THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 14:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

It's the afterparty! So what excitement will we find?

Innuendo about Marty and Claire all around!
- 52 (35.6%)
Faye and Angus have broken UP????
- 1 (0.7%)
Dora and TAI have broken UP?????? (Over that picture no less!)
- 1 (0.7%)
Hannelore is going off to live in Timbuktu for a year????!
- 1 (0.7%)
Marigold has a BOYFRIEND!!!!!
- 10 (6.8%)
Pintsize found Momo's old chassis!
- 10 (6.8%)
Penelope and Wil have eloped!
- 4 (2.7%)
Sven is still single!
- 5 (3.4%)
Nothing's changed. (C'mon, be realistic.)
- 24 (16.4%)
Corned Beef and Cabbage for everyone!
- 4 (2.7%)
Uh... Shamrock Shakes, maybe?
- 3 (2.1%)
What about Waffles and Space Ham?
- 5 (3.4%)
Mom woke up with some guy named "Pierre".
- 16 (11%)
Why did those two guys that rode the horse look like Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn?
- 10 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 129

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2406-2410 (18-22 March, 2013) Weekly Comic Discussion Thread  (Read 156124 times)

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.

Well, I gotta make sure I don't do it too often.

If I deprecate too much, I might lose what little value I have left!  :psyduck:
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

Ah, that's alright then. I was always (Greyish)Blue-Yellow Central Heterochromat. This type of thing, but with less pronounced outer edges:

Ex-GF used to have that color. Except hers were were sometimes more green and sometimes more grey, depending on the light.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

My wife's also shift, but it's more mood-based.  Ice blue to smokey gray, then back when she calms down again...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

my eyes shifted too, but it was well in between my two puberties, sometime in my 20s... As a teen I remember my eyes were hazel-green... Now they a muddy, brackish green brown...

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!

My eyes shift all the time. If you look at my irises closely, I have light brown, green and blue all at once, and which is predominant at the moment depends on a number of factors including ambient light and my physical condition. My wife likes to tell people that she spent half of our first date trying to decide what color my eyes were.   :lol:

One thing I've noticed is that my eyes turn more green if I've been drinking. Don't know why.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.

Do you find you become excessively jealous when drunk?

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

Man, people are a lot more aware of their own eyes than I am.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

Well, as pun-ishing as this thread has been, the eyes have it.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Carl-E

• Awakened

[head-cannon rim-shot]

ZoeB

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • -

If I deprecate too much, I might lose what little value I have left!
I don't have that problem, nothing to lose...
Akima wrote thus : " Besides which, forgiving other people is something you do for yourself, not for them. "

Carl-E

• Awakened

Oh come now, you're nowhere near flatlining...

ZoeB

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • -

Ah, that's alright then. I was always (Greyish)Blue-Yellow Central Heterochromat. This type of thing, but with less pronounced outer edges:
(click to show/hide)

My eyes went from colour in bottom right to the colour directly above.
Akima wrote thus : " Besides which, forgiving other people is something you do for yourself, not for them. "

Sassafras

• Plantmonster

Don't feel bad. After reading this I'm about to go look in a mirror to check my own eyes.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand

Waitaminute, I have eyes?

Sidhekin

• FIGHT YOU
    • LiveJournal

Since this is a forum for a comic strip – a visual medium – I'll go out on a limb and assume that everyone present has eyes of some sort.

Otherwise, why bother?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!

Loki

• comeback tour!

Waitaminute, I have eyes?

Like the writers of the Declaration of Independence, there are some truths that we hold self-evident :roll:

Cthulhu

• Plantmonster

Do you find you become excessively jealous when drunk?

Holy crap theres another cthulhu here, IA IA!

Also wtf about eyes changing colour? as an italian desendant my eyes are and always will be brown... right?

Abyssalin

• Furry furrier
  • Mellow Mind Mellow Life... Mellow Yellow

My Eyes are now Green, they used to be sky blue and gradually changed as i hit puberty, one thing i've noticed though, dunno if anyone else gets it, and i'll word it clinically.

"During periods of sexual arousal my eyes go from a light green to a really dark green, to the point it is outwardly noticeable"

And in response to Tin, I don't get Jealous, but i do become impossible to annoy, which is a total inversion of my usual personality.
"Coming out of my cage and i've been doing just fine"

Cthulhu

• Plantmonster

Impossible to annoy drunk person? wow thats so strange, most drunk people dont just get annoyed they become really violent, i've had a few friends i couldn't get drunk with it just got ridiculous.

