THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Witty Title? BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS  (Read 7557 times)

Just4imagemails

• Not quite a lurker
  • All the ponies. ALL OF THEM.
Witty Title? BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
« on: 10 Dec 2012, 15:12 »

Haha, Pintsize is such an excellent source of comic relief, especially in the last panel of a strip.

So... yeah, I'm new here. What now?

I actually went through each and every strip start to end, AND READ ALL THE NEWSPOSTS OF COURSE (and was somewhat startled by some points where a link, or bolding, or italicization didn't end when it was supposed to, and also by the abundance of typos) and noticed that the changes in drawing are a lot more subtle when you go from start to end one at a time rather than just looking at the beginning and end. It's like the entire strip has grown on me like a benign tumor, but oh well.

I guess my question is if the people here share any/all of my OTHER eclectic tastes. So I guess I'll list a bunch of em here and if you see something in common, HOORAY! Maybe we can become friends or quasi-friends or friendquaintances.

1. QC (obviously)
2. Homestuck
3. Avatar: The Last Airbender and Avatar: The Legend of Korra
4. MLP:FiM (If you don't know the abbreviation, no problem...)
5. Writing fanfics for http://fimfiction.net ( I revel in the anonymity.)
6. League of Legends (Sometimes I like playing bot games... because you pretty much can't lose. Ranked games make me nervous, though. Level 30 of course. )
7. Used to play RuneScape and WoW, but parents stopped paying for my subscription haha.
8. Minecraft (Never ultra hardcore though... I die due to simple mistakes far too often. )
9. RPing as Doc Scratch (docScratch) on Pesterchum (But some other dude has been hogging it for a while.)
10. Thinking to myself about thoughts and how I should spend my time doing something other than what I'm doing.
11. Large fan of XKCD.com (Actually, that's what brought me to QC... that an TVtropes, that is. )
12. Feeling smart through random Wikipedia trawling. (Is that a correct use of the word trawling? )
13. Being a pompous grammar Nazi ( Purveyors of typos and such, beware )

Hm. I guess my tastes really aren't all that eclectic. Oh, here's an idea! When you reply, how about you include a number for how many of my likes you share? If you score an honest perfect 13, I think I'll have found my long-lost exiled twin.

So... yeah, that's about it.

Fluttershy loves you all!

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?
Re: Witty Title? BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2012, 16:53 »

Welcome!
2, in answer to your question, but from my reading of the forum and members, I think you'll find all 13, if not in one person. I'm a retired newspaper reporter and editor, and I suppose capable of being a grammar nazi. But there are a lot of good people here, and you'll often see misspellings, even among people who write very well. If anyone calls attention to them, it's to laugh, not criticize.

Just4imagemails

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #2 on: 10 Dec 2012, 17:03 »

Hm, perhaps a responder... replier... person who replies, should also include WHICH numbers correspond to them. I figure that could be a bit more useful.

Also, what's the most common thing to do once someone first joins, and what's the least common thing to do?

Redball

• What's disease? Where?
« Reply #3 on: 10 Dec 2012, 17:09 »

I figured that 2 was so small it wasn't worth detailing.
QC and XKCD.

Just4imagemails

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2012, 17:21 »

Ah, well then, perhaps you could at least explain some of the more incomprehensible jargonistic comic posts. Who knows! I don't. I know relatively little.

riccostar

• FIGHT YOU
  • Goddamned stoner cat.
« Reply #5 on: 10 Dec 2012, 17:54 »

1, 7, 10, 11!

Welcome
if it's probable that you're going to "die trying"
you might want to rethink your plan...

Redball

• What's disease? Where?
« Reply #6 on: 10 Dec 2012, 18:17 »

Ah, well then, perhaps you could at least explain some of the more incomprehensible jargonistic comic posts. Who knows! I don't. I know relatively little.
I need a f'rinstance.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
  • Professional Beep Booper
« Reply #7 on: 10 Dec 2012, 18:58 »

1. QC (obviously)
4. MLP:FiM (If you don't know the abbreviation, no problem...)
10. Thinking to myself about thoughts and how I should spend my time doing something other than what I'm doing.
11. Large fan of XKCD.com (Actually, that's what brought me to QC... that an TVtropes, that is. )
12. Feeling smart through random Wikipedia trawling. (Is that a correct use of the word trawling? )
13. Being a pompous grammar Nazi ( Purveyors of typos and such, beware )

Seven out of thirteen. Better than I thought.

