THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mafia 8 - The Shapers of Life  (Read 26849 times)

Zingoleb

Re: Mafia 8 - The Shapers of Life
« Reply #250 on: 20 Apr 2013, 19:39 »

Night had fallen, and the villagers had turned against the local artist. She spoke calmly, rationally, but the villagers moved against her anyhow. She struggled, yelling, but seemingly unwilling to lay a hand against the villagers as they moved against her. She was taken to the town's centre and hung from the roof of the Shaping Hall, her life easily taken from her - and when the body was taken down, a search of her body revealed her journal.

She had been a traveler in eastern Terrestria, a Sorceress of not insignificant power. She had always had a distaste for Shaping, however, limiting her magics to avoid the Shaper Arts, and when the war came and the rebels brought forth twisted Shaping powers of their own, her politics had solidified into action. She became a Trakovite, following the footsteps of a man named Trakov who had, as the story was told, sacrificed himself to destroy a twisted Shaper creation that would have destroyed the world. She used her powers to destroy Shapers and rebels alike, targeting only those who had harnessed the power of Shaping.

According to her journal, she had been innocent of any deaths in Porphyra, however - instead, her notes were detailed musings on who the killers could possibly be, one conclusion that had finalised in the name cesium133.

Night 3
Send in your PMs!

Zingoleb

« Reply #251 on: 21 Apr 2013, 15:16 »

The sound of battle in the night was becoming familiar to the refugees, but no less worrisome each time.

Game and Watch Forever was on patrol that night, their creation a cyclopean monster, a new creation that the Shapers have sanctioned to be created against the rebel menace: the war trall.

However, the rebels' power easily matched that of the Shapers', and tonight, their power would clash - a low roar, more heard than felt, echoed through the streets, a lumbering kyshakk heading right for them, already taking in a deep breath, its reptilian frame expanding, expanding, and then collapsing as it exhaled heavily.

Lightning shot from its mouth. It was fast, as fast as you'd expect it to be, and in an instant it had hit the trall, surrounding it with a field of electricity. It roared, already having turned to face the gargantuan lizard, and within seconds it had launched a rock easily two feet wide at the beast. It hit with a sickening crunch, the kyshakk letting out a long, low moan of pain before charging towards them. Game and Watch Forever was already starting to make a new creation, but was interrupted by a spell, a fireball that narrowly missed him. His head looked to the source, the infiltrator back already despite the injuries she had faced the previous night, and he pulled his sword out and charged her.

Metal on metal - she had drawn her own sword, matching his attack, blocking it. Teeth on flesh - the roar of indistinct pain, a fist easily bigger than any human head sinking furiously into the side of the lizard, and again, Shaper versus Shaper, creation versus creation. The Infiltrator raised her hand, blasting at the Guardian with a spell, acid spraying out and etching into his armour but leaving him unarmed, and he took his chance to lash out with his closed fist, nailing her in the stomach, forcing her backwards, making her lose her grip, her guard dropped.

Game and Watch raised his sword, ready to bring it down and end the traitor's life - but in doing so, he left his own guard open, and she saw her chance. Her knife was dropped into her palm, and she lunged forward, throwing herself against him and slamming the knife up under his jaw, coating herself in her own conjured acid in the process. The Guardian stumbled, and fell, and it was a simple matter to remove the knife and plunge it into his throat, ending the confusion of the last moments of his life.

She looked up, at the creations battling in the street, as they stumbled and crashed into building, as they struggled and cried out in pain and anger. She left them behind as she fled the scene once more, leaving the creation in her care to be slowly beaten to death by the nearly twenty foot tall trall, the trall that would slowly be electrocuted to death after its opponent was slain.

The aftermath of a battle was always met with silence here, and the wonderments of who might be next.

They didn't have far too look.

Zingoleb

« Reply #252 on: 21 Apr 2013, 15:26 »

The villagers came together, and they realised that two people were missing - one who could be chalked up to the Infiltrator that had just fled, and the other...

...well, they found him, in the end. dr. nervioso was found seated in his room on the second floor of the inn and looking out the window over the carnage below, a spilled drink in his hand, and a single thorn in the back of his head. The thorn baton used to do it had been laid neatly across the bed.

His journal lay open to the last page on the table. He had been working with the Trakovites, but having seen his allies slain before him, the will to fight had gone out of him. He merely wished for the war to end, and when it came time for his departure, he did not struggle. He wrote his goodbyes, named the Agent who was standing over him, waiting for him to finish his last writings, and made himself comfortable while waiting for the exact moment he would be removed from this world.

Some people said the expression he wore in his final breath was pained; others looked and saw only relief.

The name of the perpetrator had been carefully removed from the journal with a knife, leaving the words around it intact. They wanted the world to know his story, and, perhaps, how all traitors would be treated when found.

