voted for Blumenthal...he's been crusading against this kind of shenanigans ever since he was the CT Attorney General.

Worry Hat, Engage!

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #85 on: 16 Nov 2012, 05:35 »

So my niece, who I haven't seen since she was little, added me on facebook. Not inherently a problem but... she's ELEVEN YEARS OLD. She lied on her FB page, which says that she's 17 and is a manager at a mall store. I was actually super confused at first because I recognized the name, but not the age/job.

She's friends with both of her parents on FB. They have been added to her page. What I'm truly not understanding is why anyone would let her do this?!

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #86 on: 16 Nov 2012, 05:44 »

...and why would any store in a mall let a 17 year old manage it?  I mean, if she's gonna lie, shouldn't it be plausible? 

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #87 on: 16 Nov 2012, 06:00 »

She may not have thought that through. I remember being a similar age and lying in a chatroom saying I was in university and studying "loads of different stuff" because at the time I didn't know how university worked.

I think I got my cousin deleted off of Bebo (ha, Bebo) when they were underage for it a few years ago. I guess it's harmless enough as long the parents know and the child is taught how to be safe online, not give out details and such. Probably would be better for her to not be on it though just for safe-rather-than-sorry. You'd assume she'd be adding her friends of her own age who must have also lied to be allowed on Facebook.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #88 on: 16 Nov 2012, 06:22 »

Yeah I'm sure she's not old enough to have any details on when you can be a manager somewhere. She also has high school and college listed. But she has a ton of friends. And I haven't seen her mother since she married my brother... they were divorced soon after. You'd think that if a parent were paying any attention, they'd want to be careful of who she adds, and maybe make sure they don't do things like post NSFW stuff as I often do.

Needless to say I will be making a list for her and other family members to keep them from seeing a majority of what I post.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #89 on: 16 Nov 2012, 15:01 »

I don't know whether you'd feel justified/warranted in doing it but there's an option to report facebook accounts of underage kids. I am friends with a couple of girls who I know are only 12 (or were when I added them anyway - kids from my parish choir) and I did consider it, but I decided on balance that I'd rather just keep an eye on their profile and they'd turn 13 soon anyway.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #90 on: 16 Nov 2012, 15:40 »

I don't know that it would do anything, unfortunately. If her parents are okay with her having it, then they will just find another way for her to make one. I definitely considered it though!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up