THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Mafia 3 - Under the Moon  (Read 42642 times)

riccostar

• FIGHT YOU
  • Goddamned stoner cat.
Re: Mafia 3 - Under the Moon
« Reply #50 on: 08 Jan 2013, 18:11 »

anemic barbequers? 

Whatever it is, we do need a strategy.  Honestly, I was almost suspicious of Barmymoo - he was just so genuine.  And now I feel terrible.  I'm so sorry, Friar.  I fear past experience has made me cynical.

Yes, strategy one must have, but how do we strategy when we don't know what we're facing?

We don't even know what kind of things are on our side...
if it's probable that you're going to "die trying"
you might want to rethink your plan...

henri bemis

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Don't F with my glasses
« Reply #51 on: 08 Jan 2013, 19:28 »

We know they suck blood, or at least some of them do (though that's not very helpful to us, or at least I can't see how yet).  And we know that they decided to kill Barmymoo.  They could have picked anyone, but they picked Barmy.  The question, now, is why?

I don't have an answer to that, and it could be as simple as "why not?"  But it's worth exploring.
« Last Edit: 08 Jan 2013, 19:36 by henri bemis »

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #52 on: 08 Jan 2013, 19:29 »

I vote de_la_Nae. She seems far to eager to point fingers at people. I don't like it. She seems...corrupt.

I am going to go pray for Barmy's soul. She was a good friend and a devout villager. Her death saddens me deeply.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #53 on: 08 Jan 2013, 20:07 »

Oh honey you get your ass I'm corrupt. But I'm the corrupt of a tankard, a cigarette, a roll of the dice and a good whore. I can't enjoy those if the village is gone.

Besides blood ain't exactly fine ambrosia y'know. Ick.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #54 on: 08 Jan 2013, 20:09 »

That said if you lot are willing to *do* something instead of just sit around and wring your hands, I'm willing to be persuaded to change my mind about poor Nikolai. You got someone *who isn't me* that you've got an argument for?

((Also I just realized I totally violated the Editing rule earlier. Sorry, wasn't thinking. >_< ))

TheEvilDog

« Reply #55 on: 08 Jan 2013, 20:38 »

You cad.
So you'll change your vote to lynch Nikolai, if Linds picks someone else to vote for?
Well then, I say we hang de_la_Nae and hang 'em high

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #56 on: 08 Jan 2013, 20:47 »

I'm an open to suggestion sort of cad is what I'm saying.

henri bemis

« Reply #57 on: 08 Jan 2013, 20:53 »

Well, of course no one is going to say "yeah, your argument against me is fool-proof!  I will die now!"  (except maybe Gareth, what with his saved bullet and all.  I'd implore him not to use it, but it's better than becoming vampopcorn, so respect). 

de_la_Nae said she was willing to hear other arguments, but it seemed like the general consensus was to target quiet people, so I understand the initial vote for Nikolai.

And I don't trust anyone at this point - my gut says anyone trying too hard to look nice is likely not, but, as I said, my gut lied to me about Barmymoo.  I don't know what to think.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #58 on: 08 Jan 2013, 21:03 »

In a place that is demanding you move away from sin, you fully admit to being corrupt. Forgive me, but that is an utterly stupid way to act. I'm sticking with my vote. And forgive me if my actions seem minimal to you, but I actually want to survive.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #59 on: 08 Jan 2013, 21:07 »

Tell you what I'll sweeten the pot since you don't know what to think: Gareth is sure as hell not innocent, but he's just another village yokel. I know that as sure as I know I'm not the killer. Nikolai, I don't know for sure either way, I just don't wanna sit back and wait for the bastards to break down my door without trying!

You and the others hang me out to dry, you lose an asset.

And yeah I know telling you stinking lot that makes me a target, but whatever! I've been a target all my life, I'm ready for 'em!

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #60 on: 08 Jan 2013, 21:13 »

No I won't forgive you, you sanctimonious double-talking...*she pauses for a long moment, then...*

...hehe....hehehehe.....ahah HAHA HA HAHAHAHA! Oh you crafty hellspawn, you. Tricky move, but it occurs to me that almost everything you've said since this started is hard to pin down to just one meaning. Sneaky! I almost didn't see it!

Also I guess I should point out that Barmymoo's the first to fall, and I know I heard you say while everyone was hunkering down last night that you'd join 'em in prayer. Hahahaha!

Fuck poor Nikolai, I can skin him later if I need to. I've got you in my sight Linds.

henri bemis

« Reply #61 on: 08 Jan 2013, 21:26 »

de_la_Nae, and everyone else, I was LITERALLY just about to vote for Linds, too, independent of what you just posted.  I know I can't prove it, but if our village is to survive we need to be honest with each other.  Something just isn't right.  re-read through the thread, and tell me I'm wrong.

