THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 02:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 5173 times)

Asterus

• FIGHT YOU
  • I'm not crazy, I'm just a little Unwell :P
Path of Exile
« on: 21 Jan 2013, 08:24 »

http://www.pathofexile.com/
I have been aware of this game for all of an hour and I'm already extremely intrigued. Definitely can't wait until open beta.
Of course, that may be my love of skill webs talking.
From time to time you must concede, the need to sit down and have a good read:
http://hypocriticalparadox.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjonUt21G0HBaFsHPupFwxw
Those with Vas Deferens should show vast deference to those without.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
Re: Path of Exile
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2013, 10:29 »

Looks pretty interesting, definitely on my list of games to play at least once.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Asterus

• FIGHT YOU
  • I'm not crazy, I'm just a little Unwell :P
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2013, 13:01 »

Although, looking at the tree, I hope the skill refund points aren't as rare as they seem to be. Knowing my slapdash playstyle, I'll end up making assignments I'll regret, like fully upgrading minions, then accidentally putting points in critical strikes.
From time to time you must concede, the need to sit down and have a good read:
http://hypocriticalparadox.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjonUt21G0HBaFsHPupFwxw
Those with Vas Deferens should show vast deference to those without.

Shogouki

• Furry furrier
« Reply #3 on: 02 Mar 2013, 23:03 »

I just finished downloading this game.  Will be checking it out over the course of the next few days.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #4 on: 02 Dec 2013, 12:23 »

Oh my fucking hell you guys, necroing this shit because GAME IS DOPE AS HELL.

Look, it's the game Diablo 3 should have been. Combat feels great, the passive skill tree is just amazing, the ability system is brilliantly designed, and the economy is fantastic. No gold, only barter for consumables you use to upgrade gear.

It's also free. As in, there is no content or gear you don't get for free, it's not slower to play for free, it's awesome. These guys are big on "ethical microtransactions", and so far that's only cosmetics and extra stash slots, which you won't need before you've put tons of hours in the game.

I'm having so much fun with this, so I highly recommend it.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #5 on: 02 Dec 2013, 15:35 »

Yeah, seconding Snalins comments here. Been playing with my core group of gamer friends, and this game is pretty slick. One tip: PLAN AHEAD. The higher difficulties will ream you silly if you haven't mapped out your passives. And resistances, resistances, resistances.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #6 on: 02 Dec 2013, 17:33 »

The sentiment I see all over the internet is "try out your first character, don't give a shit about builds or such and just have fun, and then when you hit that point where you've fucked over everything, start a new one".

One of the innovations I'm really liking after playing some more is the potion system. Rather than having to constantly buy and stock up on potions, you have five bottles that refills as you kill stuff. They come in healing, mana refill and buff variants, and the selection of those are pretty important. They also add a great flavor to boss fights - at one point you will start running out of health, and have to run around and kill mobs getting spawned to refill.

I just died for the first time against the boss on the top of the pyramid. Dammit he hit hard. Going blind, and not looking at any builds or really anything, I'm way, way into glass canon land. All extra one-handled and mace damage, and the strength requirements to get there. Only extra defense I have is the stuff you get included with the damage buffs, plus a full resistance node I grabbed at one point. Still 0% chaos resistance, which hurts quite a lot.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #7 on: 02 Dec 2013, 22:05 »

Chaos resist will get you, every time. My mates and I are on merciless at the moment, and I have seen some shit, let me tell you. . .

Also, yes, the potions system is just so damn good. If you had to rely on bought potions well, I think it'd be a completely different ballgame. As for resistances, you won't really get all that much outta the passives, it's the armor pieces and trinkets that'll give you the best buffs.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

blacksinow

• Curry sauce
« Reply #8 on: 12 Dec 2013, 04:19 »

The game hates the visually impaired, and it feels as though the developers are more concerned over pvp then fixing flaws that should have been addressed in the first place. If you want a better experience, play torchlight 2.
Pages: [1]   Go Up