THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 07:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 98   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread 4; Live Free or Blog Hard - 'cos we all like blogging  (Read 543518 times)

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

SO FUCKING GOD DAMN STOKED HOLY SHIT

Brilliant news! Whoo!

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Thanks for all the support, guys! Gaz, as far as 'remembering people on the way to the top' or whatever, I'm already a giant douche, what's there to ruin? :)
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

LET ME SELL YOU BLOW

BOTH KINDS
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy

Interview yesterday.  Not feeling great about it.  I didn't make any major blunders, but I think I failed to impress.  There were some opportunites I missed to talk about my interests as related to the position. 

I guess it depends how poorly everyone else interviewed.

He said they plan on submitting their decision to HR early next week, so I should know by the end of the week if I got it or not. 
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!

WRASSLIN' ON MONDAY.

First though, flying. I don't like flying. Also don't like trains. Why am I going to London? :psyduck: Oh yeah, WRASSLIN'.

Papersatan

<3 flying. 

I mean, the security and hassle that surround it, no, but the flying!

I still fight for a window seat, and stare out at the runway as we lift off with a giddy smile on my face as the ground shrinks away.  That moment when the wheels leave the ground and we are supported by our understanding of physics and our engineering skill.  I think that flight is such an amazing accomplishment! I am sure my crazy love of humanity is evident from other posts by now and I could ramble on forever, but flight... FLIGHT!  It gives me such joy even though I have done it so many times.  The fact that it is so routine to so much of our population is just... a testament to how awesome humans really are. 

I took flying lessons for a year when I was young, and I loved every moment.  There is nothing like pulling back on the controls and leaving the ground.  My biggest problem was staying focused on the task of flying the plane when there was so much to see out side the windows. 

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!

The idea of flying a plane myself sounds awesome. The only bit I don't really like is taking off, also I get a bit travel sick if I let myself. I'm also paranoid the weather will screw us over for delays but hopefully we'll be okay.

Last time I flew was at night. It was so pretty.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.

My mother makes the most disgusting noises on a plane or other vehicle where she can't see out the front. Nothing more than that comes of it, but it still makes me nervous to sit next to her.

Boats, on the other hand...
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Heh!  I just got banned for a week on another forum...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses

Awesome! May we know what heinous crime you perpetrated?
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

I made a comment about a film that is not yet released on DVD until next Wednesday (and so some readers have no knowledge of) which was deemed a spoiler, and which I had not tagged as such.  Of course, now I don't have the opportunity to argue that it was not a significant spoiler, at least no more than the comment in the post before that I was responding to - which post was made by a mod.  I mentioned no plot or characterisation matters, but merely said: "I would argue that it contained some elements of <another film>".  Banning on the forum concerned is instant without any other communication.  To be fair, it was my second such offence (both purely accidental) in only five months...
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2013, 14:56 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?

Well, as unintended violations go, it could be worse. For me, worse would be two traffic tickets.
It does illustrate that there are different ways to run a tight ship. I prefer yours.

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?

<3 flying. 

I mean, the security and hassle that surround it, no, but the flying!

I still fight for a window seat, and stare out at the runway as we lift off with a giddy smile on my face as the ground shrinks away.  That moment when the wheels leave the ground and we are supported by our understanding of physics and our engineering skill.  I think that flight is such an amazing accomplishment! I am sure my crazy love of humanity is evident from other posts by now and I could ramble on forever, but flight... FLIGHT!  It gives me such joy even though I have done it so many times.  The fact that it is so routine to so much of our population is just... a testament to how awesome humans really are. 

I took flying lessons for a year when I was young, and I loved every moment.  There is nothing like pulling back on the controls and leaving the ground.  My biggest problem was staying focused on the task of flying the plane when there was so much to see out side the windows.
I took flying lessons while I was stationed on a couple of Air Force bases, first at a Strategic Air Command base, using an flying club grass runway off to the side. I'd been susceptible to motion sickness, but the flying lessons eliminated it in all modes of transportation, boats included, for a couple of years. A couple of favorite memories: My little Cessna 150 climbing as hard as it could from takeoff, and looking down and to my right, seeing a B-52 leaving the ground at a much slower rate, sort of sliding out from under me. And in the same part of South Dakota, seeing a couple of small clouds ahead, aiming at them and flying through them. My stepfather was an aviation writer who used to ferry Piper Cubs from Lock Haven PA to buyers for the fun of it. Later, he used to look at the airliner he was about to board, shake his head and say, "It'll never fly." He was as amazed as you that it did, that they all did.
In Tucson, my daily happy hour includes a retired AF colonel, a former U-2 pilot who keeps a small plane out there. He took me up a couple of years ago. He did a loop. He did a barrel roll. He asked me if I wanted him to repeat them. I didn't. Being in a small plane was no longer very pleasant.
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2013, 16:25 by Redball »

