THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: The Make-Up Thread: Because we all like to feel pretty sometimes  (Read 48897 times)

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig

D'awwwww thanks! Making me blush  :-D

Removing makeup is yet another reason that I only wear it once in a while. It's not even that it takes long, it just adds another step. Although, I do love Neutrogena's oil free makeup remover. I tried Clean & Sober from Urban Decay and I didn't like it as much. Maybe that's why they discontinued it  :-P

Re: mascara- I LOVE L'oreal's Double Extend. I've tried so many and none even come close to comparing. Every once in a while I'll buy a different one to try out and always go back to this. There are a few different ones available but I like this one the most.
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese

I already have long lashes so I feel weird putting on mascara... like they're almost too voluminous?
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

CrowFairy

• Scrabble hacker
  • I've been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku

The girl I mentioned is 21, by the way. I've seen the trend with middle-aged women, and I think I might know someone else in their twenties that's had it done. I get not wanting to deal with the hassle, but ow. That's....dedication?

I have long lashes too, so I haven't tried mascara yet. I got a big make-up kit for Christmas that has these bottles that claim to be mascara, but they look like oblong nail polish bottles. I can't quite figure out how to do it because the brush doesn't look like what I've seen mascara brushes to look like.

And lepetitcheese, your face is very striking. :)
Both the hope and destroyer of worlds. Feel lucky?

Formerly LoliButt.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr

I wear glasses and my eyelashes are long enough to touch the lenses so I don't usually wear mascara. But I found a video tutorial a couple months ago on eye makeup to do with glasses so I've been doing that. And today I wore makeup and felt pretty and took a picture!
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

I love the lip color! I can't do much of anything on my lips... it just looks weird. Here's my attempt today...

what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr

Thanks! It's a combo of Cover Girl lipstick "Hipster" and some sparkly-ish pink berry-flavored lip gloss I got at Forever 21, I think.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

I think I can pull off lip gloss best. Lipstick is weird feeling, too. I decided to add another layer to my eye makeup, I dunno if I like it.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
  • Professional Beep Booper

Quite serious, it looks. Also, your pupils are VERY contracted...
Worry Hat, Engage!

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

It's really bright in here, despite one of the overhead lights going out.

Zingoleb

Nice limbal ring you got going on there.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

Thank you? I remember when it started showing up, and I hated it. I'm still iffy on it, to be honest.

Zingoleb

Why? It's/you're gorgeous.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

You crazy

Zingoleb

Yes, and everyone knows that, but that doesn't affect my sight.  :-P

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

DAMN YOU AND YOUR LOGIC

Zingoleb

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

Alright, you two, just go get a (chat) room already. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand

But I thought this was the feeling pretty thread? Why would we banish these pretty feelings! :o

That said, what's a limbal ring?

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.

its the dark outline around the colored part of the eye. Apparently they fade with age? idk..

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor

Limbal rings are the shit.

Figuratively.
Worry Hat, Engage!

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I wore quite a lot of eyeliner and mascara to a dinner last night (I looked pretty! I was very pleased with my makeup attempts) and then remembered I didn't have any makeup remover. So I scrubbed it off with soap on a flannel. And woke up with black eyes. Think I need to buy some makeup removing wipes...
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor

So I scrubbed it off with soap on a flannel. And woke up with black eyes.

Pics or it didn't happen. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, flannel is TERRIBLE for makeup removal...it's like trying to brush your hair using a grill-cleaning brush.
Worry Hat, Engage!

Papersatan

Most makeup comes off pretty easily with oil.  If you have any oil suitable for use on the skin (olive oil should work) I find it easier to use that and cotton ball to get most of it off. 
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Ooo that's useful to know. My stepmum has given me some facial wipes, so I will use those next time, but when they run out and I forget to get more, which will definitely happen, I do have olive oil. No cotton wool though.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

Toilet paper can generally work just as well, though as far as I know, cotton balls or pads are generally super cheap.

Carl-E

• Awakened

My daughter, for a "fire and ice" photo shoot.  My wife did the makeup, including the rhinestones.  She was a professional makeup artist for several years. 

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker

Whoa, gorgeous.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

I agree, gorgeous!!

dr. nervioso

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • No more Mr. Nice Bitch

Oh
My
God

That is beautiful
this forum is slowly decomposing into butts and kitties

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

Very beautiful!

