THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 10:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Watch_dogs  (Read 20038 times)

ackblom12

Watch_dogs
« on: 21 Feb 2013, 10:37 »

So yeah, this game. It's been officially announced for PC, PS3 and PS4 and I'm so damn excited. This is the newest trailer for it.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
Re: Watch_dogs
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2013, 11:48 »

I'm super stoked for this game, but platform availability seems really confused at the moment. Lots of places are saying it's a PS4 exclusive but all seem to be saying it's hitting current gen consoles & PC too.

ackblom12

« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2013, 12:07 »

I'm imagining that it might end up much like the transition between the Xbox and the 360, where some games were on both and it was 50/50 as to who felt more ripped off. If it does end up being on both the 3 and 4, I imagine the playability on the PS4 might be insanely better, what with the ridiculous increase in RAM. I can't imagine Ubi is going to pass up a PC release, even if they force uPlay on us. Especially since the PS4 and probably the next Xbox are essentially just dedicated PC architectures. uPlay is horrible, but I'd be willing to put up with it to play this game.

Edit: And also, Wii U has definitely been confirmed as a release console, so it's likely all of them.
« Last Edit: 21 Feb 2013, 12:47 by ackblom12 »

ackblom12

« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2013, 13:08 »

Also, the ending of that video confirms a PS3 release, so it's probably gonna be the full round of current and next gen.
« Last Edit: 21 Feb 2013, 13:51 by ackblom12 »

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar 2013, 02:42 »

Game stop has informed me that Watchdogs is out for PS3, 4, Xbox 360, PC and most likely NextBox as well. Color me excited this game is tied with Remember Me for my most anticipated of the year.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2013, 06:52 »

Unless I somehow get a PS4, I'll probably pick this up on PC. Looks interesting.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #6 on: 12 Apr 2013, 17:39 »

Oh, this is on xbox. Nice. Now where did I put my credit card. . . .
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #7 on: 12 Apr 2013, 21:01 »

My pre-order is in. Gimme <3 between Watch Dogs and Remember Me, I'm gonna spend a couple weeks inside this fall,
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #8 on: 13 Apr 2013, 00:26 »

Damn, and I have Total War Rome 2 coming out as well.

And a full series mass effect playthrough. . .

AND I wanna play some more Skyrim. . .

. . . .

I think there are support groups for this, right?
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #9 on: 13 Apr 2013, 00:28 »

They used to be called LAN parties as I recall.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #10 on: 13 Apr 2013, 03:36 »

Nah, that was more like going to a flop house with a rock of crack.

Bellyfish

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #11 on: 17 Apr 2013, 01:20 »

This is going to be the most awesome game to come out in the future, besides BF4 and GTAV of course  :lol:
I'll definitely have to upgrade my hardware if I wan to enjoy any of them...
sure you do

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #12 on: 29 Apr 2013, 13:45 »

Release date has been pinned for Nov 22nd. It is unknown when they will announce the delay for the PC version.

Hope it doesn't suck!
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #13 on: 29 Apr 2013, 13:46 »

Why would there be a delay?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #14 on: 29 Apr 2013, 13:50 »

Because Ubisoft always delays their PC versions. Always.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #15 on: 29 Apr 2013, 13:51 »

Makes sense. They need the extra few weeks to make sure they're unplayable.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ackblom12

« Reply #16 on: 29 Apr 2013, 16:10 »

New trailer!

He has a very Rorschach feel to his voice and attitude.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #17 on: 29 Apr 2013, 16:53 »

Holy shit I want it.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #18 on: 29 Apr 2013, 16:54 »

Concur, I NEED this game.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #19 on: 29 Apr 2013, 19:53 »

*Throws wallet at screen* Want, WAAAAANNNNTTTT!!!!

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #20 on: 30 Apr 2013, 15:47 »

"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #21 on: 30 Apr 2013, 16:09 »

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Parkour Lewis

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Does my butt look bigger on the inside?
« Reply #22 on: 30 Apr 2013, 22:56 »

I saw a commercial for this yesterday and thought it was a coolest thing that I didn't know fuck-all about.

Want this game now.  Like the roses want the rain.
When heaven's in the music, Hell is in control.
The Angels got the phonebox but the Devil's got the rock and roll.

ackblom12

« Reply #23 on: 11 Jun 2013, 23:55 »

Penny Arcade Report article talking about interviewing the head of development.

Watch Dogs forces you to sit back and watch crimes happen if you want to be a hero
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2013, 00:52 by ackblom12 »

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #24 on: 12 Jun 2013, 03:07 »

Penny Arcade Report article talking about interviewing the head of development.

Watch Dogs forces you to sit back and watch crimes happen if you want to be a hero

Oooooh! Jinkies is that an actual moral choice system I see? I wonder how much freedom to intervene we'll have. For example, you know a guy is going to murder person X, can you slash the bad guy's tires or something to delay them, then warn person X? There's about to be a home invasion, the home has a security system, can you hack it and trigger the alarm before the bad guys even reach the door? Or do you just have to swing in and handle things Big Brother Batman style?

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #25 on: 12 Jun 2013, 14:38 »

That. . . that would all be awesome.

ocamlmycaml

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #26 on: 13 Jun 2013, 22:01 »

Oh man, I am so pumped for this game, mostly because you don't get too many games set in Chicago.  I've just been waiting for an open world game where I get to walk around my own city.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #27 on: 13 Jun 2013, 22:14 »

ThomasEll

• Plantmonster
« Reply #28 on: 14 Jun 2013, 03:07 »

This looks so good, pretty much everything that I'm seeing about it is stuff that I want in a game.

ackblom12

« Reply #29 on: 14 Jun 2013, 03:20 »

I'm a little concerned how well they can deliver on their own promises with this game, but I'm pretty excited in spite of that.

