Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 24 Sep 2018, 13:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down

Author Topic: Webcomic Discussion Thread!  (Read 80628 times)

Case

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
Re: Webcomic Discussion Thread!
« Reply #800 on: 20 Nov 2017, 07:00 »

"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"There is nothing normalizing about being hit in the head with a dildo by a little robot with orb hands." - SmilingCat

BenRG

• comeback tour!
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #801 on: 26 Dec 2017, 23:20 »

I'm not sure if I've done so before but I wanted to give a recommendation for David C Simon's Crimson Dark. It's a very engaging sci-fi story with great characters, an engaging plot (with ever more complicated politicking for the future of the galaxy) and, IMO, the best original starships and space combat art I've seen in an independent webcomic.

What makes CD that much more interesting is that Mr Simon is an 'Imagineer', a creative desinger for Lucasfilm, a position he got after this webcomic caught the attention of recruiters. When you read the comic and compare it to Clone Wars, Rebels and Rogue One you can see Mr Simon's creative fingerprints on the U-Wing shuttle, the Hammerhead-class frigate, the MC75 cruiser and most of the non-Trade Federation fleet of the Confederacy of Independent Systems.

So, I would argue that this isn't just a good webcomic, it's the portfolio of one of the top creative minds in the current Star Wars SFX team!
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #802 on: 27 Dec 2017, 20:36 »

holey fucking shit!  :( 

Danielle's twitter (his wife)

the Goblins Animated indiegogo campaign, which just got fully funded one day before. yay?

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #803 on: 11 Jan 2018, 16:14 »

Finally all caught up on Poppy, and boy am I in for one hell of a fight

LTK

« Reply #804 on: 09 Feb 2018, 14:28 »

If anyone's ever wondered about the story behind Jeph's tattoos, it seems that now you can find out.

BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT: I have a Bird and Moon comics collection coming out on April 17th through Andrews McMeel!

This book contains a poem in praise of botany, a foreword by the wonderful Jeph Jacques that includes a story about tattoos, and an exhaustive index of every species in every comic because Im a nerd like that.

I showed my advance copy to a discerning test reader and she described it as delicious.

Preorder here!

From Bird and Moon.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Castlerook

• Older than Moses
  • Captain Sarcastic
« Reply #805 on: 11 Feb 2018, 20:50 »

Wanting to promote a friend's comic because really, she deserves it.

Arcane Eon.

What is Arcane Eon you ask? Well in the words of the creator herself:
"Arcane Eon is an art deco/art nouveau inspired action adventure fantasy online comic, free for everyone to read! It is about love, loss, and uncovering truth, both personal and forgotten. It will take readers to many corners of the world of Arcane Eon, unraveling the hidden nature of magic, and what that means for each of them and everyone else."

Seriously, check it out.
Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart but I am street smart.", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I am imaginary smart."

JoeCovenant

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #806 on: 12 Feb 2018, 02:42 »

Arcane Eon.

"Arcane Eon is an art deco/art nouveau inspired action adventure fantasy online comic, free for everyone to read! It is about love, loss, and uncovering truth, both personal and forgotten. It will take readers to many corners of the world of Arcane Eon, unraveling the hidden nature of magic, and what that means for each of them and everyone else."

Seriously, check it out.

Looks intriguing... but the site needs better navigation.
(unless I'm just not seeing it) there are no, "go to next comic" buttons...

Having to go from comic to archive page, to comic link, to comic, and back again - doesn't lend to a nice flow for catching up.

(First World Problems, huh?)  :)
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

LTK

« Reply #807 on: 12 Feb 2018, 03:26 »

Storybundle has a webcomics bundle for sale! Well worth a couple dollars for the SMBC book, Derelict, and Discord. $15 gets you the rest. They're mostly ebook versions of comics that are already published for free, but there are a few bonuses:

Quote from: Derelict author
This is currently the only place one can get a digital version of book 1, which includes exclusive material like the Guide to Miasmics and the short comic Dang Thu Mai has a Nice Day

Quote from: Science: Ruining Everything Since 1543 description
This is a compendium of the finest science-related strips from SMBC, featuring science stories from Phil Plait, Elizabeth Iorns Henry Reich, Ed Yong, Emily Lakdawalla, Sean Carroll, Christina Agapakis, and Adam Savage.

Quote from: Ava's Demon description
Each book contains 500 panels of content along with art and making-of sections, including stills from the animated portions of the comic.

