THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 08:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Mafia 2 - Wolf Forest  (Read 29630 times)

Zingoleb

Re: Mafia 2 - Wolf Forest
« Reply #150 on: 21 Dec 2012, 13:05 »

Well, wait, Gareth just admitted he's the hunter. If we do kill him, then either A) he's the hunter and we just killed him or B) he's not the hunter, possibly a werewolf.

But if we don't kill him, the werewolves are most definitely going to kill him now. So either way, he's dead - unless we don't kill him, and he's a werewolf, at which point he'll stay alive through the night should we not lynch him.

So by this logic, we really oughtn't kill him - because either we kill one of our own and the werewolves then kill on top of that, or we focus on another suspicious person, and if the werewolves don't kill Gareth, that means he's a werewolf and should be considered for tomorrow's lynching.

I feel like lynching him is just a waste of time and focus right now, and we don't have time to waste.

As such, I retract my vote to kill Gareth, and I vote to lynch J.

(Is there such a thing as logical capriciousness?)

ackblom12

Mafia 2 - Wolf Forest
« Reply #151 on: 21 Dec 2012, 13:50 »

Mmhmm. I vote we lynch J.

Nikolai

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • H-Hello? Is this thing on?
« Reply #152 on: 21 Dec 2012, 13:59 »

The Unicorn's logic is sound. I vote we lynch J as well.

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #153 on: 21 Dec 2012, 15:38 »

Ok, I didn't plan to play this card yet, but since it looks like you're turning against me, I might as well.

I am the Bailiff. I have thus far done two investigations; TheEvilDog who turned out to be the little girl, and Linds, who can confirm that she is intact an ordinary villager. Assuming I don't get lynched, that means it's up to the Priest to protect me. If I should survive the night, then I will report back to you all on the veracity of Gareth's claim.

Of course, the only one I can prove myself to at this time is Linds, who the first one calling for my head. But if I am able to survive long enough to continue my investigations, then I will be able to strengthen my case with each turn. Can Gareth do the same?

I request a reprieve from lynching, and protection from the priest. In exchange I will continue my investigations, and confirm who is and is not  a werewolf.

Zingoleb

« Reply #154 on: 21 Dec 2012, 16:38 »

drama

nnng. how much time is left in today? ...

henri bemis

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Don't F with my glasses
« Reply #155 on: 21 Dec 2012, 17:09 »

Shit just got real.

J, I'm inclined to believe you, at least for today.  But that leaves me back at square one when it comes to who to vote for.  I'll be back soon with a vote, as I know we're running out of time.

Game and Watch Forever

• The German Chancellory building
  • Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #156 on: 21 Dec 2012, 17:35 »

Ok, I didn't plan to play this card yet, but since it looks like you're turning against me, I might as well.

I am the Bailiff. I have thus far done two investigations; TheEvilDog who turned out to be the little girl, and Linds, who can confirm that she is intact an ordinary villager. Assuming I don't get lynched, that means it's up to the Priest to protect me. If I should survive the night, then I will report back to you all on the veracity of Gareth's claim.

Of course, the only one I can prove myself to at this time is Linds, who the first one calling for my head. But if I am able to survive long enough to continue my investigations, then I will be able to strengthen my case with each turn. Can Gareth do the same?

I request a reprieve from lynching, and protection from the priest. In exchange I will continue my investigations, and confirm who is and is not  a werewolf.

The cop role in these games is useful ONLY if the cop can be trusted. I do not trust him and a number of you didn't before he claimed.

Why does this claim not really phase me?

A) He claims linds can back him up and that this is proof. Umm, no? Linds is going to say she's a villager NO MATTER WHAT. You could both be werewolves for all we know.

B) He says he needs priest protection so he can investigate? Let's say he's lying. Let's say Gareth really is the hunter (not sure if he is...). If that's the case, priest is now too busy praying for J's soul and his werewolf buds can take care of Gareth. Bad situation! 

C) He says investigating more will strengthen his case? Not true, necessarily. A werewolf can claim bailiff, go several nights finding "innocents" and then when convenient, sell out a poor villager. We can't risk it. Lynch J

If he really is a cop at the very least we know linds is relatively harmless. I honestly don't see how he could restore my trust at this point.

Game and Watch Forever

• Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #157 on: 21 Dec 2012, 17:52 »

drama

nnng. how much time is left in today? ...

