THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Should really have been PMs, I guess thread  (Read 3482 times)

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

Wait, hodges, whereabouts do you live?
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2012, 12:14 by pwhodges »
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Re: The
« Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2012, 16:19 »

Eh??

Oxford, UK, it says in my profile, so I guess that's where.

Headington, to narrow it down.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2012, 16:29 »

Holy fuckballs, you and I are suspiciously close to each other.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #3 on: 23 Nov 2012, 00:27 »

Next you'll tell me that you're the guy I occasionally see in the Green Building aka ORCRB (where I work) wearing a bearmonster hoody...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #4 on: 23 Nov 2012, 08:55 »

Nope. I live in Abingdon. I may have sexually harassed you in a shopping centre, though.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #5 on: 23 Nov 2012, 09:24 »

Heh.  My first wife came from Abingdon, so I knew it well (also a bit from my childhood, like mid 1950s; there's a story involving being lost and a friendly policeman); even lived there for a couple of years around 1980.  That matrimonial connection ended in about 1990, but I still go there occasionally (went to a craft market a few weeks ago, and today am wearing a jumper bought at the same market last year).  I still have it filed in my brain as "Abingdon, Berks", and rejoice in the fact that it had the last surviving manual telephone exchange in England (in use until 1975).  Oh, and I remember using the train station, on a branch line from Radley (closed to regular traffic in 1963, but not removed until 1984).
Pages: [1]   Go Up