Also, welcome. I think you'll fit right in...just hide your lug wrench. ^_^
Worry Hat, Engage!

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #8 on: 10 Dec 2012, 19:38 »

1 (Why are any of us even mentioning this one?  Can we just take it as read?)
3 (through my daughters)
10 (but who doesn't?)
11 (I'm a math guy)

Used to do 13 more, but lately, with my keyboard falling apart, I'm more prone to typos than almost anything else.  I've learned to let it slide....
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 10 Dec 2012, 20:37 »

*Waves hello*
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Just4imagemails

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #10 on: 10 Dec 2012, 20:39 »

Woo! Look at all them replies.

Okay, I know 1 is kind of a given, haha. Well, it's absolutely a given. But it still means no one can get a 0! So... idk. So, so far the high score is 7. I think this is fairly impressive.

Redball, what's a f'rinstance?

Bluesummers. What do you think of the latest episode? Do you watch the series often (mlp, that is.) If not, there's a very useful site for catching up.... http://mlp-fim.com !

Riccostar: Thank you for the welcome!

Carl-E: Why haven't you had your keyboard fixed or replaced, then? Is it simply not a priority? I guess it's not a priority. Guess that's okay though.

Kugai: *waves hello back* Well, hello there! I have no idea what Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai is, but it seems interesting to say the least!

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 10 Dec 2012, 20:47 »

It's simple

I'm crazy, from New Zealand and I like Shoujo-Ai/Yuri   *Bows Courtly Style*
James The Kugai 

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #12 on: 10 Dec 2012, 20:54 »

Carl-E: Why haven't you had your keyboard fixed or replaced, then? Is it simply not a priority? I guess it's not a priority. Guess that's okay though.

My laptop died in September.  I'm working off a friend's loaner.  Sticky A, and the F and V are missing (finger contact works, but you need to press hard) Also, no five or six (or percent or carat).  The keys are there, they're just dead. 

And I'm unemployed with insane expenses.  A friend has hinted that there may be a used laptop under the tree in a couple of weeks. 

Just4imagemails

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #13 on: 10 Dec 2012, 21:04 »

Kugai:
*Returns with a bow and a flourish* I... see. So... any good anime out there which you have watched lately, which you would recommend to others? Also, what are your favorite and least favorite facts in regards to living in New Zealand? What's the best and the worst of your country, in your opinion?

Carl-E:
Ah, Christmas should always be something to look forward to. Have you got some sort of family party to look forward to, or just a way to spend time with the family or friends in general? Hm... Other than that, I just hope that we can find enough happiness amongst us to keep us all from sadness!

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #14 on: 10 Dec 2012, 21:25 »

Bluesummers. What do you think of the latest episode? Do you watch the series often (mlp, that is.) If not, there's a very useful site for catching up.... http://mlp-fim.com !

You...have unearthed a GOLD MINE, my friend. O___O Arigatou.....

And yes, expect the replies. We actually kinda all live here...we never leave.
Worry Hat, Engage!

Just4imagemails

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #15 on: 10 Dec 2012, 21:31 »

Arigatou.....

De nada   :mrgreen:

But really, you're quite welcome. Also, there are some pretty awesome pieces of fanfiction... some of which are really well-written and introspective and philosophical and all that good stuff, over at http://fimfiction.net . Just, lots of really cool stuff there if you're willing to look for it and possibly sift through the subpar wordvomit.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #16 on: 10 Dec 2012, 22:22 »

Welcome!

I guess my question is if the people here share any/all of my OTHER eclectic tastes. So I guess I'll list a bunch of em here and if you see something in common, HOORAY!

You will find almost all of your list in the forum (maybe no fan-fiction to speak of; with respect to QC specifically, it would almost certainly break the strong forum rule against shipping).  But it is more community-minded for you to browse the forum and lurk a bit to see what's going on than to expect people to come and interest you in the first instance.

