THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 06:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Double Fine's Amnesia Fortnight  (Read 3888 times)

ackblom12

Double Fine's Amnesia Fortnight
« on: 19 Nov 2012, 22:30 »

Just when I thought I couldn't love these guys any more than I already do.

ackblom12

Re: Double Fine's Amnesia Fortnight
« Reply #1 on: 01 Feb 2013, 22:16 »

You guys should definitely get in on this. Double Fine is selling their prototypes from Amnesia Fortnight at their website. You can get Steam/DRM Free codes for $10, or a physical boxed set and signed variations for various prices. Personally, I'm most excited for Space Station DF-9, which is basically a sci-fi Dwarf Fortress.

http://www.doublefine.com/fortnight/

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #2 on: 01 Feb 2013, 23:32 »

I'm always happy to give Double Fine my money; they and their people have built up a lot of credit with me through the years.

I even like Brutal Legend, even though it is so *not* the game the demo makes it out to be.

ackblom12

« Reply #3 on: 01 Feb 2013, 23:46 »

Double Fine is probably my 3rd favorite developer studio ever. Valve and Obsidian are the only ones that can top them for me. They're just so... I want to drink and make stupid jokes and have them talk game design to me while I try not to gush fan juices all over them.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #4 on: 02 Feb 2013, 01:07 »

I know, right? I can still remember how Grim Fandango made me feel, as well as much of it itself. Actually in the interest of full disclosure sometimes I still, if walking away from a job that's sort-of done, say "Good enough for government work", in a bad attempt at the Elevator-Operator's voice. :3

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #5 on: 02 Feb 2013, 01:16 »

Oh god I just watched that video.

Damnit I am stuffing money into my DVD-drive, WHERE ARE ALL THESE DELICIOUS GAME IDEAS

Seriously though I want wayyyy too many of the ones they talked about. Silent But Deadly, the movie monster one, the starbase thing, Critterverse, The Knock Over or whatever it is...hell I even want the damned moonshine racing one.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #6 on: 11 Apr 2013, 11:56 »

I would love to work at Double Fine, just to be able to watch Tim Schafer... be. He just seems like such an amazing human being.
Pages: [1]   Go Up