THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 03:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 98   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread 4; Live Free or Blog Hard - 'cos we all like blogging  (Read 543408 times)

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
  • Professional Beep Booper

It has a teflon coating and you can't use metal utensils in that, I mentioned that to both housemates. GUESS WHO'S PAN HAS SCRATCHES ALL OVER THE BOTTOM.

Take a machine grinder, and put scratches ALL OVER THEIR BOTTOMS.  >:D
Worry Hat, Engage!

Black Sword

• The German Chancellory building

Bouncer?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm 5'7" (1.7 m) and about 200 lbs (92 kg).  I look smaller (and weaker) than I am, and have a friendly face with a grey beard - I'd fail horribly as a bouncer. 

But the hospital's a good idea...

You'd be awesome as a bouncer! All you'd have to do is put on your best "I'm disappointed in you" look, and every hooligan will get a flashback to their poor old dad and feel awful and beg for the chance to make it up to you. No muss, no fuss, just pure, guilt-driven bouncing.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker

That'd work on me.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand

Tempting!
Man that does look nifty on the one hand.
On the other it's hard to like the idea of purchasing yet another version of Monopoly, especially because...I don't know, how Turing was treated gets my blood boiling a little, I guess.

You know looking at that again and seeing that it's not *just* for more money for Hasbro helps with a lot of that, though.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr

You'd be awesome as a bouncer! All you'd have to do is put on your best "I'm disappointed in you" look, and every hooligan will get a flashback to their poor old dad and feel awful and beg for the chance to make it up to you. No muss, no fuss, just pure, guilt-driven bouncing.

That's how the security guard in my building operates! She is excellent at giving people The Look when they are about to do something stupid.
« Last Edit: 08 Feb 2013, 10:30 by bainidhe_dub »
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

Back seized this morning and I freaked out and had to get my partner to ring work for me to say I couldn't come in and I hate ringing in sick.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Yesterday I found out I'm unofficially fired, which is a way to fuck me over on unemployment benefits, but they don't know I know, and I am tempted to sue. I have friends, see.

I have had the longest day ever, in which:
1. I woke up and went way far out of my way for somebody who flaked on me 3 times
2. Packed up all my music shit
3. Went and endured the largest display of bullshit ego and musical masturbation ever, including a boring soundcheck prefaced by some jackass band-dad who felt like telling us all his made-up facts about everything ("the term 'green room' is a metaphor, because green means 'ready'" dude shut the fuck up)
4. Participated
5. Packed up
6. Got harrassed and ejected by some dickhead cop who falsely accused us of smoking and possessing weed, but refused to search us despite all 5 of us repeatedly consenting to searches
7. Won the fucking contest mother fuckers
8. Made the cop look like a giant dickhead in front of his co-cops that he was showing off to by harassing us in the first place
9. Drank beer
10. (in progress) Passed the fuck out, 23 hours later
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Why is it called a green room?

I just got back from a night away and it feels like I've been gone for weeks. Getting out of town during term is very refreshing. I have spent the whole weekend eating, though. I suspect that the steady downward trend of my weight will have reversed this week.

I also am kicking myself because I didn't turn my phone on until this evening, and discovered I'd got a text this morning from a friend asking if I'd like to come round for dinner tomorrow and then babysit her son for the evening. Because the latter part is important and I hadn't replied for eight hours, she's now asked someone else. She asked me for dinner Tuesday instead, but it's Shrove Tuesday and the choir is coming over for pancakes. Grr. Why did I have my phone off?
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy

Wikipedia says no one knows.  Though the guy's theory is not offered on their list of possible explanations.
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Webster's just says that it's probably because it used to be painted green. Well, yes.  Duh.    I imagine there was a particular theatre where the room was green, and it just spread from there; but if there is no record of that, I guess we'll never know.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Maybe it's the colour the artists were when waiting?
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

...or when they came off after making a pig's ear of it.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

So since work is dicking me around as far as not scheduling me and not telling me my employment with them has been terminated, I'm trying to talk to PBK's corporate. I am sick of this shit. I'm broke as fuck and can't afford rent for my storage unit anymore, and at the moment I am only feeding myself off the money I make from running my jam night.

I know exactly how I feel about this, though. If my store manager is gonna be childish and not treat me like an adult, then I'm going to tattle on her like a child.