If you are innocent, Linds, I apologize sincerely.  But I vote for you.  I don't believe you.

vote Linds

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #62 on: 08 Jan 2013, 22:48 »

Linds, you're suggesting we kill somebody because they refuse to conform? Whatever, MAN, you're just part of the machine.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Nikolai

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • H-Hello? Is this thing on?
« Reply #63 on: 09 Jan 2013, 00:08 »

I'm voting for de la Nae because she wants to skin me, and that sounds evil. I'm just the town alcoholic. Jeez. I mean, I know this town is deep into religion and all, but skinning a dude just because he likes his beer? Come on, now. That's a little much, isn't it? *cracks open another beer and slouches in the back pew*

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #64 on: 09 Jan 2013, 04:36 »

Well look at that, he finally speaks! Took you long enough!

Now I wonder where that Unicorn is hiding?

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #65 on: 09 Jan 2013, 06:09 »

Linds, you're suggesting we kill somebody because they refuse to conform? Whatever, MAN, you're just part of the machine.

I'm just trying to save your souls. This isn't about conformity. There is no more machine. This is about survival. Survival of the pure of heart. de_la_Nae doesn't seem to even care about that, so why should she live when there are others who want to survive? Why should I encourage apathy when that's the opposite of our goal?

Black Sword

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #66 on: 09 Jan 2013, 06:34 »

24 hours in, 3 for de la nae, 2 for Linds.

24 hours to go, folks.

Game and Watch Forever

• Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #67 on: 09 Jan 2013, 07:29 »

I read somewhere that a group of unicorns is called a blessing. I don't know why, but that seems appropriate to bring up. Could be a sign that things will only get worse, rather than better...

I'll have to read what linds has been saying again to see if it's anything worth voting over (and that will be when I'm done beep booping for the day), but I honestly don't see anything wrong with de la nae. She may have a foul mouth and loose morals, but she seems to be actively doing *something*, which is more than what can be said for others. And if she is a vampire or whatever, she'll slip up somewhere later down the line as long as she keeps talking at this rate and THAT can be when we lynch her.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #68 on: 09 Jan 2013, 09:06 »

Yeah you can lynch me then!

Also I don't get why suddenly you think your so-called 'purity' is going to protect anyone. Sure didn't help ol' Barmymoo did it?

As much as I think at least half of you are pissants, I want the town to survive. The enemy doesn't really seem all about that. You bunch can't get your act together enough to get to the dirty work? Fine! But I tell you you'll regret the loss if you hang me.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #69 on: 09 Jan 2013, 09:30 »

Go back and read all of my posts. I've been championing this from the beginning. Why do you think I keep praying?

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #70 on: 09 Jan 2013, 09:38 »

I'm not usually one to weigh in on this kind of debate.

But to even the score, I vote Linds. I don't want blood on anybody's hands.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #71 on: 09 Jan 2013, 09:48 »

I'm inclined to be suspicious of the people who have names in mind already, and it looks like right now we have Linds and de_la_Nae pointing fingers at each other. So, I'm going to vote de_la_Nae. If de_la_Nae turns out to be innocent, though, that's going to make Linds look suspicious.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #72 on: 09 Jan 2013, 09:59 »

Shit, if the tide's already rolling, I don't want any part in it. I withdraw my vote for Linds.

You people can be responsible for your own actions.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #73 on: 09 Jan 2013, 10:01 »

I'm only pointing fingers at her because she's being overly aggressive, especially towards people who have been quiet. None of you have to agree with me. If you feel that means I should be executed, so be it.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #74 on: 09 Jan 2013, 10:07 »

Gareth you puke! I went out on a limb revealing that I know beyond most doubts that you're just a villager, saving you from any chance of hanging this day, and you throw me to the fishes?

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #75 on: 09 Jan 2013, 10:11 »

And you know Cesium? You wanna know my big plan, before who I'm more-and-more suspecting is a monster-in-whining-priest's clothing starting trying to roll momentum against me?

I simply went down the list of folks who've been too quiet. I hoped to stir some shit up so they'd wake the fuck up and get to fucking work!

But now I'm gonna hang at this rate, and you're all gonna be fucked. Even if I'm wrong about Linds and they aren't one of the bastards then they're weak enough to play into their hands anyway.

Fuckit, I'm gonna polish off that last bottle of bourbon I've been sitting on. Like hell I'm gonna sit out this bullshit sober.

Enjoy killing one of your staunchest allies, you pukes! Let me know if you wise up enough and change your mind so we can get down to saving our sorry asses.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #76 on: 09 Jan 2013, 10:44 »

I'm very sorry de_la_nae, but we can only tolerate so much. I vote for lynching de_la_nae.

