Fun Stuff > ENJOY

Webcomic Discussion Thread!

(1/173) > >>

TheCollyWolly:
I figure it's time we had ourselves a place to hang out and discuss other webcomics around here, since that's a uniting interest of literally everyone on here. So here it is: anything webcomic-related you'd like to talk about, just throw it out there.

So what do you read? I know there are some people on the MAKE subforum that do comics, anyone feel like plugging one they do?

I've been slowly grinding through some of Dave Willis's old stuff. It's Walky is goofy but totally awesome.

Thrillho:
Undoubtedly my favourite webcomic ever is Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal.

I've not added the ones I like to favourites, but I clicked 'random' a few times and came up with this one:
http://www.smbc-comics.com/?db=comics&id=758#comic

The only time it doesn't make me laugh is if it's one of the really conceptual sciencey comics that I don't understand. Any time I GET the jokes, which is maybe 98% of the time, it's hilarious.

I also love the way he tends to pile punchlines on top of punchlines, like when the comic was a guy sat next to a tombstone with the name 'Frank' on it, and he's drinking and saying 'We had some good times though, right Frank?' Then the caption says: 'Me and my buddy Frank love finding tombstones with our name on it then drinking by them and pretending the other one's dead. Or at least, we USED to, until Frank died.'

I've been reading Penny Arcade for the last decade, and it's been going another five more years in front of that, so it's pretty insane.

It's not as much... FUN as it used to be. A lot of their really high-concept stuff like Automata is brilliant, but it just isn't that funny any more, generally speaking.

I'll always read a new one, though.

I also quite liked Super Effective, but it updates so infrequently I don't really like endorsing it.

And lastly, 2002-2004 my brother wrote a webcomic called Stickman Stickman (http://stickman.qntm.org/comics.php?n=0) which I always really liked although I think he feels like it was shitty these days. I disagree. I think it's pretty funny, and when he starts dealing with bigger storylines down the line I think it gets quite awesome.

Pilchard123:
I have *counts* thirteen comics that I read on a daily/bi-daily basis. In no particular order:

Atomic Laundromat

Girl Genius

Schlock Mercenary

The Whiteboard

PvP

Gunnerkrigg Court

Weregeek

Sam & Fuzzy

General Protection Fault

Heavenly Nostrils

The Order of the Stick

XKCD

Yes, I know there's only twelve there. Do I really have to spell out the thirteenth?

Welu:
I would get links but in class right now and writing this quick.

I've a fair few comics but most are ones I'm still catching up on. My current binge is Something Positive, think I've caught up to 2007.

I'm a big fan of Girl With Slingshots. Only been reading it since last year but it quickly became amazing to me.

The Abbadon which is sometimes NSFW but the art and story is surreal feeling.

Oglaf which I used to never laugh at but still read and now it's one of the few comments that properly makes me laugh almost every update.

A couple I read but don't stay as caught up as I should include Surviving The World, Basic Instructions, All New Issues, Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, Awkwad Zombie, xkcd and there's more but I don't have access to my bookmarks.

Blue Kitty:
I think we've had this thread before, but honestly it died a long time ago.

I read way too many webcomics, including Penny Arcade, Girls with Slingshots, QC, Bad Machinery, A Softer World, Johnny Wander, Guilded Age, Octopus Pie, Shortpacked, Homestuck, and Wasted Talent among others. I made a list to try and keep up with them all, the older one had at least 100 of them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version