All I wanna know is why a single mother with her career on the line has decided to fuck me over like this when the consequences are disastrous for this kind of stuff.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Looking at WP, I suspect it wasn't in wide use prior to 1700, and then only in the UK.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Papersatan

Conference call to India!

Middle of the night here? check!
Very strong accent I am unfamiliar listening to? check!
Bad connection? check!

I have a feeling my notes from this interview are going to be less than the best they could have been, but that is life.  The woman conducting the interview (also from India) confessed that she had trouble understanding him.  I think our interviewee is from the Indian equivalent of Louisiana.

Zingoleb

my partner gets into Buffalo in a couple hours and oh my god oh my god oh my goodness gracious i am not prepared for this in the slightest oh god oh god oh god

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor

You can do eet! :D Worst comes to worst, just channel your inner Ferret Pirate.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese

I can definitely imagine you just dooking at her repeatedly. And it amuses me.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.

Arrr ... dook?
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Lines

• Awakened

Pat, I hope you figure out work stuff... I hate it when people pull that kind of shit on their employees. Sack up, stupid boss lady.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

my partner gets into Buffalo in a couple hours and oh my god oh my god oh my goodness gracious i am not prepared for this in the slightest oh god oh god oh god

It'll be tough for them in Buffalo because the people up here don't really take too kindly to cowboys.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Zingoleb

It was embarrassing driving her back and having her point out the confederate flags flying around here I can tell you that much

Also I may have been making dookesque noises at her for her entire time here, but I refuse to confirm such an embarrassing rumour. That...that I just started.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

adookadookadookdookdook
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Papersatan

I really wanted to go out tonight.  I tried to make it happen, but I just don't know many people around here.  I need a way to make friends, who are not lovers.  People I am casually seeing don't want to include me in their friend things, which I understand especially for people with primary relationships who are not out as open to all their friends, but it makes me feel lonely.  I want to go out with more than one person at a time.  To have a night of drinking an giggling and storytelling and ridiculous fun.  I only go out with school people where we all talk school shit, or on dates. 

I sort of want to just go to bar by myself and get trashed and try to be friendly, but I am afraid I will either feel terrible and lonely by my self, or I will make a drunk fool of myself by butting into conversations where I am not wanted. 

For now my plan is this glass of rum and the state of the union address. 

Papersatan

So, after the state of the union, I went to the bar alone.  I said fuck it, I need to have socilizing.

It was BINGO night, a free card with everything you buy.  I won BINGO and got a 20$ gift card. 

Also I met a girl I had a nice time talking with, we exchanged numbers, and it turns out we live accross the street from each other.  No lie.  I may have a drinking buddy!!!!!

BEST NIGHT.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

Got all the morning stuff done (daughter medicated, dogs walked, coffee started for the mrs)
Went to the beer store for my shift (about 35 cases today - pretty good, better then last tuesday post-superbowl)
Got home, changed the oil in the van
Went to the pancake supper at church (Blueberry!  And sausages!)
Tutored for an hour and a half
Medicated my daughter (evenings are on a 3 hour system, because of drug interactions)
Walked the dogs again

Bedtime - gotta be up early to meet a student before class - he's been out for over a week, claims pneumonia.  Now I have to get him caught up. 

Yeah, I need a real job so I'm not so fucking busy. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor

Also I met a girl I had a nice time talking with, we exchanged numbers, and it turns out we live accross the street from each other.  No lie.  I may have a drinking buddy!!!!!

Yay, cheap booze connection! :parrot:

and having her point out the confederate flags flying around here

Wait what?! What state do you live in, exactly?
Worry Hat, Engage!

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

New York, as I recall. 

The rural western part of the state. 

I recall seeing them displayed in the polish-american stronghold of south buffalo when I was younger, too.  More social commentary than heritage...  there was a real fear of the chorni (black/damned, it's the same word) moving in. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

I recall seeing them displayed in the polish-american stronghold of south buffalo when I was younger, too.  More social commentary than heritage...  there was a real fear of the chorni (black/damned, it's the same word) moving in.

OH YOU MUST MEAN LOVEJOY.
IT HASN'T CHANGED.

