THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 15:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 98   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread 4; Live Free or Blog Hard - 'cos we all like blogging  (Read 562993 times)

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

Emotional rollercoaster tomorning. Now mighty fine.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss

Yargh, spontaneous invitation to the city's lesbian bar by two girls I met a couple of weeks ago. I have no clothes which seem suitable for going to a bar. I made a joke of it but I genuinely don't know what one wears to a bar when one does not own any jeans (my friend's suggestion) and only has one dress which might be suitable, but is in the laundry basket.

Quick! You must find five products for your head-neck-face region and a feminine top!
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I suspect that perhaps the magazine advice to lesbians might be a bit different. My friend and I were joking about dungarees and flannel shirts (neither of which I have either!).
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Lines

• Awakened

In my experience, it really doesn't matter what you wear if you're going to just have fun. Just wear one of your favorite outfits, because then you feel good and it'll show.

Although iI wish you did have pants because it would be fun to see what butch May looks like. ;)
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Hahaha I don't think butch May exists! I also don't really have favourite outfits, I just have clothes that I don't hate quite as much as other clothes. I've decided on a dress though, I'd forgotten I had it.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Aimless

• Untss untss untss untss

I suspect that perhaps the magazine advice to lesbians might be a bit different. My friend and I were joking about dungarees and flannel shirts (neither of which I have either!).

Oh I dunno, I guess it depends on what you want to signal but the preferences of the few lesbian women I've known have, to the best of my knowledge, been fairly evenly distributed along the butch-feminine scale :o I guess in the end as long as you look and feel kinda relaxed and happy you're fine (not to mention relaxed and happy).
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.

All lesbian woman I have evr met had a preferance for flannel and short, bleached-blonde hair. To the point that I was wondering whether you get handed a uniform or something.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Maybe you just haven't realised that the non-flannel short-hair lesbians were lesbians?

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig

I think if I had to come up with an "All of the lesbians I know wear "X"", I wouldn't be able to come up with anything for "X" that wasn't incredibly general.

Like shoes. Yeah. They all wear shoes.  :-P
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
    • Me.

Maybe you just haven't realised that the non-flannel short-hair lesbians were lesbians?
Must be something like this. But it just strikes me as odd that every one of them that did declare themselves lesbians all basically wore the same. It just leaves you wondering why that is.
My Art.

Loki

• comeback tour!

I think if I had to come up with an "All of the lesbians I know wear "X"", I wouldn't be able to come up with anything for "X" that wasn't incredibly general.

Like shoes. Yeah. They all wear shoes.  :-P

I know a bi girl who sometimes doesn't wear shoes in the summer.
(That's like, a double lesbian, right?)

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

Man, I think I'm going to start ignoring the comic section of the forum again.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

snalin

• You may Baste me

3235 posts, still not a single one in the comics forum! Not quite sure why.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets

You're an elitist? :P
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

snalin

• You may Baste me

Damn right I am!

But I think the extreme toxicity the lower forums had towards the upper forums when I joined kind of seeped in. Also all other forums I've been in has had more enjoyable off-topic sections than on-topic ones.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

But if you had nothing to say about the comic, the question does arise of why you came to join this forum in the first place.  Subsequently finding a greater interest in the wealth of stuff that happens in the rest of the forum is completely understandable, of course.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

snalin

• You may Baste me

Well, I love the comic, and I figured that people who liked it liked cool stuff and might be interesting to talk with.

Like, I often get really well along with other radical people, but I generally don't talk politics with them. If that makes sense.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

OK, I'll buy that.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl

Emotional rollercoaster tomorning. Now mighty fine.

uh oh?
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Fuck Troubador without you. Far as I'm concerned they've made one record and broken up.

I am going to record the second album with them and then call it quits. I've grown weary of working so hard doing literally all the promotional work, the booking, the PR, and having nothing to show for it aside from two bandmates who don't care whether it gets us anywhere or not and a few shiny new wounds to my ego over this bullshit fight. I can't just sit here and want to make a career of this while they don't have any motivation to meet me halfway. We should ALL be going out of our way to make a success of this if we all want it like we say we do, not just push it on the one guy who wants it most.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel

But if you had nothing to say about the comic, the question does arise of why you came to join this forum in the first place.  Subsequently finding a greater interest in the wealth of stuff that happens in the rest of the forum is completely understandable, of course.