A little over 15 hours, assuming the end of the world is a no-show (again). Also assuming I can do math still.

Zingoleb

« Reply #158 on: 21 Dec 2012, 17:52 »

If everything said so far is true, then that means:

01. Linds - Village
02. ackblom12
03. TheEvilDog (The Little Girl)
04. TRVA123
05. Game and Watch Forever
06. J - Bailiff
07. Nikolai
08. cesium133
09. dr. nervioso
10. Patrick
11. riccostar
12. henri beamis
13. Gareth - Hunter
14. Gnomes2169
15. Unicorn - Village

leaving

Players
02. ackblom12
05. Game and Watch Forever
07. Nikolai
08. cesium133
10. Patrick
11. riccostar
12. henri beamis
15. Unicorn

Leaving the priest and werewolves unaccounted for. So far, we're unsure how many werewolves there *are*, so let's focus on each person in turn.

ackblom is slightly suspicious to me - they don't make much in the way of contributions (outside of the 'mmhmm' followed by that...tongue). they voted no lynch immediately, and then for J - which, if J is to be trusted (and, right now, there's no proof he *oughtn't* be), makes ackblom being a werewolf somewhat possible. his actions are justifiable were he a werewolf anyhow, but nothing that makes me incredibly suspicious.

Game and Watch Forever - seems most likely to not be a werewolf. Just from my own intuition. They're far more helpful than would benefit the werewolf side.

Nikolai - hasn't exactly been helpful but they seem villagery to me. Vague suspicion, but nothing I would lynch him over.

cesium133 - refuses to believe Gareth when there's no reason as of right now not to trust him, as I outlined earlier. his insistence that Gareth still be killed despite that is suspicious, and did no one remember this?

*yawn* What happened overnight? Oh. That poor little girl.

Everything about cesium makes me highly suspicious right about now.

Patrick isn't saying much, so I haven't got much to base him by. Vague suspicion, but again, I wouldn't lynch him over it.

riccostar - would be flying barely under the radar if they hadn't said this:

All the werewolves that lurk this forum are deeply saddened by your lack of belief

and your interest in silver bullets...

Now *that's* suspicious in my eyes.

henri bemis - probably village? nothing jumps out at me.

and, well, I know I'm not the one doing this all. So that leaves ackblom and cesium and maybe riccostar as most likely to be werewolves.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #159 on: 21 Dec 2012, 18:03 »

J is right about me, but I hope you all understand why I felt threatened by him. Especially after TRVA's death. We were the only two to vote for him...and only one of us is still kicking.

Honestly I don't know who to believe. I think we still have another day left at least? I need to think things over.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

henri bemis

« Reply #160 on: 21 Dec 2012, 18:28 »

Telling everyone your identity is a risky move, and I can't imagine anyone doing it unless they were desperate.  They're both essentially tied (J took the lead after Unicorn changed her vote), so they both have reason to be desperate.  But is that because they're werewolves trying to avoid exposure, or innocent people trying to avoid death?

Game and Watch Forever makes good points - either, or both, could by lying to save their asses precisely because we know the risk.  I think it's probably unlikely that both are lying, though.  I really don't know what to think.

It also puts the Priest in a tough position.  Both of them would be good targets for the werewolves, but the Priest can only protect one person.  And it doesn't have to be either of them.

Zingoleb

« Reply #161 on: 21 Dec 2012, 18:57 »

Would we know if someone was protected by the priest? It would make sense for the priest to save at least one of them...

henri bemis

« Reply #162 on: 21 Dec 2012, 19:09 »

I don't know if we'd find out.  I just meant that, right now, there are two likely targets, both in need of the priest's protection, IF they are telling the truth (or just if the priest believes one of them).

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #163 on: 21 Dec 2012, 19:40 »

Really, I think we find out if no one dies. The killers find out only when their target is saved.

Zingoleb

« Reply #164 on: 21 Dec 2012, 19:41 »

I'm tempted to revoke my vote for J in light of the new information, but I'm unsure if trying to push towards the huge amount of suspicion I have towards cesium (as outlined above) would be useful this round or not...

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #165 on: 21 Dec 2012, 19:44 »

cesium133 - refuses to believe Gareth when there's no reason as of right now not to trust him, as I outlined earlier. his insistence that Gareth still be killed despite that is suspicious, and did no one remember this?

Sorry. Should I have said something like "That little bitch deserved it"?
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Black Sword

« Reply #166 on: 21 Dec 2012, 20:00 »

The village has until I wake up tomorrow morning EST to figure out what to do. After that, who knows?