Abyssalin

• Furry furrier
  • Mellow Mind Mellow Life... Mellow Yellow

Impossible to annoy drunk person? wow thats so strange, most drunk people dont just get annoyed they become really violent, i've had a few friends i couldn't get drunk with it just got ridiculous.

Well my normal personality is that i'm quick to annoy if you know how to annoy me, I don't ever get violent, like serious violence, I'm partial to joke threats ala Faye, but i'm too easygoing to ever go out my way to harm someone.

And when drunk i become even more easygoing to the point you can't annoy me short of going out your way to do it on purpose, and even then it would take a while.
"Coming out of my cage and i've been doing just fine"

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

Maybe they weren't as think you drunk they were
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Loki

• comeback tour!

Depending on what and how much I drink, I either become ... blissful, snarky, less inhibited (ie louder and more welcoming to strangers) or tired. Then again, I don't drink much.

Cthulhu

• Plantmonster

Yes i think less inhibited suits us all when drunk.

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!

I actually get pretty happy and mellow when I drink. Unless I get really depressed and mellow. Either way, I'm not prone to getting angry. And I've learned to see the early warning signs of getting depressed soon enough that I stop drinking before I get utterly maudlin - no point in ruining everyone else's evening, is there?
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

mtmerrick

• William Gibson's Babydaddy

Also wtf about eyes changing colour? as an italian desendant my eyes are and always will be brown... right?

I'm in exactly the same boat as you. I hear all this talk of eyes changing color and I'm all  :psyduck:

Cthulhu

• Plantmonster

I love that psyduck emotik, but its so strange why was it created in the first place?

westrim

I love that psyduck emotik, but its so strange why was it created in the first place?
Because sometimes things are confusing, to the point that  :? just doesn't cut it.

Also, what emoticon would we over use without it? :parrot:?

EDIT: Sorry for the briefly messed up quote. I blame the bird.
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2013, 22:12 by Westrim »

Loki

• comeback tour!

Personally, I use Psyduck not as an expression of "confusing", but as "so mind-boggling my brain hurts". For example: "Have you heard that 13 dead pigs were recently discovered floating in a river in China?  :psyduck:"

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N

I use it for anything that makes my brain hurt, whether it's confusing or not.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

All I can say is that it was a thing among a group of people who used to frequent this forum, one of whom was admin and added Psyduck for them; most of these people have now gone to another forum set up by said admin - which also has Psyduck.  I kept it because it seems to get used quite a lot.  The parrot was introduced by Unicorn (IIRC), and I added it to the set.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Loki

• comeback tour!

While we are at it, where does the raptor come from?

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

You mean the T Rex?  Same story as Psyduck, but came first.  The image is from Dinosaur Comics.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification

I recently discovered that instead of turning into drunk-Masterpiece, I started turning into asshole-Masterpiece, who is generally someone I don't want to become. I'm trying to tone down my drinking before it becomes a problem.
"During periods of sexual arousal my eyes go from a light green to a really dark green, to the point it is outwardly noticeable"
That must have ... distinct disadvantages...

ZoeB

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • -

Yes i think less inhibited suits us all when drunk.
I don't get drunk - and as soon as I feel alcohol affecting me, I tense up. As soon as I feel my natural inhibitions start relaxing, different (no idea whether higher or lower brain functions) inhibitions cut in in over-reaction. I suspect my "natural state" is far more socially aversive than Marigold, and it's only my rational mind that over-rides that. Anyway, I become more, not less, inhibited. So YMMV.

2 glasses of wine over 4 hours is about it for me.

westrim

I don't get drunk - and as soon as I feel alcohol affecting me, I tense up. As soon as I feel my natural inhibitions start relaxing, different (no idea whether higher or lower brain functions) inhibitions cut in in over-reaction. I suspect my "natural state" is far more socially aversive than Marigold, and it's only my rational mind that over-rides that. Anyway, I become more, not less, inhibited. So YMMV.
I have a hard time seeing someone with their actual picture and job with their posts and who has so frankly and personally discussed issues here as inhibited in the first place, though granted you are likely very different in Real Life.

Though, at the moment it appears I have my phone number out for all to see.

ZoeB

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • -

I have a hard time seeing someone with their actual picture and job with their posts and who has so frankly and personally discussed issues here as inhibited in the first place, though granted you are likely very different in Real Life.
I am about as far away from being an "activist" by nature as it's possible to be. Marigold is an outgoing extrovert in comparison. I left my comfort zone behind a long, long time ago.

But...

Someone has to do this. Somehow, by sheer luck as far as I can tell, I've been put in an immensely privileged position compared with all other Trans and Intersex people I know. I have talents from an unusual neurology. I got a "get out of Hell free" card when I was too terrified to transition volitionally. I have kept job, family, friends, and marriage. I've had a very privileged access to education, paid for by parents who beggared themselves to give it to me. I'm frugal to a fault, so even with a limited income, I have more disposable wealth than many.