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek

Yn bendant hardd!
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand

Anyone ever found a good way to not mess up your eyeshadow too badly if something starts causing your eyes to water?

Zingoleb

Look straight down. Gravity will cause your tears to accumulate right in the centre of your eye, and when you blink, it'll fall straight away from you without mussing up your makeup.

CrowFairy

• Scrabble hacker

If you have a tissue or something, could you possibly dab at your eyes? Works better if you don't have anything on your lower lid, of course, but that was what came to mind.

Formerly LoliButt.

CrowFairy

• Scrabble hacker

More make-up than I know what to do with. (Of course, I couldn't help myself and bought the lipstick and purple eyeliner today... >_>)

I also have a few scattered eyeshadows and nail polishes that I don't know the exact location of. And the stuff that's missing is with those things. Still no clue how to work the mascara things because they don't make sense. I don't know why the brush looks like the kind you find in a nail polish bottle. :/

Formerly LoliButt.

Papersatan

Are you positive it is mascara and not liquid eyeliner?  I have no idea how mascara would work with out something that looks something like the traditional brush, but liquid liner sometimes comes int tubes like mascara. 

CrowFairy

• Scrabble hacker

Erm, you're probably right. I don't really get how liquid eyeliner works, and it was the most mascara-y thing in the box. ^.^;; I guess the brush I have misplaced is probably an eyelash curler then? It's the one that goes in the empty slot on the far right, top half. It looks sort of like a stick with a comb attached to it.

Formerly LoliButt.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr

I've seen those brushes called eyebrow combs. Eyelash curlers are those scary looking contraptions with scissors-style handles.

lepetitfromage

• addicted to the shindig

Yep, they are definitely eyebrow combs. I found those incredibly helpful when I was shaping/tweezing/fucking with my eyebrows. Now I'm sporting the....."natural" look, but I used to just clean up the strays near the bottom, then holding the comb with the teeth up, I'd trim the little bit that stuck out of the comb. Gave them a really nice, sleek look without the stress of making sure I was tweezing evenly on both sides. I'm not sure if I'm explaining that well.....

Is it weird that talking about grooming my eyebrows makes me want to groom my eyebrows?  :-P
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Carl-E

• Awakened

Not at all weird. 

Pretty normal, in fact.  It's the way our brains work. 

CrowFairy

• Scrabble hacker

I have really fine eyebrows, so I guess that's useless for me. >_< I have literally never had eyebrow issues. So that's good to know so I don't try to use that for something else. :P

I've seen those eyelash curler things before but wasn't sure if there were other ways to do it, too. Are they as scary as they look?

Formerly LoliButt.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

Those brushes can be good for combing clumps out of eyelashes as well.

I've never needed an eyelash curler but from what I've seen they're simple enough to use, and not scary at all!

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.

Eyelash curlers are simple enough, but it is very important to remember to open the curler before you take it away from your eye. Otherwise you spend about a month without eyelashes.

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?

That sounds painful. They don't leave without a fight, do they?

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

It's surprisingly painless to remove eyelashes. I have a couple that grow out of line and I hate them, so I pluck them. It mostly just feels weird because it pulls my eyelid away from my eye.

Papersatan

Today I did purple eyes, to go with my green shirt for mardi gras.

This is at the end of the day, and from a web cam

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor

Works well over the course of the day. Have you tried...uhh...dammit, I forget the name of it. I think it's by Maybelline, it's a 4-part eyeshadow kit with complmenting colors...I'll find it somewhere around here.
Worry Hat, Engage!

Papersatan

I've not.

This was a light pink from Rimmel, a light purple from Ulta and two Maybeline Purples.  Then the liner was a bright purple and then the darkest purple of the shadows.  The l'Oreal false fiber mascara. 

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

Very pretty! I always look silly if I try to do the "smoky eye" look.

catflea

• Obscure cultural reference

I am liking this thread!

I've not been wearing makeup much lately as my skin has been pretty awful and I've been wanting to minimise the potential for spots.   Slung a white chocolate face pack on last night though and my skin was pretty good this morning so just did some basic foundation and lipstick.   I dont use mascara or eye shadow on a day to day basis, I tend to save them for going out at night.

I do like playing with my nails though,  I generally repaint them once a week or so. at the moment they are painted in Rimmel "Hot Shot" which is a bright pink colour - purely by accident it matches my top today...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up