THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 08:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flower transit  (Read 2193 times)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Flower transit
« on: 30 Mar 2013, 01:20 »

I need to get some peace lilies safely from the U.S. to Japan. This requires careful planning and skilled execution to protect the flowers. My current plan is to take a lunch bag with a cooling back, reinforced with cardboard, while the flowers will be contained within a plastic clamshell container (like from take out places) with getting ness. water/nutrients from those stem tubes some flower shops have. Any potential refinements to make? Or will this work.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Re: Flower transit
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2013, 01:28 »

If going hand-luggage, I foresee a possible problem with the cooling pack falling foul of the restrictions on liquids over 100ml.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2013, 02:50 »

Also, make sure you've looked into the legalities. Importing plants is something a lot of countries are quite strict about.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2013, 06:09 »

I have nothing practical to add here, so I'm gonna advice you to hire Jason Statham to take care of it.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2013, 10:26 »

I have nothing practical to add here, so I'm gonna advice you to hire Jason Statham to take care of it.

I need a transporter!

Looks like these are actually okay because they're cut flowers, but I have an email in with Japanese customs.

and damn I forgot about the liquids... maybe I can find a really tiny cold pack... or make one with ice in a pill bottle... yeah that might work!

Spirit of MacGyver go with me!
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #5 on: 30 Mar 2013, 11:50 »

Alternatively, pack them well enough with cotton wool or polystyrene chips in a rigid box and let them go hold luggage; then you can provide enough water, and they will be naturally cold because the hold is.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )
Pages: [1]   Go Up