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses

I made a comment about a film that is not yet released on DVD until next Wednesday (and so some readers have no knowledge of) which was deemed a spoiler, and which I had not tagged as such.  Of course, now I don't have the opportunity to argue that it was not a significant spoiler, at least no more than the comment in the post before that I was responding to - which post was made by a mod.  I mentioned no plot or characterisation matters, but merely said: "I would argue that it contained some elements of <another film>".  Banning on the forum concerned is instant without any other communication.  To be fair, it was my second such offence (both purely accidental) in only five months...

You said that film X was a bit like film Y? Well, I'd expect no better from a charlatan such as yourself :roll:

Papersatan

Went to a BBQ yesterday. I had plans to stay for a few hours and then go to school and get some studying done.  But I had a drink, and then another and then didn't want to leave because this amaaaazing girl.... was hitting on me?

This girl was in a class with me last year, and I thought she was super cool and super hot, but didn't get the vibe that she was 1. into ladies 2. into me. 

Last night was the first time I have seen her drunk though (we actually didn't see each other outside of class much at all), and I am positive she was putting it out there that she does like ladies, and me specifically. She kept telling me not to leave, and who am I to disobey. :D  I don't know if she would act on her feelings sober for a number of reasons, but at least I know there is a possibility now!  She is going to cook me dinner this week, and is going to come out to a bar night I am hosting next week. 

She will be in Michigan for at least another year, and OMG you guys. 

OMG

Now I need to go and get this homework done that I ignored to follow her from the BBQ to a bar to another bar.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

You're a dangerous renegade and you should be locked up.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

Indeed.

:-P

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!

So glad I can get on the forum on my phone. Helped kill a lot of time today.

Valdís

• Duck attack survivor
  • Huggable Huldra

@Welu: I know, right? For some reason when I post on my mobile it doesn't give me that icon you get, though.
Now the sayings of the High One are uttered in the hall
for the weal of men, for the woe of Jötuns,
Hail, thou who hast spoken! Hail, thou that knowest!
Hail, ye that have hearkened! Use, thou who hast learned!

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!

Might be because I mainly use the mobile version.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!

This post is being sent on the full site.

Edit (mobile): Yep. Only the different icon on the mobile site.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

When you each say "on my mobile", do you mean using a mobile browser, or using Tapatalk (or, heaven forbid, the WAP2 version of the forum)?  That could account for the difference.

In other news, the YouTube BBCode now plays nice with smileys.

Valdís

• Duck attack survivor
  • Huggable Huldra

@Paul: Ah, that could be it. I've just been using my mobile's regular browser. Not that it matters, I just happened to notice the icon today.

And indeed it does. Good job. :)
Now the sayings of the High One are uttered in the hall
for the weal of men, for the woe of Jötuns,
Hail, thou who hast spoken! Hail, thou that knowest!
Hail, ye that have hearkened! Use, thou who hast learned!

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese

I use Tapatalk (not using it at the moment) and I haven't seen that icon on any of my posts.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification

I've been using the mobile browser a lot as well and have yet to notice the phone... but then I don't think the code checks if the Internet Explorer that the request is coming from is a mobile one, I guess it will just say "oh IE, compatibility problems ftw!"
And I also wish there was a Tapatalk app for Windows Phone.

mtmerrick

I have never felt the need for a tapatalk app. Chrome for Android, displaying the desktop version of the site, works beautifully.

ackblom12

Tapatalk has completely overtaken forums for me. It actually annoys me to navigate them in browser.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

I don't like the lack of voting, though. And I don't wanna upgrade to TT2 or shell out more in-app just to get that ability.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!

I get redirected to WAP2. I think it's grand for quick browsing and posting. My phone runs on Bada which seems to non-existant outside my phone model.