Edguy

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Takin' care of business!
    • My facebook page
« Reply #30 on: 14 Jun 2013, 05:19 »

I'm a little concerned how well they can deliver on their own promises with this game, but I'm pretty excited in spite of that.

Yeah, I struggle to see the game world being as advanced and organic as the videos give the impressions of, especially considering it's coming for the old generation as well.

Also, I can't really seem to get excited about it. I look at Watch-Dogs, and I think "man, this is the shit, I should totally be hyped for this".. Guess I'm more of a fantasy/science fiction kind of guy.
I dunno..

ackblom12

« Reply #31 on: 14 Jun 2013, 05:21 »

You might mean Space Opera more so than Sci-Fi, cause Watch_dogs is a pretty obvious Sci-Fi setting.

Edguy

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Takin' care of business!
    • My facebook page
« Reply #32 on: 14 Jun 2013, 05:57 »

Yeah, maybe, but when I think sci-fi, I generally think a little more removed from today's technological standpoint. Watch_Dogs is almost a contemporary game.
I dunno..

ackblom12

« Reply #33 on: 14 Jun 2013, 06:02 »

Well, the thing is is that what Sci-Fi looks like has changed over the last few decades due to the ridiculously fast pace of tech progression. Thankfully, the Fiction side of sci-fi is making a comeback lately, but think something like Margaret Atwood's Oryx & Crake. Really obvious sci-fi despite 99% of the tech existing or being really near future at most. Technology is important to sci-fi, but what's most important is the story about how we react to it as a society and why.
« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2013, 06:09 by ackblom12 »

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #34 on: 14 Jun 2013, 10:42 »

It's easy to start thinking about all the things this game could be - Deus Ex, for example - but doing that inevitably leads to disappointment, so I'm going to assume it's completely unremarkable until we actually find out.

ackblom12

« Reply #35 on: 15 Oct 2013, 11:46 »

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #36 on: 15 Oct 2013, 11:56 »

If I had any regret left of deciding to replace my PS3 instead of getting a launch PS4 that regret disappeared.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #37 on: 15 Oct 2013, 13:04 »

With regard to Watch Dogs, the development team said "We struggled with whether we would delay the game. But from the beginning, we have adopted the attitude that we will not compromise on quality. As we got closer to release, as all the pieces of the puzzle were falling into place in our last push before completion, it became clear to us that we needed to take the extra time to polish and fine tune each detail so we can deliver a truly memorable and exceptional experience."

I'm alright with this for a couple of reasons -
1. I can wait to pay for it with my tax return.
2. I really want this to be as close to perfect as it can be.

I'm glad they're taking the time to get it complete, and more importantly, right.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #38 on: 15 Oct 2013, 13:19 »

Well, it kinda smarts that I already preordered it, but I am glad that they went with making sure it came out a quality product. I guess I'll just slide the money over onto my Xbox one preorder.

ackblom12

« Reply #39 on: 15 Oct 2013, 13:22 »

Yeah, I'm perfectly fine with a delay. I'm actually kind of glad it's something that some of the bigger publishers seem to be more willing to do now days, even if it's mere weeks before the expected release.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #40 on: 08 May 2014, 05:52 »

So 27 May on this one, looks like they're gonna keep it too.

A reminder that the original trailer informs us that we get to take down human traffickers amongst other bad guys.

And a reminder that Minecraft players will recreate everything. Which should probably be a rule of the internet by now.

« Last Edit: 08 May 2014, 05:59 by GarandMarine »

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #41 on: 11 May 2014, 14:00 »

And yet again I have a preorder down on it. Gonna be interesting to see what they've polished up over the delay.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #42 on: 11 May 2014, 15:21 »

I put a fiver down. Still going to wait till the weekend after release to grab it to see if it sucks before hand.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #43 on: 11 May 2014, 15:22 »

I'll probably get it for PC and then get it for PS4 if I ever get a PS4.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #44 on: 12 May 2014, 16:43 »

Yep, preordered this a few weeks ago.  Just waiting for it to be delivered.

My blog

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #45 on: 20 May 2014, 08:12 »

Total Biscuit, who is pretty critical of preorders, went ballistic on his latest podcast on preordering this game.  It sounds like ubisoft is backtracking from their original claims, to the point where thy might see a class action lawsuit in the worst case.

Game may still be good, but PR and specs are not at the moment.  Probably a wise idea to not put your money here yet.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #46 on: 21 May 2014, 10:52 »

I didn't preorder for any of the bonuses or anything like that.  I preordered for one reason only - I knew I had the money, and I would not have it later.

My blog

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #47 on: 21 May 2014, 11:16 »

I only put $5 down on pre-orders, simply to get bonuses if actually decide to pick up the game.

If.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #48 on: 21 May 2014, 13:54 »

I pretty much preordered for the same reason as Blyss. The joys of unemployment. . .

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #49 on: 22 May 2014, 03:11 »

So I saw a thread on a Watch_Dogs fan forum with the site owner confronting Total Biscuit on teh youtubes and declaring self victory then saying "Criticism is all well and good, but these are people's jobs! Critics should be more mindful of their power because people might not buy the game on their say so..."

Which of course is the entire point of criticism, reviews and the free market, to empower the consumer if they want to buy shit or not.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up