I've posted a few times in the comic section, but otherwise generally don't drop in very much even though I read it and the forums pretty much every day. For the most part, I find that I'm much more likely to participate in discussions about a comic on another comic's forum, just because they're generally more casual about it.

I am going to record the second album with them and then call it quits. I've grown weary of working so hard doing literally all the promotional work, the booking, the PR, and having nothing to show for it aside from two bandmates who don't care whether it gets us anywhere or not and a few shiny new wounds to my ego over this bullshit fight. I can't just sit here and want to make a career of this while they don't have any motivation to meet me halfway. We should ALL be going out of our way to make a success of this if we all want it like we say we do, not just push it on the one guy who wants it most.

I agree you need to find others who are as dedicated as you are. I'm so surrounded by people who are pushing hard to make music their life that I almost forget that for most, having it just being a hobby, albeit one they care deeply about, is fine for most people. I really hope you can find some musicians who are on that same wavelength for you. I'm tempted to say move here, but I don't know if it's really any better here or not.

On my own endeavors, a music video I shot/directed/edited for a local artist is going to be dropped/featured on The Big Takeover music site on Monday! Direct link when that happens.  :-D

I've also taken some preliminary steps towards launching my own music site/blog by getting the domain name I wanted: MachineBomb.com. The site will be dedicated to seeking out and indexing local independent acts from an many different cities as possible. The idea is to make it really easy to browse who's playing in any local scene to see what may be good enough to warrant attention. It's going to take a few weeks to figure out how to actually run the site in a way that's manageable and useful, but I think the idea behind it all has enough merit to maybe go somewhere eventually.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

Lines

• Awakened

Well, I love the comic, and I figured that people who liked it liked cool stuff and might be interesting to talk with.

That's why I joined. In all my time here, I have posted up there maybe a handful of times. I read the comic everyday, but I don't feel the need to discuss it here. Like you, I just thought the community seemed interesting. And hey, I've made real friends here, so I feel no loss about not participating in all parts of the forum.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

GarandMarine

• Awakened

I think I posted this elsewhere, but I joined because of the whole Claire thing, so I went South to discuss pretty much directly after PMing Zoe a few times and pestering her with a ton of questions.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

Funnily enough I don't recall posting in the comic section at all. But then we are talking about going on nine years ago.

But those who frequent the comic forum... they uh... take this thing pretty seriously to a sometimes alarming degree.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

You get a certain amount of that in the fandom for anything; and the discussion of the comic here is mere frippery compared with one forum I visit which is still discussing an anime series from 1995 in as heavy a way as you can imagine.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

I'm sure that's true, but I am a tad unsettled by how personally offended some of the folks in there seem to be by Marigold this week.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I sometimes find it odd that people can dislike a cartoon character, but since I don't find it odd that people can like a cartoon character that's perhaps illogical.

Loki

• comeback tour!

overwhelming stuff. gotta let myself fall. be offline. relax. sleep. goodnight.

The Seldom Killer

• Only pretending to work
  • More witless shite ----->

I sometimes find it odd that people can dislike a cartoon character, but since I don't find it odd that people can like a cartoon character that's perhaps illogical.

Depends how you define logic. Logic in terms of simple facts and cold calculation? Probably illogical. Logic in terms of the myriad complexities of humans and their nature? Very logical. Something in the area of anthropomorphisation and projection.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

overwhelming stuff. gotta let myself fall. be offline. relax. sleep. goodnight.

If you need to talk to somebody, you can always send me a PM.
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

I'll extend the same offer, Loki, to you or anyone here. We've all had our trying times. Trip as much as you gotta, we got you.

Loki

• comeback tour!

Thanks guys. I return the offer.

The day was not bad, it was just mentally (and also physically) challenging and I didn't realize until it was over.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification

I just realized there's a school opposite of the building I'm living in. Today I heard someone do that "hot dayuhm" whistle outside, so I checked and saw a whole class of teenagers look towards my window. I wasn't wearing anything.