The main annoying thing is I can't quote people.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

Ooh!  I didn't know anyone used WAP2.  It was just there when I upgraded the forum, and I left it in place and ignored it.  I'm glad it works OK.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy

I thought I would shut up about it but I guess I'm a liar. There's less than 5 hours to go in this competition, if you haven't voted and youdlike to help out, please do so. Vote for Isgahaatt in Sydney and I'll love you forever (but not physically).

http://bit.ly/cradle_of_filth_voting
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

Just dropping in with a few little updates...

My wife's play came in 2nd in regionals - the winner, which went on to nationals, was some bizarre abstract Czech play.  Her play won "audience favorite", which says something about having theater professors as judges...  she personally won the award for achievement in costuming, too, and there were three best acting awards in her cast. 

Dr. Tranny's patient passed away yesterday morning - something snapped in the van (a 2000 Windstar) on the way back from Wal-Mart, and it won't move.  It runs, just no connection in the transmission anymore.  So we're down to one small car and the kindness of friends until we can find a replacement vehicle that we can't afford anyway... towed it back to the house (a friend with a pickup and a tow rope, thank goodness), where it awaits unloading. 

Kinda sad, it was my first real guinea pig.  I did more on this van than any other car I've owned for a long time - first time I changed struts, ball joints, a fuel pump, more electrical work than I can remember... come to think of it, it never was a very good car... OK, not sad anymore. 

And I submitted my first set of lesson outlines for the online math company.  With all the van crap I had to pull an all-nighter to finish it - I'm gettin' too old for this...

Here's hoping it's both coherent, and what they were looking for...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

When you each say "on my mobile", do you mean using a mobile browser, or using Tapatalk (or, heaven forbid, the WAP2 version of the forum)?  That could account for the difference.

I sometimes post from my Android phone (which identifies its useragent as below), and never had that icon, I think.

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; de-de; GT-S5570 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

It looks like it's the forum identifying access using the WAP2 interface.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

So, apparently I am in Mexican television.

This is a screencap I did of a video:

Papersatan

I really hope the girl I was blabbing about the other day who was friendly at that BBQ is still keen when she is sober.  Both nights since then she has been in my dreams.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

I've been using the mobile browser a lot as well and have yet to notice the phone... but then I don't think the code checks if the Internet Explorer that the request is coming from is a mobile one, I guess it will just say "oh IE, compatibility problems ftw!"
And I also wish there was a Tapatalk app for Windows Phone.
(click to show/hide)

It's like they're listening
edit: I hope the image works now
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2013, 03:06 by Masterpiece »

Zingoleb

did you like, hotlink that straight from your email?

mtmerrick

that spoiler'd image wasn't displaying, so i tried to open image in new tab and its trying to get me to log into my windows account.  :psyduck:

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Bought a baselard on Friday, arrived today. This was made for stabbin:

Overall length just shy of 16", blade length 11".
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Zingoleb

Arthur sent me a message trying to get me to go back and live with him so he could get rent from DSS.

I finally snapped and sent him this message:

(click to show/hide)

I am so pissed off at that man. I want to just beat him until he's begging me for mercy, until he's sobbing out every fucking apology he's never made. And after that, I'd love to fucking kill him.

I fucking hate him.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

did you like, hotlink that straight from your email?
oh that's weird.
that spoiler'd image wasn't displaying, so i tried to open image in new tab and its trying to get me to log into my windows account.  :psyduck:
now that's really really weird. I'll go fix it once, you know, I am out of bed.

mtmerrick

uni.

i feel like breaking someone's face right now.

let me help.

please.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

oi oi Primo.
What's up?

mtmerrick

if you guys hear about a violent murder in the temecula valley, that'd me me. physically ripping my mother, the stupidest person on the planet, to shreds.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

Yeah mate, but I can't really help you unless you tell me why.

mtmerrick

nothing much TO help with.... she's a bitch and an idiot. i'm handling her as best i can.

side effect is, i'm feeling quite angry/violent.... *opens Halo* hopefully this'll help....

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

Hmmm. Nothing I can really do there then.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

Anyway I'm going to work now, are you gonna be okay?

mtmerrick

Yeah, I'm actually ok. halo then homestuck has a habit of taking your mind off stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 98   Go Up