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #77 on: 09 Jan 2013, 10:57 »

And you know Cesium? You wanna know my big plan, before who I'm more-and-more suspecting is a monster-in-whining-priest's clothing starting trying to roll momentum against me?

I simply went down the list of folks who've been too quiet. I hoped to stir some shit up so they'd wake the fuck up and get to fucking work!

But now I'm gonna hang at this rate, and you're all gonna be fucked. Even if I'm wrong about Linds and they aren't one of the bastards then they're weak enough to play into their hands anyway.

Fuckit, I'm gonna polish off that last bottle of bourbon I've been sitting on. Like hell I'm gonna sit out this bullshit sober.

Enjoy killing one of your staunchest allies, you pukes! Let me know if you wise up enough and change your mind so we can get down to saving our sorry asses.
You know, rereading all your comments, I'm starting to think your belligerence is simply a result of you being drunk, and that maybe you're not so bad after all. Gimme some of your bourbon, and I'll change my vote to Linds.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #78 on: 09 Jan 2013, 11:08 »

Gareth you puke! I went out on a limb revealing that I know beyond most doubts that you're just a villager, saving you from any chance of hanging this day, and you throw me to the fishes?

I am throwing no-one to the fishes. That's why I voted in the first place, to even the score. One man, one vote. If I can't even the score, I'm not voting. And I'm going to stand by that for as long as it's a viable alternative to us devouring each other like dogs.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #79 on: 09 Jan 2013, 11:40 »

I like the way you think, Gareth. We've hardly any facts at this point, and no one has presented a concrete argument based on them. We can't let panic overtake reason. Neither frightened silence, nor impulsive action, raises my suspicions enough to call for anyone's head just yet.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

Black Sword

« Reply #80 on: 09 Jan 2013, 11:42 »

4 for de la nae, 3 for Linds.

Zingoleb

« Reply #81 on: 09 Jan 2013, 12:15 »

I read somewhere that a group of unicorns is called a blessing.

You're right.

Sadly, it's just me here. I don't really have anyone else around, and I'm doing my best to just stay out of harm's way. People are voting to kill each other and I'm just trying to avoid it.

That said, I'm going to vote Linds. I don't want to see anyone killed.  :-(

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.
« Reply #82 on: 09 Jan 2013, 12:19 »

If there is a tie, is that a no-kill?

henri bemis

« Reply #83 on: 09 Jan 2013, 12:47 »

Yeah, no one dies if it's a tie.

I'm ok with that for now, but each night we're going to lose another villager, and if the bad guys start outnumbering us, we eventually won't have enough people to put up a fight.  And we don't know for sure if there's a 'hunter' type character that can also kill at night, or if that person would even be on our side, which means all we know for sure right now is that whoever or whatever is hunting us can be challenged during the day.  It might be the only time we can put up a fight.

But it IS still early, and a stalemate could give us more time to investigate without accidentally killing anyone innocent.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #84 on: 09 Jan 2013, 13:19 »

*takes off cowboy hat, lights another cigarette, takes the safety off his revolver while writing in his diary*

What do you mean 'character'?

dr. nervioso

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • No more Mr. Nice Bitch
« Reply #85 on: 09 Jan 2013, 13:39 »

Hmmm

I vote for linds!
this forum is slowly decomposing into butts and kitties

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #86 on: 09 Jan 2013, 13:51 »

I vote de_la_Nae.

riccostar

• FIGHT YOU
  • Goddamned stoner cat.
« Reply #87 on: 09 Jan 2013, 18:23 »

I'm going to hold on to my vote for a while, I know we probably have to do something to get a little bit of information on the nature of the game but I'm feel kind of uncomfortable with either of the people on the line right now getting killed  :-( 

Also something I was thinking about is that maybe since we've been left so much in the dark about what is going on in the village, it's possible that our attackers aren't fully aware of each other either.  If that is the case they may not rule the night completely.  It doesn't bode well though that they were able to pick the friar off right off the bat though... I dunno, for the time being I'm going to just look for more information.
if it's probable that you're going to "die trying"
you might want to rethink your plan...

Zingoleb

« Reply #88 on: 09 Jan 2013, 18:25 »

Bet you it's Voldemort again.

:-(

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #89 on: 09 Jan 2013, 18:26 »

...hm...*hic*...*passes bottle to Cesium*...'s intres...interestin' idea Ricco. Mebbe 'splain the diffrence in killing.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #90 on: 10 Jan 2013, 03:52 »

In favor of tying it up, I'm in for stringin' up Linds

Nobody better fuck this up for me
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #91 on: 10 Jan 2013, 04:15 »

You didn't tie it up, it was already tied because of Unicorn, ricco, and Gareth. You just tipped the scales in favor of killing me. So, uh, thanks.