13. Being a pompous grammar Nazi (Purveyors of typos and such, beware)

We have writers and academics here already.  But we also have people from different countries around the globe and with different native languages - and a strongly policed rule about being civil.  You may find that charging in and trying to impose your own standards of grammar doesn't go down as well as you might like.  If a discussion of variations in usage and vocabulary in different countries (and times, as the age range of users here covers nearly 60 years) interests you, then you can find it popping up almost anywhere.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Redball

• What's disease? Where?
« Reply #17 on: 11 Dec 2012, 05:15 »

Give us an example.

dr. nervioso

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • No more Mr. Nice Bitch
« Reply #18 on: 11 Dec 2012, 07:40 »

1. QC (obviously)
7. Used to play RuneScape and WoW, but parents stopped paying for my subscription haha.

5! Would you look at that!
#10 is something I am doing increasingly often since I got into college

Welcome to the forums!
this forum is slowly decomposing into butts and kitties

Gnomes2169

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Stupid squirrels...
« Reply #19 on: 11 Dec 2012, 10:39 »

And yes, expect the replies. We actually kinda all live here...we never leave.

This is, sadly enough, completely true.

Hmmm... 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 11, 13. That's a 7/13 captain.
Leader of the gardening revolution. Viva la Gnomes!

Winter is coming. Let the Game of Thrones begin.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #20 on: 11 Dec 2012, 11:26 »

1. 4. To a degree, I watch it occasionally. Life gets in the way, y'know?
6. Sometimes I play MOBA games, but my 'net connection is a bit dodgy.
7. EVE, sometimes.
8. There's a server around here somewhere...
10. 11. 12. 13. Ever heard of Muphry's [sic] Law?
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Just4imagemails

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #21 on: 11 Dec 2012, 13:34 »

pwhodges: Understood, mein general! I shall not allow myself to become such an angry and stuck-up bastard so as to correct each and every single minor error in grammar which I spot, especially because it would be an effort in futility. Also, lurking sounds fun! Do you often lurk?

Redball: http://xkcd.com/563/ ... Fermirotica... ???

dr. nervioso: What would be your greatest piece of advice to a person just about to enter college like myself?

Gnomes2169: I'm glad to be a Captain. You must be Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

Pilchard123: There should be a thread about how much bad internet connections and intolerable lag has affected our lives.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #22 on: 11 Dec 2012, 14:07 »

Do you often lurk?

I lurk all the time.  You cannot escape me!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

dr. nervioso

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • No more Mr. Nice Bitch
« Reply #23 on: 11 Dec 2012, 15:02 »

Do not fall into the mindset that college will fix everything. College is great, but it doesn't make you a better person, only you can do that. Sure college reveals your flaws, but you're going to have to work on those flaws. Don't reject them, but don't let them take over your life. True beauty isn't flawlessness, it's taking a flaw and making it beautiful.
Not everyone will like you, that's okay. Not everyone needs to like you. but they should respect you. Stand up and represent what you believe in.
Don't do any sorts of drugs for a crush (alcohol, smoking, etc.) Do it because it's what you want. And make sure you know what your getting into when you do drink/smoke/other drugs.
It's okay to have a central group of friends, but do not be afraid to say "not tonight" to do schoolwork or hang out and explore other social avenues. College is primarily and most importantly academic. But it is also about exploring yourself and society
Speaking of exploring, SEX. If you are still a virgin, don't sweat it. It'll come in time (Or rather, you'll come in time ;D ). But even so, be open sexually, try some stuff. Get kinky. And you might find that you have some attraction to the same sex, Explore it and embrace it. Know that sexuality is a spectrum and it doesn't have to define your personality. Also guy on guy/girl on girl is pretty sexy
Along with that, be responsible with your body, don't get and STD or babies. If you are sexually active, get tested and know your status. Know your partner's status too, and if they don't tell you, chop off their genitalia with a pair of garden clippers[/b]

Wow that was a lot. And now I'm starting to tear up. (That'll happen in college too)

Well if you need any help, feel free to PM me and in CHATTER there is a university thread buried not too far down in there. In fact there are quite a few threads in there where you can go seek advice from us forumfolk

Redball

• What's disease? Where?
« Reply #24 on: 11 Dec 2012, 17:17 »

Well if you need any help, feel free to PM me and in CHATTER there is a university thread buried not too far down in there. In fact there are quite a few threads in there where you can go seek advice from us forumfolk
Hey! You do good work, tears included.

dr. nervioso

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • No more Mr. Nice Bitch
« Reply #25 on: 11 Dec 2012, 17:46 »

Beyond my glittery exterior, there are butts and kitties. Beyond that is layer of sass and attitude. And beyond that, at my very core...