There are still racial tensions in that neighbhorhood. Throw-a-brick-through-the-window-of-the-black-folks-home racial tensions.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

Don't the people who fly Confederate flags always say they've got nothing to do with racism?  :angel:
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Zingoleb

Depends on how shameless they are about it.

lepetitfromage

• addicted to the shindig

On my agenda for today?

Melting, melting and some more melting.....

and this is when the heat in the office is OFF.

Edited- because that's what I get for trying to take the easy way out. *grumble grumble grumble*
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2013, 11:17 by lepetitfromage »
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Zingoleb

(behind a spoiler because HELLOOO huge image that I have no clue how to resize)

nor how to post, apparently.  :wink:

lepetitfromage

• addicted to the shindig

gah. wtf? It shows up for me!  :-(
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor

Huzzah drinking buddies and gift cards!
Huzzah visits with significant others!
Huzzah dooks!
Huzzah the Confe....wait...no, no, not huzzah those guys. >:(

Gotta go get ready and swing out to the Kinsey Institute. Supposed to write a paper today about some sort of stuff, might as well be this, haven't been in years.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Woo one of the Canadians, Baron Richard, is going to be at practice tonight (in half an hour) so I am going to work with him and learn some stuff.

See, I fight in an A-frame stance, and no one in this area really does that, but the dudes in nearby Canada do fight in that stance.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

Think I'll be online sporadically for the next while. All three modules going on right now are hard ones.
(click to show/hide)
Also playing video games with my spare time right now. I'm actually enjoying it a little more since it's properly stress relieving and I'm usually doing it in allocated Did Enough Work To Earn This time slots.  I'll probably lurk on Facebook and here a little if I can. I'll probably break my work stride soon enough but I'm making the intent now to work hard.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor

SUCCESS-DESU!!!!

The corporate office has finally figured out why my calls (and thus, my pay) has been sluggish lately...the service map that indicates my territory was corrupted. So, now I have double the territory that I had...it means a lot more driving, but a lot more money. No complaints here! ;D ;D ;D :mrgreen:
Worry Hat, Engage!

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

See, I fight in an A-frame stance, and no one in this area really does that, but the dudes in nearby Canada do fight in that stance.
What is an "A-frame stance" in the context of swordsmanship? I googled, but only found hits for skating and pistol-shooting.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor

I'd imagine it's the same, but with a sword in your hand.  :emotrex:
Worry Hat, Engage!

Zingoleb

I broke up with my partner. took her to the bus station, where she had a bus ticket waiting for her already.

it's 5 am. I should go to bed, I guess, but I don't want to.

happy valentines.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Got lent off to a fairly terrible start by sleeping through my lectures, achieving nothing, and then spontaneously going clubbing after the Ash Wednesday service and ending up with the girl I didn't go to dinner with coming back to my room. This afternoon I've been stood up for my regular babysitting job (they're not home and not answering their phone), so coupled with the fact that I was away this weekend and couldn't tutor, I've earned precisely £0 this week. No food shopping for me!

Black Sword

Annual review in 19 minutes. Lasts for one hour. If I come back breathing fire, please wear your asbestos undies.

Black Sword

I'm straddling the line between meeting expectations and being below expectations because....
...I'm not friendly and outgoing enough. Not even kidding. I need to work on my sarcasm and humility. Apparently, people think that when my face adopts a quizzical expression, I'm being sarcastic, not genuinely confused. Oy vey.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

What exactly was this a review of? Your existence as a human being?

Black Sword

Annual performance review at work.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Are you a children's entertainer? A circus clown? One of those people who sells things on television by pretending that whatever it is has made your life a constant round of happiness and sunshine? I just don't see why they'd review your facial expressions unless you were scowling at customers or something!

Do you need to be more sarcastic and humble, or less?

Black Sword

I do Public Relations. My persona can apparently be a little off-putting. Since it's a people business, I suppose it's valid, yet at the same time, why are they leaping to conclusions?

I'm not very humble, yet I try to contain it. Apparently, I still come off a little elitist and egotistical. Which is annoying, since I make an effort to listen to everyone and not treat everyone like idiots.

That requires tons of effort.

Still, I'll at least attempt to moderate the humility stuff. Sarcasm is a lost cause, though.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.

Congrats. I had the same stuff happen to me when I was still gainfully employed. It's to do with the eyebrows, it seems. In my case. Apparently.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 98   Go Up