THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 07:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: worst shows you have seen  (Read 18433 times)

94ssd

• Only pretending to work
  • Hadouken
Re: worst shows you have seen
« Reply #50 on: 22 Sep 2013, 18:55 »

I've seen a lot of shitty local and indie bands. I've seen just as many good ones before anyone flips out on me.

As for major shows, in retrospect probably Good Charlotte. That was not a good time in my life musically speaking, okay?

Jotunheim

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #51 on: 22 Sep 2013, 21:03 »

Worst show recently has got to be Brutal Truth at Copenhell a few years back. I'm not a huge fan of their music as is, but they played it so poorly that you couldn't even make out what the hell was supposed to be going on. Add ot that that they were stoned out of their skulls -and- trying to mooch weed off the audience (Yes) it was kinda lame. Opeth at Copenhell was also pretty underwhelming.

IDMG

• Curry sauce
« Reply #52 on: 22 Sep 2013, 21:08 »

Circa Survive were pretty dreadful (but the band I went to see made up for it).

Whitey Fats

• Plantmonster
  • Noticeably F.A.T.
« Reply #53 on: 14 Oct 2013, 08:56 »

I'm a die hard Peppers fan so I'll just kinda hang out over here in the corner by myself....  :-P

Josh is most definitely not as good as John, but he was almost passable at the last show I went to. I miss John's voice though, Klinghoffer might be able to replicate guitar riffs, but will never be able to contribute vocals the way John did.

Worst shows I've ever seen have got to be Amy Winehouse & Mars Volta. I'm sure I've mentioned this elsewhere on the forum....but yeah. Mars Volta was similar to what I would imagine marbles, silverware and a megaphone sound like when you throw them all in a dryer together. And Winehouse was...well, in a word- wasted.

I like them, as well.
Hi! I'm Randy! I'm a bandicoot!

thedevilissix

• Furry furrier
« Reply #54 on: 04 Apr 2015, 08:24 »

Not so much the worst gig as the saddest:
Cat Power, pre-The Greatest and in hindsight this may've been the time she was experiencing problems with booze.

It was a completely solo gig for just her and piano/guitar for a festival in Glasgow ages ago (Tramway? Triptych?). She ended up stopping halfway through several songs and we couldn't really hear her. She looked more and more uncomfortable as the set went on and 40mins into the set I think she ended up stopping a minute into a song, saying in a really frustrated way how sorry she was and walking off stage.
The audience clapped her for about a minute afterwards before the system music came on quite abruptly and made it clear that she wasn't coming back on. I wasn't so much annoyed as sad for her.

As for genuinely disappointing, Yo La Tengo a few ATPs back were sadly boring. My friends and I collectively questioned whether we should stay, but the collective conclusion was "....Nah."

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #55 on: 04 Apr 2015, 08:41 »

Without a doubt, the worst I have ever been to was a Sisters of Mercy concert.  Fuck, it was so bad that I ended up walking out.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

KingOfIreland

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Artist formerly known as Tuathal
« Reply #56 on: 04 Apr 2015, 09:23 »

An acquaintance/nemesis of mine.

Dude wasn't born to sing or play guitar.

Actually, scratch that. My own first ever performance where the other guitarist and I hadn't practiced the songs enough out of sheer boredom and were just reading the chords off a sheet of paper draped across the mic stand. We'd spent all the practice times just showing off to each other.

Also, the vocalist got out a harmonica in the wrong fucking key and started blasting that alongside our playing.
"Cock's Fresh Prepared steak"

A_S00

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #57 on: 04 Apr 2015, 18:48 »

Saw R.E.M. in 2008.  They were great, but Modest Mouse opened for them.  I'd heard, like, maybe two Modest Mouse songs before that point, and my impression was basically "they seem alright."

Jesus they were bad live.  Ended every song just flailing tunelessly on their instruments for a minute and a half.  You can end, like, one song that way per set.  You don't want it to be your thing.

wlewisiii

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #58 on: 04 Apr 2015, 19:56 »

Phish at Alpine Valley, WI. My ex was into them; I found it to be a nearly deadly bore and was thrilled when the show, such as it was, was over.
Emily is the Avatar.

Active Madness

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #59 on: 05 Apr 2015, 04:42 »

Worst thing I have ever seen was Marilyn Manson at Soundwave 2012. It's an Aussie music festival.

I'm a Manson fan from way back, but hearing him slur his way through songs, forget the lyrics and then stop mid-song and demand a stage hand come put a jacket on him, it made me really, intensely dislike him.

Also saw Nine Inch Nails once, when halfway through their set the power went out because the venue hadn't done what they should with the power. The power sort-of went on after 20 minutes and they charged through the rest of their set regardless, so that was good.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up