The rest are collections just as they'd appear on the website. I actually haven't read any of these comics other than the three with bonus content I mentioned above, anyone else have any thoughts on the rest?

(Psst, Joe, you can use the arrow keys to navigate Arcane Eon.)
« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2018, 03:32 by LTK »
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Castlerook

• Older than Moses
  • Captain Sarcastic
« Reply #808 on: 12 Feb 2018, 07:28 »

Arcane Eon.

Seriously, check it out.

Having to go from comic to archive page, to comic link, to comic, and back again - doesn't lend to a nice flow for catching up.

If you're on a desktop or laptop, you can use the left or right key to go to the previous or next comic.
If you're on a tablet, you can tap the comic to move onto the next.
Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart but I am street smart.", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I am imaginary smart."

JoeCovenant

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #809 on: 12 Feb 2018, 08:13 »

Arcane Eon.

Seriously, check it out.

If you're on a desktop or laptop, you can use the left or right key to go to the previous or next comic.
If you're on a tablet, you can tap the comic to move onto the next.

SWEET !!!
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

LeeC

• Who?! What?! What?! What?! Who?!
« Reply #810 on: 12 Mar 2018, 08:00 »

Does anyone else here read Eagle Ordinary?

Chapter 3 just finished, and I almost didn't notice the dreading cliffhanger it was. :psyduck:
(click to show/hide)
Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • Older than Moses
« Reply #811 on: 12 Mar 2018, 10:59 »

Huh. I hadn't really noticed. Scars are so common and Brighton hasn't appeared in so long I didn't even think about it. Unfortunately that means the answer to the problem just became a lot more extreme. If it continues to spread, the most extreme. Well, second most behind a galaxy-scouring civil war again I suppose.

Castlerook

• Older than Moses
  • Captain Sarcastic
« Reply #812 on: 12 Mar 2018, 12:48 »

Considering the setting and how quickly things can get messed up within it, I do believe that LeeC is right.

LeeC

« Reply #813 on: 13 Mar 2018, 06:36 »

Whats worse is I think Holt called his inquisitor contact too (at Talon's request)... :psyduck:

Things are going to get worse before they get better.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • Older than Moses
« Reply #814 on: 13 Mar 2018, 07:46 »

That's not quite true. It's the 40k universe. Nothing ever gets better, just worse until you die.

Castlerook

• Older than Moses
  • Captain Sarcastic
« Reply #815 on: 13 Mar 2018, 08:28 »

And even then, death is just the beginning of a whole new kind of suffering.

LeeC

« Reply #816 on: 13 Mar 2018, 09:41 »

I kind of got spoiled on what will happen a bit ago, so I know some interesting plot points that will come up, but the anticipation on how we get there and the aftershocks is leaving me impatient for the next chapter.

LTK

« Reply #817 on: 28 Apr 2018, 05:46 »

I can't believe how Poppy went from "heartwarming humanized animal hijinks" to "TOP TEN ANIME BETRAYALS THAT SHOOK THE UNIVERSE"

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #818 on: 11 Jun 2018, 14:55 »

Guilded Age has finally ended!

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #819 on: 11 Jun 2018, 17:24 »

The Rock Cocks, which as you might guess by the name is very, very not safe for work, is having some amazing art the last few pages.
Dogs are fuzzy. :wow:
~They/Their/Them~

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #820 on: 27 Jun 2018, 18:35 »

The Webcomic List is the way I try to keep up on my favorite webcomics, but lately it's been slacking. Like it'll just stop tracking some comics all together, making me forget that I actually read them and have to catch up on them. Is there another website like it that tracks webcomics I could use?

LTK

« Reply #821 on: 10 Jul 2018, 05:19 »

Re: Poppy. Is everyone in Eggton secretly a badass??

LTK

« Reply #822 on: 17 Aug 2018, 02:14 »

Hey, is anyone else getting 'connection refused' from ohnorobot? Some of the comics I read rely on it, I'm not sure if it's broken.

Tova

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Friendshipper
« Reply #823 on: 19 Aug 2018, 00:38 »

Yes, I am.
It's all about the jokes!

LeeC

« Reply #824 on: 23 Aug 2018, 12:30 »

Found this on imgur. I quite like the art style.
https://imgur.com/gallery/tE6wXjY

Its called "Hopping Gills"
https://hoppinggills.com/page/25
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up