Better hurry up. Live or die, make your choice.

Zingoleb

« Reply #167 on: 21 Dec 2012, 20:29 »

Sorry. Should I have said something like "That little bitch deserved it"?

this response helps your case by exactly zero points, i hope you are very well aware of that

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #168 on: 21 Dec 2012, 21:23 »

A) He claims linds can back him up and that this is proof. Umm, no? Linds is going to say she's a villager NO MATTER WHAT. You could both be werewolves for all we know.
if we were both werewolves, why would linds have thrown suspicion at me in the first place, rather than at someone else?

B) He says he needs priest protection so he can investigate? Let's say he's lying. Let's say Gareth really is the hunter (not sure if he is...). If that's the case, priest is now too busy praying for J's soul and his werewolf buds can take care of Gareth. Bad situation! 
i'm aware of this. i made a point of mentioning it. whoever the priest is, they have a tough choice to make.

C) He says investigating more will strengthen his case? Not true, necessarily. A werewolf can claim bailiff, go several nights finding "innocents" and then when convenient, sell out a poor villager. We can't risk it. Lynch J
i can prove myself to any single person by calling out their roles. this does not prove much to the group as a whole however, unless they get killed and my call is confirmed to the entire group.

If he really is a cop at the very least we know linds is relatively harmless. I honestly don't see how he could restore my trust at this point.
would it help if i announced your role like i did Linds'?

as a gesture of good will, today I vote No Lynch

Game and Watch Forever

• Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #169 on: 21 Dec 2012, 21:30 »

:psyduck: Tomorrow morning EST? That's a little sooner than my math indicated.

As promised, my thoughts on people:

linds: She is quite the paranoid one... day 1 I thought she was trying to be distracting, but the more we play, the more I think she's capable of slipping some actual thought and opinions in her posts. For now, I think she's a villager.

ackblom12: He has probably said the absolute least out of any of us. If I weren't so busy thinking J is guilty, I'd be thinking of gunning for him at this point. He did nothing but wait and see and vote no lynch day 1, which is fine... but then day 2 all I can find are a "shit, this is bad" post and a vote toward nervioso (justified by saying the Little Girl may have been on to something? Not sure what, but he wasn't the only one to claim this so I can't jump on him for that). Today, he just comes in to vote J. I feel like we have someone who just jumps on bandwagons and that is not enough to be helpful...

J: Go through his posts... I see mostly posts concerning with TheEvilDog fiasco (which he pretty much started... and I can't find an instance where he reasons something other than his username)... and posts about who is killing what and other setup stuff. Which is fine, since we're all STILL discussing game mechanics and whatnot, except he doesn't seem to really get off the subject much. Even after we seem to mostly agree who the hunter killed and who the wolves killed, he goes on about how it could be the other way... which I would accept as a possibility, except there's no argument about what kind of information that gives us. Aside from maybe the priest being involved. And honestly, I'd rather not talk about the priest and keep them safe... it's a miracle they're still with us. Apart from that, he claims to be the bailiff. I don't trust that and if I'm right... there's a real cop that's stuck between revealing himself (and risk getting eaten) and allowing us to buy his act. If I'm wrong... well, I guess it depends on how many still trust him at all to know how effective of a cop he'd still be. I feel like it's not worth it. My vote stays.

Nikolai: I'm not getting strong vibes here or there. It kind of troubles me, but it's not something worth wanting to lynch over.

cesium133: I totally see what Unicorn's talking about here, but I don't think I feel as strongly about it. That "oh noes" post did not seem to come from the hear.  :x That said... I'm not sure what to take out of it. I can't hate them for not trusting Gareth. It's the lynch all liars mentality and I don't think I've seen any explanation from Gareth concerning the whole deadlocking, but not actually deadlocking deal... but yes, they're someone to watch out for.

Patrick: See Nikolai... with the addendum that he hasn't really done anything noteworthy on this day...

riccostar: No offense, pal, but you seemed soooo wishy-washy to me. Day 1 you seem unsure of what to do, day 2 you pretty much just seem to agree with people and finally force yourself to vote (or was that an act?). The one thing you did to redeem yourself in my eyes is that you were the first to vote Gareth today. I don't know why, but that seems like an improvement, but I'm still watching you...

henri beamis: They along with Patrick and Nikolai create this trifecta of people I can't explain my feelings about too well. You three need to work harder at offending or impressing me. I don't care which, pick one!  :psyduck: In all seriousness, I don't get scummy vibes from them.

