THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 01:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Watch_dogs  (Read 20031 times)

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
Re: Watch_dogs
« Reply #50 on: 22 May 2014, 05:58 »

Exactly.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #51 on: 22 May 2014, 06:17 »

Further it's especially warranted when someone is making a pre-order based on the words of the people making it... and they are lying their ass off nine times out of ten. To one extent or another. I mean it's a scale of "doesn't do everything promised" to "Aliens: Colonial Marines" and Ubisoft has been backpedaling on shit they've said about Watch_Dogs like mad apparently.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #52 on: 22 May 2014, 07:02 »

Is there any way to find that TotalBiscuit podcast? Can't seem to find it.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #53 on: 22 May 2014, 09:38 »

Not finding it yet, though I did find this little gem....

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2014/04/15/ubisoft-backpedals-giving-journalists-watch-dogs-paris-press-event-free-tablets#.U34oePldVc4

Ubisoft is not above the bribe it seems
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #54 on: 22 May 2014, 12:45 »

The only thing I can find is that they backed off of the resolution and framerate claims for PS4 and X1.

I'm going to be playing on a 360, so that doesn't affect me in the least.  Is there more that Ubisoft is backtracking on?  I'm asking genuinely, and I really want to know because a company not delivering on their promises is a pretty huge pet peeve of mine, and especially game developers.

If anyone has more info, please post it.  I really want to know.

Thanks.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #55 on: 22 May 2014, 12:53 »

Masterpiece - recent cooptional podcast featuring EG INControl.  Sorry, it's 3 hours long though.  :(

I think the frame rates on the next gen consoles was the big one.  The game doesn't interest me, so I guess I didn't pay close enough attention.  Sorry.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #56 on: 22 May 2014, 16:29 »

Can you give me a link or something?

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #57 on: 22 May 2014, 19:52 »

If it's the one with iNcontrol, it's this one:

The cooptional podcast is pretty damn good. I usually don't have time to watch them, but they're entertaining, and TB, Jesse Cox and Dodger is a combo that just works really well.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #58 on: 23 May 2014, 07:09 »

That's the podcast.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #59 on: 23 May 2014, 11:41 »

Well, my television isn't even 1080p, so when I eventually get a PS4, and possibly get Watchdogs for that, it still will be running at the highest resolution my television can go.  As for the framerate, I won't be bothered with 30 FPS. 

I was worried that maybe they were backpedaling on gameplay mechanics, or something like that, and frankly that would have given me pause.  But to be totally honest, I'm not all that upset that this is the only issue facing this release.  It's a broken promise, and I'm not trying to downplay that - I'm just not as worried as I would have been if there had been a fundamental change in the way the game plays - and I've seen that before. 

As it stands right now, I'm still fine with the fact that I preordered this, and not worried about the purchase.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #60 on: 27 May 2014, 17:53 »

So it's apparently not working on Steam.

I've been thinking about maybe getting this if it goes on sale at one point, but I did that for Anno 2070, and while I adore that game to death, UPlay was a pain in the ass. At least for that game it made sense, as there was a constant stream of generated missions and player pseudointeraction through votes for various in-game things, but for WD it's just bullshit.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #61 on: 27 May 2014, 18:36 »

Valdís

• Duck attack survivor
  • Huggable Huldra
« Reply #62 on: 27 May 2014, 19:15 »

Quote from: Polygon
Meanwhile, the Profiler's "flavor text," dynamic descriptions assigned to the randomly created NPCs that fill Watch Dogs' Chicago, frequently seem to be lowest-common denominator attempts at humor. When I saw "transgender" and similar attributes presented as throwaway personality quirks, I wasn't laughing.

Oh, delightful. Hacking people's stuff, outing them. Yeah, that's a fun experience. Go go, heroism? :-P
Now the sayings of the High One are uttered in the hall
for the weal of men, for the woe of Jötuns,
Hail, thou who hast spoken! Hail, thou that knowest!
Hail, ye that have hearkened! Use, thou who hast learned!