Day 4

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #253 on: 21 Apr 2013, 15:44 »

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm boned at this point, so here goes. I killed de_la_Nae because she was a Rebel. I am one of the last surviving Shapers. By saying this I'm probably turning any anti-Shaper people against me, but they probably knew who I was already. What I ask is that any remaining pro-Shaper people (if there are any left) join with me to fight the remaining Rebels.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #254 on: 21 Apr 2013, 15:50 »

So the Shaper gladly admits to a cold-blooded murder. This is why we fight against the Shaper menace. That's right, I'll come right out and say it. I'm a rebel, and I'm proud of it. The Shapers have too much power and they keep it all to themselves. Who will fight with me to take back our village? I'll start by seeking justice for my fallen comrade.

Lynch cesium133.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

TheEvilDog

« Reply #255 on: 21 Apr 2013, 15:55 »

I'm still not quite convinced that Cesium133 is the Shaper, but with such a confession, I say we throw a bucket of water on Cesium133 and watch the fireworks.

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #256 on: 21 Apr 2013, 17:28 »

I'm afraid dear cesium, that jackbooted shapers are going to find no allies here.

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #257 on: 21 Apr 2013, 17:40 »

I'm still not quite convinced that Cesium133 is the Shaper, but with such a confession, I say we throw a bucket of water on Cesium133 and watch the fireworks.
I happen to know from certain sources that you're pro-Shaper... you do realize that by voting to kill me, you're helping to eliminate the last hope the pro-Shaper side has, and effectively guaranteeing your death at the hands of J and Method of Madness?

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
« Reply #258 on: 21 Apr 2013, 17:42 »

Before you die, would you like to confess to murdering the good doctor as well?

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #259 on: 21 Apr 2013, 17:45 »

Right after you confess to the murders of TRVA123 and Game and Watch Forever.

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
« Reply #260 on: 21 Apr 2013, 17:58 »

I haven't killed anyone my dear Cessium.

I just gave the orders.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #261 on: 21 Apr 2013, 18:02 »

Also, I wouldn't trust everything your sources tell you...I can be quite persuasive.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

henri bemis

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Don't F with my glasses
« Reply #262 on: 21 Apr 2013, 19:43 »

Holy shit, everyone.

If I'm understanding all of this correctly, this is what I'm trying to piece together:

Method of Madness has admitted to being a Rebel.
cesium133 has the power to kill at night, claims to be on the side of the Shapers, and has knowledge that TheEvilDog is not a Rebel (despite the fact that the former voted for the latter)  Can he kill and investigate at night?
cesium133 admits to killing de_la_Nae, but not dr. nervioso, and the Rebel kill was GaWF, so is there a third killer?

I almost don't even give a shit what side you're on, I'm just sick of having so many murderers in the village.

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
« Reply #263 on: 21 Apr 2013, 21:41 »

Hey, don't forget me!

henri bemis

« Reply #264 on: 21 Apr 2013, 21:51 »

DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T

you.  forget about me.

*nods to J, then flicks a knife from her sleeve all Taxi-Driver style, and grins at cesium133*

"What the hell, yeah?"

kill cesium133

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #265 on: 21 Apr 2013, 21:54 »

YOU FUCKERS WON'T TAKE ME ALIVE!

*jumps into the lake, sets it on fire again*

cesium133 is goin' swimmin'!

Zingoleb

« Reply #266 on: 21 Apr 2013, 22:50 »

The crowd gathered around to watch cesium drown, grateful that, for once, no blood would have to be shed. He had taken his own life in a fit of anger, leaving the rebellion alone, save for one person.

ChaoSera.

J approached her, pulling his hood back, finally exposing himself - even in the sunlight, he glowed with an inner light, his eyes cold, redolent of all the signs of a heavily-Shaped human being. "You had your chance to join us, yet you refused," he told her, looking down at her as if she weren't even human, his power apparent before the unmodified villager. "Now go. This city belongs to the rebellion, and we have no place for you here."

She didn't have to be told twice.

Rebels Win!

henri bemis

« Reply #267 on: 21 Apr 2013, 23:00 »

See!  We are compassionate!  We let ChaoSera leave!

(also, Unicorn, I couldn't say this before without giving myself away, but your descriptions of battles were EPIC and I kept wanting to gloat each time I won).

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
« Reply #268 on: 21 Apr 2013, 23:58 »

You've done well troops, and made your old general proud. *salutes*

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #269 on: 22 Apr 2013, 00:29 »

A completely innocent tumbleweed rolls down the street.

Zingoleb

« Reply #270 on: 22 Apr 2013, 01:01 »

A random vengeful DM-god burns the tumbleweed.

:mrgreen:

TheEvilDog

« Reply #271 on: 22 Apr 2013, 05:26 »

Yay, we won!
And yay, that tumbleweed burned!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up