There are RAINBOWS

Gnomes2169

• Stupid squirrels...
« Reply #26 on: 11 Dec 2012, 18:16 »

Gnomes2169: I'm glad to be a Captain. You must be Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

Actually, I'm a hobo named Bob. Hi~!

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #27 on: 11 Dec 2012, 20:45 »

Kugai:
*Returns with a bow and a flourish* I... see. So... any good anime out there which you have watched lately, which you would recommend to others? Also, what are your favorite and least favorite facts in regards to living in New Zealand? What's the best and the worst of your country, in your opinion?

Hmmmm

I have a fondness for Strawberry Panic and Bubblegum Crises2040.  I also like like Gasaraki and Noir.   Azumanga Daioh looks cool as well.  Big BIG fan of Torres/Seven and/or Torres/Janeway fic - along with some other Star Trek F/F pairings.

Good points?

We're the real Middle Earth.   :-D

Bad Points?

Politicians.
James The Kugai 

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #28 on: 12 Dec 2012, 02:48 »

Bad Points?

Politicians.

Oh c'mon, that one's universal.... :police:

Just4imagemails

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #29 on: 12 Dec 2012, 04:43 »

I often worry with a runny nose that it's actually blood, not because I'm scared of blood or blood loss but because I'm scared of staining something and not knowing how to clean it back up.

Oh, hey, which QC character most resembles YOU, everybody?

Gnomes2169

• Stupid squirrels...
« Reply #30 on: 12 Dec 2012, 10:19 »

I often worry with a runny nose that it's actually blood, not because I'm scared of blood or blood loss but because I'm scared of staining something and not knowing how to clean it back up.

Man, I'm always annoyed when I get a bloody nose because I'm all like, "Damnit, now I have to get another tissue so that I don't bleed on things..." I know them feels.

Oddly enough, I would have to say Steve. For a while I would have thought it was Martin, but he's just a tad bit too socially reserved.

Just4imagemails

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #31 on: 12 Dec 2012, 12:43 »

Intriguing answer. I wouldn't even know who I resemble... perhaps Wil, haha. I am rather fond of poetry.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #32 on: 12 Dec 2012, 13:37 »

I dunno. A bit of all of them perhaps.

I certainly have the "overly passive, has dreadful luck (read: not got the stones to even ask) with girls" thing off pat.

There was someone at college that reminded me of Linux-bot (I forget his name), right down to the neckbeard.
« Last Edit: 12 Dec 2012, 13:43 by Pilchard123 »
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #33 on: 12 Dec 2012, 17:33 »

Mar-Bear. I am a greasy otaku on my computer all day long.
Worry Hat, Engage!

riccostar

• FIGHT YOU
  • Goddamned stoner cat.
« Reply #34 on: 12 Dec 2012, 18:09 »

Sven :meh: I'm not quite that whory though
if it's probable that you're going to "die trying"
you might want to rethink your plan...

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #35 on: 12 Dec 2012, 18:36 »

I'm like Jeph - I just showed up in the background one day. ;)
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #36 on: 12 Dec 2012, 20:52 »

Bad Points?

Politicians.

Oh c'mon, that one's universal.... :police:

Yes, but we have a special breed of idiot down here
James The Kugai 

Just4imagemails

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #37 on: 12 Dec 2012, 21:09 »

A special breed of idiot? LET THE CONSPIRACY THEORIES COMMENCE! Eeheeheeheee HEEHEEHAHAHEE! *ahem* ... Lol?

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
James The Kugai 

Pages: [1]   Go Up