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #63 on: 27 May 2014, 19:34 »

Well, I haven't run into that yet. . . How very sad.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

Schmee

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #64 on: 27 May 2014, 19:59 »

Yeah, the "hacking into people's stuff and outing them" thing is pretty awful, but at least you aren't making it public knowledge. I saw that another of the random flavour texts is "Polyamorous", along with "Dating a married man", "Studying law", "Regularly buys lottery tickets", and so on. I think it's got a kind of voyeuristic feel to it - seeing into the life of a random person on the street.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I thought that including a few trans or poly people was intended as just that - inclusion. It didn't feel as though it was framed as something you should laugh at, though maybe that's just my opinion.

I'm mainly worried that some nutcase is going to turn this game into Hate Crime Simulator 2014 and try to kill every NPC they disapprove of.
work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder 
make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better 
do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster 
raise your ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #65 on: 27 May 2014, 20:11 »

Well, you know, Ctos IS a surveillance system. I was more sad that whoever wrote the flavor text thought that was relevant to profiling someone.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #66 on: 28 May 2014, 16:15 »

Also spotted in game...

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #67 on: 28 May 2014, 18:04 »

Welp, definitely in the running alongside the heavily armored guard who LARP's I guess.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #68 on: 30 May 2014, 04:05 »

Any one have it yet? I'm seeing a lot of mixed bag reviews.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #69 on: 30 May 2014, 05:11 »

Also spotted in game...

Mr. White? Had to think of this:

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #70 on: 30 May 2014, 09:25 »

It's just my opinion, but to me, someone that would find a person being labeled 'transgender" funny is probably not someone whose opinion I care much about.  I know how that sounds, but I'm being honest and that's the truth.  As I've gotten older, I've learned to just not let some things and some people piss me off, because they don't deserve my attention.

As far as a hate simulator, well, yeah that's a possibility.  But it's been a possibility for a long time.  Hateful people will always do what they're going to do - it doesn't make it okay, but if you're prepared for it, at least it's not a surprise, and can be responded to appropriately.

Profiling...  Well, if being transgender was a part of their personality, I could see an algorithm (I assume the main character is using his own hacking tools, and would be using one to find information on people) deciding that that was information worth knowing.  I would assume that things like this are a part of the game's morality system and are supposed to invoke a reaction.  If you get emotionally invested, you're more likely to continue playing.

Finally - WHERE THE HELL IS MY COPY OF WATCHDOGS AMAZON!!?  What the fuck?!

Okay, I feel a little better now.  If I offended anyone, apologies in advance.  I seem to have a knack for it without meaning to.  I guess I just have less of a filter than most.
« Last Edit: 30 May 2014, 14:28 by Blyss »

My blog

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #71 on: 30 May 2014, 13:24 »

So I've had the game myself for a few days now, and you know what, I am quite liking it. The story needed a little bit to really take me in, and I'll be honest, Aiden Pearce will not be remembered as one of gaming's great protagonists, but next to the innovative elements in the game play I'm really not regretting having prepurchased. Got it for the xbox one too, and I'm not complaining about the graphics either, it's at least a more polished GTA 5 grade on that system. Oh and I supposed the 'Morality' system is just a bit of the same ol', same ol' in regards to that if you're nice, people are nice, etc. Wouldn't have minded some more elements taken out of Mass effect's system.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #72 on: 30 May 2014, 16:03 »

Okay, I got my copy. Let's see what this game can do to impress me.

ThomasEll

• Plantmonster
« Reply #73 on: 19 Jun 2014, 04:20 »

Story was fun, side missions are kind of boring after a while, should probably have had about half the number of "drive this car here" type ones.

Doesn't make sense that in the gang hideouts I can happily kill everyone apart from the guy who I've gone to get.

Some of the bugs:

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #74 on: 19 Jun 2014, 04:42 »

That is a terrible video. Not even Benny Hill music could make that entertaining.
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2014, 04:48 by LTK »
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #75 on: 19 Jun 2014, 09:49 »

:-o

What the hell?

My blog

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #76 on: 16 Oct 2014, 22:39 »

Rented recently.

S'okay. Needs work.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #77 on: 18 Oct 2014, 21:19 »

I will say that
(click to show/hide)

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #78 on: 28 Mar 2015, 14:00 »

Finally picked it up yesterday. I'm kinda liking it!
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up