THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 02:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a game to fuck with your brain?  (Read 3484 times)

Skaltura

• Furry furrier
Looking for a game to fuck with your brain?
« on: 31 Jan 2013, 17:06 »

Fear not!

Mister Bain has uncovered just what you desire.

Yeah, the dev laughing sort of laughing maniacally everytime TBs brain goes on the fritz surely is a good sign, right, guys? :psyduck:

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
Re: Looking for a game to fuck with your brain?
« Reply #1 on: 01 Feb 2013, 06:19 »

Just bought it, it looks great. For all that people talk about outside the box thinking, this is the real deal.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #2 on: 01 Feb 2013, 07:09 »

From what I've read, 'outside the box' is in a different universe for Antichamber. I'm getting it as soon as I can, so I'm not going to watch that video.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #3 on: 02 Feb 2013, 08:19 »

GOTY

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #4 on: 05 Feb 2013, 07:37 »

I'm almost finished, and this game does get crazy difficult at times. I couldn't recommend it more (you can guess that from the post above).

What's really striking is how the game designer(s?) has managed to teach core skills through play. Again and again you run into situations where you have to figure out how the world and it's mechanics works to be able to progress. If you have ever seen the valve people talk about portal, or the gravity gun from Half-Life 2, you know that they focus a lot on learning through doing, and this game does exactly that, just a lot better.

The game is also beautiful, and sounds great, and the posters that's everywhere are always funny and often thought-provoking. All in all such a great experience.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #5 on: 06 Feb 2013, 08:33 »

I always hesitate considerably to spend more than €10 on a game - the last time I did that was on DX:HR, I think - but I bought Antichamber anyway for €14. I think it deserves it. Will play it soon.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #6 on: 11 Feb 2013, 03:18 »

I got the red gun! The puzzles remain challenging, despite starting to rely more on conventional thinking the further you go on, but the levels' callous disregard for basic topological rules are starting to get a bit tedious.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #7 on: 12 Feb 2013, 06:22 »

How far are you with the purple thingy that goes around places?

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #8 on: 12 Feb 2013, 06:50 »

I found three or four of them, and I hear you can find 13. They don't actually go anywhere, they're just secrets you can find as a bonus.

Also, I finished the game, but I'm still missing two illustrations. The map is fully explored, though.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #9 on: 24 Feb 2013, 12:16 »

A new game in a similar vein is The Bridge (TotalBiscuit's video). It looks interesting but I wonder if it stands up as a challenging puzzler.

Also, I feel like I should point out Closure (TotalBiscuit's video) as well, because it really messes with your sense of reality and has some outstanding puzzling to boot.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
« Reply #10 on: 02 Apr 2013, 12:33 »

dafuq…

I just played through it. Damn, this is a confusing game… My mind is as bent as the dimensions in this game.
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.
Pages: [1]   Go Up