Nevermind!
« Last Edit: 10 Jan 2013, 11:08 by Linds »

Black Sword

« Reply #92 on: 10 Jan 2013, 06:35 »

(Ricco didn't vote for anyone, Linds. It's actually a tie, so you're safe.)

Twas a grim day in the village. The villagers were divided into two factions, one in favor of lynching the morally dissolute de_la_Nae, the other in favor of doing nothing at all until more evidence came to light. It was a near thing, but it ended in a tie between the degenerate sybarite de_la_Nae and the righteous Linds.

With nothing else to do, the villagers filed into Church to hear their priest and pray for God to protect their village.

Night 1

Game and Watch Forever

• Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #93 on: 10 Jan 2013, 06:57 »

But nervioso DID vote for her (I think the pink on their avatars makes me mix them up, so I could see how someone else might).

Nikolai - de (1)
de - Linds (2), Evil (3), Nikolai (6),  ces ( 8 ), idont (10), Gareth (14)
Linds - de (4), henri (5), Gareth (7), ces (11), Uni (12), nervioso (13), Patrick (15)

No Vote - Gareth (9)

Double check me, but I have it as a 5-6 vote in favor of lynching Linds...

I was typing a post before night fell, but for the record what I had to say wouldn't have changed anything.

I don't know who my top lynch would be, but it wouldn't be either of these two. However, out of the two, I'd rather mistakenly lynch Linds over de_la_nae. de strikes me as someone that will call out other people's BS and try to keep us focused. Linds has only been praying and accusing the person that may be the easiest to accuse simply because they speak their mind the most. And while I believe in the power of prayer... it's clearly not enough and God is choosing to help only those who help themselves... so yeah, my two cents.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #94 on: 10 Jan 2013, 08:08 »

We can only hope, friends. The heretics are unlikely to give up themselves. As for vampires, we will only know them at night, and then it's too late.

*shudder*

TheEvilDog

« Reply #95 on: 10 Jan 2013, 08:24 »

*Hides under the bed with several garlands of garlic, branches of holly over and around every door and window, mustard seeds on every pathway, constantly ringing bells and a healthy dose of prayer*

Black Sword

« Reply #96 on: 10 Jan 2013, 09:30 »

Currently, the GM is annoyed because he's not sure whose vote he missed. However, it's pretty clear that Patrick also missed someone's vote, as he stated his intent was to tie up the vote to prevent a lynch. The GM is sufficiently annoyed by this that if players do not put "Lynch <user>" at the bottom of their post, separate from the text and in bold, where it can be seen quickly for tallying purposes by all players, that vote will not be counted.

Needless to say, due to GM goof up and somehow still in line with Patrick's intent, Linds still lives. Call it the Grace of God.

However, since it was my goof up...

Lynch Black Sword

:-(

Game and Watch Forever

• Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #97 on: 10 Jan 2013, 10:11 »

All right, can we honestly stop with the voting to purposefully tie stuff up? I feel like all it does is offer a way for vampires (or whatever) to throw a vote into the pot, look like they're contributing, and, in case the person they voted for gets lynched, a good excuse ("oh, but I just wanted to tie it up! How am I a bad person for that?").

Why not let whoever the most people actually want to see dead actually have their way? If it turns out to be wrong, we actually have a list of suspects to jump off of next day (because the chances of NO vampires being on a particular band wagon is slim). And if it's right, we're closer to winning. Can anyone tell me how this situation right now is any better than either of the two I'm presenting? Can anyone actually present a good list of people to jump start our night 1 conversation?

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #98 on: 10 Jan 2013, 10:14 »

All right, can we honestly stop with the voting to purposefully tie stuff up? I feel like all it does is offer a way for vampires (or whatever) to throw a vote into the pot, look like they're contributing, and, in case the person they voted for gets lynched, a good excuse ("oh, but I just wanted to tie it up! How am I a bad person for that?").

Why not let whoever the most people actually want to see dead actually have their way? If it turns out to be wrong, we actually have a list of suspects to jump off of next day (because the chances of NO vampires being on a particular band wagon is slim). And if it's right, we're closer to winning. Can anyone tell me how this situation right now is any better than either of the two I'm presenting? Can anyone actually present a good list of people to jump start our night 1 conversation?
I agree... in fact I'll note that in games I've played on other forums, the rule that was used was that in the event of a tie, the kill was decided by a coin flip.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #99 on: 10 Jan 2013, 10:26 »

This is a democratic village, and anyone is free to cast their votes as they see fit. That's my final word in this matter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up