Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sales!  (Read 2770 times)

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
sales!
« on: 20 Dec 2012, 18:07 »

So there's sales everywhere, right? Steam, GOG (Good Old Games), probably anywhere else you care about. This is the big thread for recommendations from those sales, because damn it there is too many cheap games and I don't know about you, but while I want to buy them all, I don't quite have the money to do so. In no specific order, here's what I've seen/bought right now that's super cheap and you should probably buy too:

- Psychonauts is down at half price on GOG, 5 USD. It's crazy good, fun, and crazy.
- I just bought a game named "too the moon" on GOG, and while it was more of an interactive story than a game-game, I enjoyed every minute of it. It's beautiful from start to end.
- Legend of Grimrock is 7,50 on GOG, and it's one of the best dungeon crawlers I've played ever. It's in the latest humble indie bundle too if you top 6,50, so you should probably get it there instead.
- The Witcher 1 costs 3 damn dollars on GOG, and it's really worth it if you liked the second on or RPGs in general. 2 is also really cheap there right now if you didn't pick it up earlier, and that's good.

- Everything Total War is cheap on Steam. Shogun 2 should be played if you liked any of the earlier ones, it does everything near perfect.
- All the Elder Scrolls and modern Fallouts are dirt cheap on Steam. If you never got around to playing Skyrim... you should do that, probably. New Vegas is also craaaazy good.

Those are the ones I see. But I need recommendations from you! Should I get Mirrors Edge? It costs barely anything. Natural Selection looks really cool, but has anyone actually played it? Did I miss anything worthwhile on GOG? Or somewhere else?
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

TheCollyWolly

• Larger than most fish
  • pressganged into service on a gnome submarine
Re: sales!
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jan 2013, 08:37 »

Just got Empire: Total War for like $4. Pretty sweet. Also, I don't know if it's on sale anymore, but Endless Space on Steam is amaaaaaazing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up