THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 20:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FO3 Tv show?  (Read 2669 times)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
FO3 Tv show?
« on: 20 Jan 2013, 12:33 »

Fallout 3 the TV show?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSvyUuRqHgI
I'd watch that.  Though it may be too soon to tell.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

ackblom12

Re: FO3 Tv show?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jan 2013, 13:02 »

I have some cautious optimism for this. It just has such a ridiculously easy path to utter shit.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2013, 14:43 »

I want this, but I just don't trust American television with it. It'll end up like Firefly (Cut despite awesomeness) or the Dresden Files (Well, that was a shit adaptation. Honestly, that physically pained me)
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

henri bemis

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Don't F with my glasses
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2013, 19:15 »

All of the above, and I'm also worried they'll create a protagonist as either a Bland Everyman or Whiney Child. 

If it happens, I'll watch the shit out of it, for sure, at least at first (who am I kidding?  I'll watch all of it, but if it's good, I'll pay for it).  I would love a great TV adaptation, but I've got very little faith in American TV at this point.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2013, 21:27 »

I want this, but I just don't trust American television with it. It'll end up like Firefly (Cut despite awesomeness) or the Dresden Files (Well, that was a shit adaptation. Honestly, that physically pained me)

I liked the Dresden Files.

Though I'll allow I can see some reasons why someone might take umbrage with it. It certainly departs from the source material for one thing.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #5 on: 21 Jan 2013, 22:17 »

I liken it to a roadtrip to California.

Only they took the first left on the highway and ended up in Texas.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #6 on: 22 Jan 2013, 14:42 »

I really don't know what to think about this. I love Fallout a lot but I don't know what such an adaptation would be like. Although I would watch it, I don't have much hope sadly. Also I know it has to be pinpointed close to a certain game and Fallout 3 is obviously the most known but I'd like to see a lot more of the world referenced, if not shown in depth.

I assume it would be live action but animation would give a lot more creative space.
Pages: [1]   Go Up