Gareth: This may come as a shock... but I believe he's telling the truth. That or he had it planned all along that he might fake being the hunter... There's enough playing dumb in previous posts to make me think he was trying to hide it well and just ended up getting himself noticed in the process. Day 1 there's a "fucking help me" post to the hunter. Day 2, he's the first to actually wonder who killed whom the night before.

Unicorn: I'd be disappointed with my instincts if she turned out to be a werewolf. It's obviously not out of the question, but I can't find a reason to distrust her and my gut doesn't want to argue too much against it.

J - I see your argument... I'll get to it in a second. Need to post this now. Before more posts get slammed in  :psyduck:

Game and Watch Forever

• Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #170 on: 21 Dec 2012, 21:54 »

if we were both werewolves, why would linds have thrown suspicion at me in the first place, rather than at someone else?

It would be far from the first time two werewolves pretended to have an argument to distance themselves from each other. Also, it's possible Linds is innocent and you're using that information for your benefit (again, werewolves know who is innocent AND guilty). I'd bet more the latter.

i can prove myself to any single person by calling out their roles. this does not prove much to the group as a whole however, unless they get killed and my call is confirmed to the entire group.

Again, a werewolf can fake a cop role easily since they know allegiances anyway. Unless of course, by role you mean a specific role and not just good/evil alignment. That could be... interesting.

would it help if i announced your role like i did Linds'?

I feel like that's a loaded question. I say yes, I pretty much face a high chance of dying regardless of what you say (guilty = lynch; innocent = eaten as there's less chance people will want to lynch me). If I say no, you make it look like I have something to hide. So I say: do what you want. But I really do feel like you're fishing for people's roles more than anything at this point.

And... I honestly feel like I've said enough for a while. I'll be hiding in my house if you need me...

Nikolai

« Reply #171 on: 22 Dec 2012, 08:45 »

Nikolai: I'm not getting strong vibes here or there. It kind of troubles me, but it's not something worth wanting to lynch over.

henri beamis: They along with Patrick and Nikolai create this trifecta of people I can't explain my feelings about too well. You three need to work harder at offending or impressing me. I don't care which, pick one!  :psyduck: In all seriousness, I don't get scummy vibes from them.

Any amount of attempted persuasion to convince you of my innocence can simply be discredited as a clever attempt by a werewolf to prove innocence. Personally? I'm less concerned about the people remaining somewhat incognito, and more the ones throwing titles around. It's too easy for me - or anyone else - to say "oh, I'm the so-and-so", you don't want to kill me. But that's already been said.

With that in mind, I can't do anything to prevent any of you for nominating me for a lynching, and I doubt any of this bloodthirsty lot would regret it, but I will say that it will only help the werewolves if you do.

Black Sword

« Reply #172 on: 22 Dec 2012, 08:56 »

Panic seems to be the only mood in Wolfswald. Two suspects were quickly decided upon, Gareth and J. Suspicion fell hardest on J. A vote was taken. J's immediate end was decided, despite his protest that he was the bailiff. The villagers took hold of him but he violently shook them off and walked with simple dignity to the tree outside of cesium133's home.

Of course, after J had died, the villagers inspected his home and groaned: he was truly the bailiff.

Resigned, the villagers returned to their homes and wondered what they had done to deserve this.

Night 3

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #173 on: 22 Dec 2012, 09:59 »

Oh.

Shit. I am sorry for doubting you, J.  :-(

riccostar

• FIGHT YOU
  • Goddamned stoner cat.
« Reply #174 on: 22 Dec 2012, 10:23 »

Okay Game&Watch... your ability to accuse everybody in this town is not helping you at all.  I've believed you to be a villager this entire time but you're staring to isolate yourself.  I'm sure I wasn't the only citizen to be slightly put off by the bad review.

Also, our ominous narrator is right, there is a ton of panic going around and its not going to help us at all.  Nikolai seems to be keeping his head and for the time being I'm going to put my faith in him.

Gareth: I apolgise for not being there after you made your claim, a cold set on hard.  Because of this I (even though J did end up being non-werewolfy) didn't get a chance to consider all the new ideas being thrown around before the end of the day and that wasn't really fair to anyone being put on trial  :-(  If you are the hunter, good luck tonight and may the priest lend you their aid. 
if it's probable that you're going to "die trying"
you might want to rethink your plan...

