THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 98   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread 4; Live Free or Blog Hard - 'cos we all like blogging  (Read 543759 times)

Zingoleb

the word prestidigitation always reminds me of dope hat

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese

Oh my god me too. I hear that line every time I read that word.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

So I quit my bullshit-ass job at PBK today, and very soon, I will be working at Round Table Pizza with three good buddies of mine. I won't have to worry about not being able to get time off to play shows, because my buddies all know that my music is my #1 priority and they support me completely. And I'll be saving up for a small (<400cc) motorcycle to use as my daily driver to and from work.

Things are looking up finally, and I won't have to cancel my big show on Friday.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

Yay!
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Lines

• Awakened

I am still not sure if it was all a trick to get me interested or not, but I was OFFENDED that he wouldn't play the bard I helped him make, and so I insisted on playing it.  I always play something bard-like from a short race.

One of my friend's favorite characters is a bard - a heavy metal tiefling bard. It is by far my favorite character of his and I love that our current campaign allowed him to bring the bard back. (I'm playing one of my favorite characters - badasshalf-orc fighter of badassness. She has a mohawk, skull tattoos, and all of her piercings are made from bones of those she has killed.  :evil: )
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me

Hah. No. I am not even sure how multiclassing works, since levelling up not in the public SRD and I am too lazy to acquire the materials by other means.

Dashing Swordsman is an Order of the Stick reference. You really should read Order of the Stick. Start here.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Loki

• comeback tour!

I don't read A Softer World, and I probably shouldn't.

The only comics I read are, very roughly in order of frequency:

• QC
  • xkcd
  • Scenes from a Multiverse
  • Order of the Stick
  • Goblins
  • Another Gaming Comic
  • Oglaf (occassionally. NSFW)
  • Erfworld
  • Times like this
  • SMBC but usually only if I am drunk
  • Dilbert (sometimes)
  • Ménage à 3 (NSFW)
  • Penny Arcade

Yes, those comics are the only ones I read.

:P

Loki

• comeback tour!

I went grocery shopping for the first time in days. I couldn't get my ass up until today.

Bought ALL THE THINGS. I think.

Ferrero has a new product, gotta try it.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

It's days like thia I wonder how I survived this long. Got in armor and fought 3 times in a row without incident. Be going up the stairs at work. Fall and hit elbow on hand rail. Still hurts 30 mins later.

In other news, my shin that got hit like a month ago now has just a bruise and a big ol lump on the bone that is hard. Bodies, How do they even work?. Because honestly I don't know to an almost comical extent.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy

I just applied to an internship that I really want.  I think my resume and cover letter for it are good.  I am feeling like I put my best self forward, so here is hoping I at least get an interview. It is for a position that is a little outside my specialization, but which I am qualified for.  I would not have applied to it a month ago, but I am high on "Lean In" advice and so I went for it. 

If I get it somehow I will be in California for 3 months starting in less than 3 weeks!

I am so scared about that, but so glad I am putting myself in the running for it. 
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.

[...]bruise[...]
Don't you sword wielders have a convenient number of ice packs lying about? Would help with swelling and pain ...
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Actually we don't because injuries have to be reported so any time you use a first aid kit we have to make a report of it. Also it is bruised but it doesn't hurt anymore, its just sort of there and hurts if I press on it.

Funnily enough what made it stop hurting was warmth, because I broke some veins with the injury so it would swell up a lot when I'd go from sitting to standing and the warmth would help open up the broken veins and let the blood flow better.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
    • Me.

Report? How does this system work? If I get a knock in my classes I deal with it as best I can. There's no reporting done? What makes you so special, is basically what I am saying.
My Art.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

A membership of about 30000 people with maybe 10-15k fighters in the organization that has been around for about 50 years and understands that if someone gets injured (and makes note that they got injured at the time) on private property you need to record that information just in case they decide to file a lawsuit later on. Its pretty much covering all asses involved is all.

Loki

• comeback tour!

Also I imagine the first-aid kits need to be filled up periodically with such a big amount of users.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Well our regional practice only gets about 10-15 heavy fighters max each week, and we don't technically keep a first aid kit on site (there's one at the site, but not provided by us), a couple of us just have them in our cars.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Got called a racist by a guy with a "White Pride World Wide" tattoo on his chest.

His explanation:
Well, you see…. You called me a racist for being prideful of being white, I’m calling you a racist for having pride in yourself. You see, if pride is racist it’s racist in general. There’s no klan man on my chest, there’s no hate speech, nor is there anything racist about the tattoo. So, you being a prejudice Fuck like me, you’re classified as a racist… It works in a 360 “mate”.

I think he also thinks I'm Australian.
 :psyduck:

Loki

• comeback tour!

