THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 05:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: QC Craft Circle  (Read 16423 times)

JanelleBelle

• Not quite a lurker
Re: QC Craft Circle
« Reply #50 on: 15 Jun 2014, 20:30 »

I'm a knitter and cross stitcher!  I will have to post some pics of projects when I have the time.
Ask me about my pronouns! :)

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #51 on: 25 Jul 2014, 05:17 »

I was thinking about my values and behaviours today as part of the developing emotional resiliency course I'm taking, and realised that although I enjoy crafty, creative hobbies like knitting, colouring and playing music, I almost never do them. I thought about it and it's because I spend almost all my time on the computer and the creative pursuits aren't as visible. So I've set up an internet block after four hours online (I have a daily habit of two hours academic study, which usually requires internet access, so that gives me two hours of online leisure time) and I just went to the local charity furniture shop and bought the perfect creativity table! It's the right size - compact but large enough to use for colouring or putting patterns on, and underneath are two deep compartments where I can store my knitting, my colouring book, sheet music and whatever else I want to work on. It'll be tidy but in view, and I have a dedicated workspace.

I am so excited about this, it's awesome what ideas spark when you sit down and really think about what you want out of life and why you're not achieving it.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #52 on: 25 Jul 2014, 14:29 »

It's great having a spot where everything is visible and in easy reach because it really does remind you to get creative.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up