Game and Watch Forever

• Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #175 on: 22 Dec 2012, 12:25 »

Okay Game&Watch... your ability to accuse everybody in this town is not helping you at all.  I've believed you to be a villager this entire time but you're staring to isolate yourself.  I'm sure I wasn't the only citizen to be slightly put off by the bad review.

Accuse everyone? Isolate myself? At the very least, I think I made it clear I (mostly) trust Gareth and Unicorn. Because J turned out to be bailiff (sorry, man... I wish I could seriously have found a way to trust you and NOT second-guess myself), I can add Linds to that list. If you can go down the list and split everything up black and white, then I envy you, because I can't and most people feel like some shade of gray or another to me. And I thought I made it clear I was more gray on a lot of people, rather than black. Though maybe I hadn't.

Nikolai - I apologize if I wasn't clear. My comment in my thoughts on henri about you three needing to impress or offend me was a mix of me being facetious and frustrated that I can't get a stronger read on you three. Ideally, whether you're innocent or guilty will come about naturally through your actions and there won't be any need for you to focus on proving your own innocence.

Zingoleb

« Reply #176 on: 22 Dec 2012, 12:32 »

Okay, so J was the bailiff. Like I thought.

So that means that out of these people:

ackblom12
Game and Watch Forever
Nikolai
cesium133
Patrick
riccostar
henri beamis

we can assert Game and Watch Forever's innocence - J didn't mark him as guilty before he died. So let's cross him off the list.

ackblom12
Nikolai
cesium133
Patrick
riccostar
henri beamis

My biggest suspicions still lie with cesium and ackblom. I've made my suspicion of them fairly clear, and there's been no defense, nothing to deny it - have you even seen these people? I finger them as guilty, and then neither show up, but someone else turns up dead.

Something tells me I'm not going to survive the night, though.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #177 on: 22 Dec 2012, 13:33 »

I vote we lynch Cesium, based entirely off of nothing.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #178 on: 22 Dec 2012, 14:02 »

Uh. We're not there yet. Calm down, dude.

Zingoleb

« Reply #179 on: 22 Dec 2012, 14:44 »

I mean, that's what I'm going to vote if I'm still alive tomorrow.

If not, then that would kind of provide evidence that cesium is more likely to be a threat - which is kind of a small consolation.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #180 on: 22 Dec 2012, 15:02 »

This shit just got interesting.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Black Sword

« Reply #181 on: 22 Dec 2012, 18:27 »

Tick tock goes the clock. All actions in by tomorrow, please.

Black Sword

« Reply #182 on: 22 Dec 2012, 20:44 »

Inevitably after every night, dawn comes. The villager trudge out of their houses, grimly certain that death has come amongst them once again. A headcount is conducted. Inevitable missing faces noted. A glum search undertook. Discoveries made.

ackblom12 is found in his home, all of his internal organs missing. There are signs he was gutted and his flesh consumed inside of his hut, a most foul end for such an ordinary villager.

Hanging from the cesium tree is none other than cesium133 himself! However, though he is recognizable as cesium133, his appearance is more lupine than man, his hide that of a wolf. His head had been split open with an axe, his intestines pulled out of his gut, his body hanged as a warning to his fellow monsters.

Is this a turning point?

Day 4

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #183 on: 22 Dec 2012, 21:09 »

Finally we get a wolf! But...it looks like the wolves are getting more vicious. Oh dear...

Zingoleb

« Reply #184 on: 22 Dec 2012, 21:11 »

I knew it! I fucking knew it!

henri bemis

« Reply #185 on: 23 Dec 2012, 00:18 »

fucking finally!  Does that mean there's only one left?  Because I'm liking those odds.

This is more an ooc statement/question, but I'm leaving tomorrow for the holiday and while I'd honestly prefer to play this game than deal with family bullshit, I won't have as much time to check in.  I just want to let y'all know up front that I might not be as active for the next few days.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #186 on: 23 Dec 2012, 01:52 »

I'd like to thank the villagers for your support, or we'd never have even got this far. We aren't out of the woods (or rather wolf forest) yet, but we're one step closer to a normal life once more.

Nikolai

« Reply #187 on: 23 Dec 2012, 07:29 »

...though he is recognizable as cesium133, his appearance is more lupine than man, his hide that of a wolf. His head had been split open with an axe, his intestines pulled out of his gut...