I have no regrets

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

I just realized there's a school opposite of the building I'm living in. Today I heard someone do that "hot dayuhm" whistle outside, so I checked and saw a whole class of teenagers look towards my window. I wasn't wearing anything.

I have no regrets

Nice. Just don't rub it against the window next time.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
    • Me.

... how long have you lived there?
My Art.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

it's my fifth month?

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
    • Me.

And you never noticed a school?
My Art.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Yeah... scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the Death Star, a school ranks in at a solid 8, large and noisy, hard to miss.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Be wary, in some places I'm pretty sure you could get arrested for indecent exposure in those circumstances (I don't think you should be able to, but that doesn't mean that you won't).

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel

The music video I directed and talked about upstream is now top story on The Big Takeover music site!  :-D Free download of the song as well from Sherman Baker. A fun and simple shoot that takes the bedroom music video to a slightly more sophisticated level via editing.

I need to do more of these. It's one of those things that even when I'm learning new ways of doing things, I feel really confident that I'm going to get a good result because I've developed an innate feel for what a music video should look like, so I seem to be able to get great results despite practically zero budget (on this one, the artist rented the costumes and paid me a fee, but other than that, it was just us).
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
    • Me.

3 AM, I wake up to a searing pain in my eye. Turns out that the wounds I have had on my eye never fully heal, really, and on occassion the 'scab' for lack of a better term, might move a bit on top of the eye. This can cause discomfort. Who knew? Also: there's nothing to be done about that.

Fine now. Of course.
My Art.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper

Must be something like this. But it just strikes me as odd that every one of them that did declare themselves lesbians all basically wore the same. It just leaves you wondering why that is.

Idly, I wonder "declared to whom?"

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

It's on the other side of a main road and it honestly looked like an office building, tall, no school yards...

Then again, judging by popular culture, schools look different in the states.

I'd hardly call it indecent exposure, I'm on the top floor behind a window you'd have to peek into and it's not like I was on the balcony swinging my schwing schwong towards their general direction.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Hmm in that case, perhaps THEY will be arrested for snooping! ;)

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

I started my new job at BevMo! yesterday and it's fantastic. I am already making friends with all the staff, and the customers generally seem to like me. Plus, a significant portion of the latter are attractive women. And the best part is, I card everyone who looks young, and there's cougary ladies who absolutely love it. They think I'm flirting when really I'm just trying to keep my job. Some of em flirt back! It's pretty great.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Dude just tell the cougars you're a troubled young musician, you'll have a sugar momma in no time.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Fuck sleep schedules!

I'm sitting at university. I'm finished with the exercise sheet which is due today. I also received solutions for the exercise sheet due on Thursday and the exercise sheet due on Friday. It's 07:52, and I'm going to go to the Fachschaft for breakfast and for my session later. I intend to go to bed at around 13:00. This pushes my sleep schedule even further, as I got up at 17:00 yesterday. Yep. My sleep schedule is as fucked as it can be.

Anyway. I'm not completely tired yet, so sitting in the Fachschaft for a few more hours shouldn't be a problem. And: I won't have much trouble with exercise sheets this week! Woo! (I don't intend to copy the solutions I was given, but the solutions for the whole exercise sheet fit on a single page, and the guys here figured it out in under thirty minutes. I doubt that this one will give me much trouble. The sheet for Friday shouldn't be problematic either, as they needed only an hour to get to a solution, and it's the course where I'm having relatively little trouble with following.

I don't have to get to University this evening. How cool is that!

Loki

• comeback tour!

And you are on Christmas vacation next week!

(I think. You are, right?)

I know I am.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

I'll go home (as in where I grew up) on Monday. I just don't know, whether we'll have another linear algebra sheet due until Monday. I hope not.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy

Ok so remember when I said this?

Didn't get in to university.

Well what I didn't mention was that I was put on a waiting list, meaning if someone was offered a place and rejected it then I might be offered their place instead, depending on where I was on the waitlist.

I got an email today saying that I've been accepted into the Master of Clinical Psychology at CQ University. I'm moving to the middle of nowhere. I'm going to get to do with my life what I want to do.

Also today I presented the data of the program I've been running this year to the head Social Worker at the NSW Department of Health. He asked me to write, publish and present a paper on it.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 98   Go Up