I, uh. I am. What?  :psyduck:

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

It's okay, wait til he finds out he's an incest baby.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

Got called a racist by a guy with a "White Pride World Wide" tattoo on his chest.

His explanation:
...there’s no hate speech, nor is there anything racist about the tattoo...

completely missed the boat right there, didn't he? 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.

It works in a 360 “mate”.

So he's a racist twice over?
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

I was reading Jace's posting about the man with the racist tattoo (so much less cool than The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo) and it kicked off a process that left me confused.

Why would anyone say "You called me a racist for being prideful of being white"? I thought the adjectival form of the noun "pride" was "proud", not "prideful", but I assumed that racist-tattoo-guy was just ill-educated. Until I looked it up, and sure enough, both my American English and British English dictionaries give "prideful" as the adjective derived from "pride", and "proudness" as the noun derived from "proud". Really? I'm supposed to write "He was prideful of his skill", or "She took proudness in her daughter's performance"? I would say "He was proud" and "She took pride" in those sentences. Have I been doing it wrong?
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

The Shorter Oxford tells me that pride comes from an older word that was also the source of proud. It also uses proud in the examples of the meanings of pride. It says that prideful is chiefly North American.

I would normally use proud and pride as you do. I might use prideful to indicate excessive or unjustified proudness. Proudness I would not use (except it seems I just did without thinking).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr

I agree with your usage. I feel like "prideful" has a disapproving religious aspect to it - it's a sin to be overly prideful, etc.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
    • Me.

I won this on facebook = Miles Davis Quintet - Live In Europe 1969 the bootleg series vol. 2.

My surprise was this: people actually win stuff on facebook? It's basically one big advertisement with likes and shares ... but people actually win??
My Art.

snalin

• You may Baste me

blahrg;

I should have been reading for my exam this weekend, but I played Might and Magic 7 and Blood Bowl instead. It's over a week left, and it's multiple choice so it's probably super easy, but I need to read this book. But it's on internet protocols, and that's super boring! Like, hey, it's neat that TCP works that way, and I guess I need to know that, but... Boring.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification

I won this on facebook = Miles Davis Quintet - Live In Europe 1969 the bootleg series vol. 2.

My surprise was this: people actually win stuff on facebook? It's basically one big advertisement with likes and shares ... but people actually win??
I was cast for an advertisement through Facebook.

Loki

• comeback tour!

The Lumia one?

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.

Welp, I've finished the last assignment for a module that looked really interesting when it started but then got buried under Real Life. It would be a better feeling if I hadn't given up my entire bank-holiday weekend to do it and also had to lose the previous one to do the previous assignment. I also don't think I did as well on this one as all the others, and since it's worth 50% of the whole mark...

On the bright side, while I must pass this one to pass the whole course, I have done well enough in the other assignments to be able to resubmit it if this last one goes down the pan. Because it's only a first-year module I only need 40% to pass and the actual mark doesn't count toward the grade of degree I get. Sleep time.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification

The Lumia one?
yeah. That was some experience :)
« Last Edit: 28 May 2013, 03:32 by Masterpiece »

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

I like how I basically spend 100% of my free time hanging out with my bandmates or 3 other people.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

oh fuck I like how I literally just wrote my first song in over a year about 5 minutes ago holy fuck

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

My coworker is in her cube (diagonal from mine, our cubes are in a + formation) just talking at me and I am grunting at appropriate moments and not listening to a single word she says.

This is my morning.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Loki

• comeback tour!

Is that the coworker you had complained about?

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

Yes. Many, many, many times. Dear lord is that woman annoying.

Which is why I no longer put much effort into listening to her. If it's work related, I will try harder, but if it's personal, I just grunt and see how long it takes her to realize that I'm not paying any attention. It usually takes a while.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

Would she stop sooner if you don't grunt? Or maybe do what I've done (intentionally and accidentally) which is laugh or smile at something that was not to be laughed or smiled at, because I didn't hear what they said and just guessed a reaction.

lepetitfromage

• addicted to the shindig

I have a coworker like that. I can't even tell you how many times she started yammering on and I held up my side of the conversation just alternating between "Oh?", "Uh huh", "Wow" and "Really?". While simultaneously trying to back away.
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

If I ignore her, she just keeps talking and asking if I heard her and what do I think and blah blah blah. I've also tried being nice and telling her I'm busy. The way I do it seems to be the easiest so far. But seriously, can I just punch people? I would think that I wouldn't get in trouble if any law enforcement people just spoke to her for like 10 minutes. They'd understand.

lepetitfromage

• addicted to the shindig

Mine is so self involved that other people's opinions and reactions don't really register with her. She just likes to talk -at- people. Blessing and a curse I suppose.
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Zingoleb

my grandmother is like that. it's kind of a trap, and i'll wait until someone else comes into the room and then slip out and she'll just keep talking at them, not even noticing that it's a different person.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

So my friend Erika is basically my kid sister. She started showing up at the open mic I host at the coffee shop where my bandmate Matt works, and he and I both saw her and said "Kid, you're like a little songbird!" and she's been showing up almost every week since. Anyway, a couple weeks ago another participant brought a mixer and some cameras and out came this video. This is one of Erika's originals and it's probably my favorite of them all.