See? See?!? I fucking told you that was the hunter's MO. Somebody stick a (silver) fork in cesium, he's done. (And the silver will help counteract any healing factors these werewolves might have) We also need to burn that body ASAP.

Apparently Ackblom really pissed off the werewolves. Damn.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #188 on: 23 Dec 2012, 08:55 »

Uh. We're not there yet. Calm down, dude.

Love to say I told you so.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #189 on: 23 Dec 2012, 10:28 »

I never said he wasn't a wolf. Was he suspicious? Yes. (He has a damn murder tree named after him, jeeze.) But calling out for a lynching when it's not even time yet is kind of dumb. Especially when it's, as you put it, "entirely based off of nothing".

Also I find it kind of ironic that one of the people a lot of you were really gunning for (ackblom) turned out to be nothing but a villager. We've gotten one hit and one pretty bad miss. (Actually, several misses - day 4 and we've only killed one wolf...) The wolves are just fucking with us, guys. Whoever cesium was working with must be one sick pup. I'm starting to doubt you supposedly innocent people. Well, no, everyone really.

And Nikolai is right, we should burn cesium's corpse asap.

Zingoleb

« Reply #190 on: 23 Dec 2012, 12:02 »

Okay. Two of the three people I fingered as possible werewolves are dead, and I was right on one of them - the third one has yet to say anything that has made me think they're really innocent of anything - riccostar.

Hrrmph.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #191 on: 23 Dec 2012, 13:35 »

the three people I fingered

Hehehehehehehehe  :mrgreen:

Zingoleb

« Reply #192 on: 23 Dec 2012, 13:36 »

The only time I've been thankful to not be fingered...

riccostar

• FIGHT YOU
  • Goddamned stoner cat.
« Reply #193 on: 23 Dec 2012, 19:00 »

Yay  :-D

Okay. Two of the three people I fingered as possible werewolves are dead, and I was right on one of them - the third one has yet to say anything that has made me think they're really innocent of anything - riccostar.

Hrrmph.

darn  :-(
would it help if I told you that I'm not a werewolf?

What I don't understand is why the werewolves killed ackblom.  He kept to himself and didn't really seem like he was gunning to lynch anybody so it wouldn't seem like he would have been much of a threat to them... Since the werewolves should be aware of who the other werewolves are it would seem like they would have gone for Gareth if he is really the hunter or even just another villager.  The only logic that I can see for not killing Gareth, assuming that he is non-werewolfy and is hunter flavoured, would be that they felt that he would be more of a help in killing off the innocent villagers at night based off of the statistics. 

any ideas on this?

riccostar

• FIGHT YOU
  • Goddamned stoner cat.
« Reply #194 on: 23 Dec 2012, 19:45 »

Role explanation

Werewolves are the followers of the Wolf King

Guys why do we think there were only two enemies?

Also here are ackbloms votes:

1. No Lynch
2. dr. nervioso
3. J

everyone he voted to lynch turned out to be innocent so I'm not getting the logic behind this murder at all...

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #195 on: 23 Dec 2012, 22:10 »

any ideas on this?

The only point I can see in the wolves not killing Gareth is because he's most likely being protected by the priest?

Zingoleb

« Reply #196 on: 23 Dec 2012, 22:16 »

And it would make sense for them to aim for the priest.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #197 on: 23 Dec 2012, 23:50 »

What I don't understand is why the werewolves killed ackblom.  He kept to himself and didn't really seem like he was gunning to lynch anybody so it wouldn't seem like he would have been much of a threat to them...

That's silly, that's all the more reason they'd choose to kill him! They're a step ahead of us; if they only target the people who have picked them, we have the victim's accusation to go by (we in the village have made it painfully obvious that that's our only source of evidence), and so far they've been clever enough to avoid us getting them aside from blind luck.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #198 on: 24 Dec 2012, 04:55 »

I'm not sure I have anything to add. I'll vote to lynch with the village and otherwise I basically have to conduct my investigation by myself.

Carry on, villagers. Carry on.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #199 on: 24 Dec 2012, 08:42 »

Because of the busyness of the next few days and because I feel that something needs to be done, I have to start voting. I don't feel comfortable doing this, but maybe it'll help with things in our poor little village.

There are three people I am torn between right now, but one stands out to be the most. I am sorry, but I vote to lynch riccostar.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up