THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 03:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: QC Captions Vol. 99  (Read 10131 times)

MillionDollar Belt Sander

• 1-800-SCABIES
Re: QC Captions Vol. 99
« Reply #50 on: 01 Feb 2013, 21:03 »

He found out that the bees were simply fed up with the stress from all "piss poor bee keeping"

My wife worked with a beekeeper who said just that. Reporters came to him regarding the recent "wave of CCD" a few years back and asked how he was coping after all his bees had disappeared. His reponse was quite amusing. "What do you mean, all my bees? They're doing just fine, thanks. There's really no such thing as Colony Collapse Disorder, it's just bad beekeeping. That's why my honey always sells."

Friend of mine attributes CCD to the new wave of pest resistant bio-crops, and flat out refuses to rent his hives to farms that use engineered crops.

His personal hives for honey production border a huge tract of woodland and margin,  the wildflowers there are something else to behold.  I go butterfly and caterpillar-hunting there.    The margin where the flowers grow is always abuzz with bees,  his and wild bees.   It is a remarkable experience,  one I hope gets preserved going forward.

Given the fact that the place is full of bees, wild and otherwise..  one should look at why they thrive there vs the conditions that industrial bees are kept in.

ANYWAY BACK TO THE CAPTION:

E:   *chortle sniggle giggle glee*

C:   184 points in Words With Friends!

M:   WHAT
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up