Loki

• comeback tour!

I was at my psychologist appointment and she ended up giving me addresses of places in this city where I might possibly find a pen&paper RPG group. :parrot:

snalin

• You may Baste me

You apparently have the best psychologist.

Loki

• comeback tour!

See, that's what I think as well. :laugh:

To put it into more context, we were discussing hobbies I could take up to make more social contacts; she asked me what I liked to do and I was like "well, reading fantasy books, I guess." "Is there anything you could do related to this?". I fumbled around a bit and said "well, maybe... does the term pen & paper RPG mean anything to you?" ":) Indeed it does."

We discussed how I could possibly join a group. Turns out she has some player friends and could tell me the name and address of a gaming shop I didn't know yet, where I might be allowed to put up an advert, which I might or might not do.

Carl-E

• Awakened

This is one of Erika's originals and it's probably my favorite of them all.

[awesome youtube clip]

Good lord, she's fantastic.  You are a lucky man, to have a protege like that. 

But then, talent attracts more talent...

ackblom12

So I'm watching Pitch Black for the first time tonight, the ship has just crashed and suddenly there's a bat flying around the living room in a very confused manner. I got some oven gloves, picked it up after it got wore out a bit and took it outside to let it go. It flew off fine, though probably scared shitless and very confused.

I have no idea how it got in here though.

Radical AC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Could use a wish right now
    • bookface

So my friend Erika is basically my kid sister. She started showing up at the open mic I host at the coffee shop where my bandmate Matt works, and he and I both saw her and said "Kid, you're like a little songbird!" and she's been showing up almost every week since. Anyway, a couple weeks ago another participant brought a mixer and some cameras and out came this video. This is one of Erika's originals and it's probably my favorite of them all.

I love that open mic stuff, but never got to playing the acoustic guitar as well as my other instruments.  I am going to try and get to the bay area for my best friends band in the late summer.  They are trying to organize a tour and are playing with some 20 Sided Records bands in the area.  I am moving to Arizona on Monday !!! so after a 15 hour drive I will be all alone with no friends.  I look forward to seeing them then.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

oh my shit, who is it? I've met a bunch of bands associated with 20 Sided, they work with a lot of talented artists. The two from Livermore that used to be most involved with them are outta commission (they shared a lead guitarist and he wound up with medical stuff preventing him from playing basically ever again, which is a god damn shame) but we play with Rubedo whenever they're around. I think we played with the Suggies, and I saw Ugly Winner one time during a QC meetup and wound up getting a 7" split they did with Slow Trucks.

man, I'm glad y'all like Erika's stuff. I was able to catch a bit of the set she played at a restaurant tonight, and she completely killed it. and then she asked me to play a couple songs with her. we did "Rhiannon" by Fleetwood Mac and "Silver Lining" by Rilo Kiley and she killed it on those too. my singing sounded shot to all hell (drank too much with some friends last night and was sick in the morning, neither's really great for yr voice) but who needs backup vocals anyway?
« Last Edit: 30 May 2013, 03:48 by Patrick »

Radical AC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Could use a wish right now
    • bookface

I want to say they are playing with Couches (Slow Trucks other band).  They just played a show together here in Boise last weekend.  During Treefort Music Fest a local bar hosted a 20 Sided Records showcase and I saw Ugly Winner.  They were my favorite band of the entire festival.  They didn't have any merch at the time when I tried to buy some, but I found a 12" of Inside Your Wave at my local record store a week later.  I need to see that band again.  My friends have also played a lot with Tartufi so they might do a show together.  They are still setting it up but plan to stay and play shows for most of a week.

Carl-E

• Awakened

I know, I said I wouldn't be in here much. 

I failed. 

Good news; an old HS friend of my wife's has an older ('97) Dodge Caravan that he's willing to give us for the cost of getting it retitled and registered here. 

Bad news: he lives in Hampton VA (I'm in central PA), and my car won't do the highway until I fix the noisy bearing.  Which I can't do until we get another car... so, greyhound it is! 

Good news: The junkyard'll give $350 for the old van as is!  Just need to empty it now....

Bad news: Someone's been scamming in the name of my daughter's charity, collecting donations from local businesses.  Our contact person found this out while collecting donations for the bike run we're holding this weekend, and getting a lot of "didn't you guys already come here?"  responses.  Some tall, big guy with a large moustache.  Now we get to make police reports...

Good news.  Good news.... fuck, fresh out. 
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 98   Go Up