"From those to whom much is given, much is expected". Not so much "survivor's guilt" as being in a unique position to make a difference. All I have to do... is go against my every wish for quiet, private obscurity. If I'm going to do that, may as well go all the way, it's no more uncomfortable appearing on national TV as going out the front door. Or being a very straight-laced conventional woman addressing a crowd of exceedingly queer people on the front lawns of parliament house.

Other, more typical speakers

You really, really have to have a sense of humour about this. The Universe was having its little joke with me. Also blowing away some of my conservatism. They accepted my own difference after all.

The thing is... biologically, all of them are comparatively humdrum compared to my own unusual metabolism. XXY, X/XY, all common stuff. I'm the weirdest of the lot, biologially. Makes my own conventionality and aversion to anything unusual look rather silly, doesn't it? *SIGH* The Universe is an Iron.

mtmerrick

• William Gibson's Babydaddy

I don't get drunk - and as soon as I feel alcohol affecting me, I tense up. *snip*
How's this for ya - I CAN'T get drunk. A mouth full of wine or a gulp of beer is enough to trigger a MASSIVE gout attack. I've never had enough alcohol in me to get drunk because before I can, I'm in excruciating pain - gout attacks attacks come on quick. And there's not really anything I can do about it, either. Just something I gotta live with.

The worst part is that's this is actually the preferable end of the genetic stick - half my family has some form of gout and the other half either abstain from drinking or is an alcoholic - because there's a genetic propensity for addiction in my blood. I've actually had relelatives die from alcohol poisoning.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

At the risk of sounding off-topic, I feel honoured to be in your signature.

Loki

• comeback tour!

This is WCDT, we basically get off-topic all the time  :-D

*hides from the mods*

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

To paraphrase I'm not quite sure what: "You're never far from a mod!"

techkid

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Disqualified from the human race for shoving

I don't drink often (once a month or so), but when I do drink, people have remarked me as being a normal person.

My problem is, I'm pretty reserved normally (quiet, only interjecting points when I feel I can contribute, but otherwise staying silent). But after about three drinks... I dunno, my mind becomes clearer, I guess. I don't doubt myself so much, but I nevertheless stay within the mindset of my self.

Does that make sense?
Just because I'm evil, doesn't mean I'm a bad person.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.

A bit like Vimes and his natural knurd-ness, only with the amount you talk rather than how cynical you are.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

*nods to ZoeB* I can get where you are coming from. Part of the reason I am as open about my transition as I am is a desire to give back to others. I know I've had it comparatively lucky in some ways, but not so lucky in others. I would much rather have just quietly gone on unnoticed... but fate gave me a hand that said "no, people will always notice you", so I've decided to take that and run with it. While I'm not so often as open from the very first moment as I was here about being transsexual, I don't hide it either. I don't shake people's hands and go "Hi, I'm Ali and I'm transsexual. Nice to meet you." But I am always there to answer questions, and have no hesitation about speaking up or speaking out about any part of my life. The biggest enemy to any minority group is misinformation and the hatred that breeds from it. When people spread lies or just misunderstand, it becomes easy to demonize and hate them. When people in the minorities hide who they are out of fear, it helps that hatred continue... By being open and showing people the lies they hear about us are just that... lies and bad information, I hope to make the world a better place for everyone, and especially for a younger generation who hopefully will have to suffer less than I did, or others in my generation did.

That's one reason why I love Jeph's writing of Claire so much. She is a transgender woman, but he doesn't use any of the stereotypes or tropes we so often have to endure. She is just a person. Her being trans is just one part of her character, not the focus of it. Much like being trans is just one part of our lives, not all of it. Plus she's a redhead (like me) and is cute and adorable as a button (Unlike me, unfortunately :) )

Cthulhu

• Plantmonster

I gotta say i rather enjoyed your explanation of the emotiks
But i enjoyed a lot more reading your life experiences, amazing stories. I´ve only been here a week but i really like this forum and all of you too.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

^ I d'awwwww'ed to this, and I don't know why

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

I've only been here a week but i really like this forum and all of you too.
:)

Welcome aboard, Elder One.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Carl-E

• Awakened

Yeah, not often we get a deity commenting...

Loki

• comeback tour!

*cough* Pardon me?

The Iron Rose

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

Isn`t it from SA?
When he's a girl, he's a girl, when she's a boy she's a boy.
I think we need more post-coital and less post-rock.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

*cough* Pardon me?
He said not often, not never :roll:

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up