THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 06:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which QC character, besides Clinton or Claire, would you most like to have as a sibling?

Dora
- 4 (5.4%)
Sven
- 1 (1.4%)
Faye
- 4 (5.4%)
Tai
- 3 (4.1%)
Marigold
- 12 (16.2%)
Hanners
- 10 (13.5%)
Mieville
- 1 (1.4%)
Raven
- 3 (4.1%)
Veronica
- 1 (1.4%)
Jimbo
- 1 (1.4%)
Jim
- 0 (0%)
Padma
- 0 (0%)
Princess (Sven's cat)
- 1 (1.4%)
Pintsize
- 0 (0%)
Yelling Bird
- 1 (1.4%)
Shame Orb
- 1 (1.4%)
Harriet
- 3 (4.1%)
Turkeys (male)
- 1 (1.4%)
Turkeys (female)
- 0 (0%)
Other (specify)
- 2 (2.7%)
OK, Fine, Claire
- 3 (4.1%)
Oops, forgot Marten
- 5 (6.8%)
And Momo
- 11 (14.9%)
Let alone Emily!
- 6 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2425-2429 (15-19 April, 2013) Weekly Comic Discussion Thread  (Read 79664 times)

Somebody

• Curry sauce

Also, I didn't notice the clock until it was pointed out.  Ten hours?  Is the idea supposed to be that she'd expose herself to Mieville by standing up, and so doesn't want to?  Whatever it is, that is one patient cat.  And Dora's legs are going to hurt like fuck tomorrow.
Panels 3 & 4 show her trousers are very entirely on. If they weren't, she'd be exposed to us, never mind the cat!

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

Perhaps Microsoft has realized that the only way to get the stock price rising again is to sacrifice a version.
Much better that the ant puns.

Honestly, OS X is my favorite *nix as a user, although the key is partially that most of what you see as a user isn't the traditional *nix world - it's EXTREMELY different (which is what NeXT was going for back in the 1980s, I know).
Me too. I especially like the way I can run X Windows applications on the same desktop as Mac ones (albeit with different control conventions), and use the power of the command line, regular expressions etc. for system management and utility tasks.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

Honestly, OS X is my favorite *nix as a user, although the key is partially that most of what you see as a user isn't the traditional *nix world - it's EXTREMELY different (which is what NeXT was going for back in the 1980s, I know). Yes, you can fire up Terminal.app, and get a somewhat BSD-like userland, but even then, a lot of what you work with is still NeXT/Apple, not BSD.

I really liked the NeXT machines in the lab when I was in grad school.  Of course, at the time I was working at home with a VT100 salvaged from the trash and a 1200 baud modem to hook up to the Unix servers... [/oldschool] 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Perhaps Microsoft has realized that the only way to get the stock price rising again is to sacrifice a version.
Much better that the ant puns.

Are you averse to the ant puns?

Perhaps it would improve your peace of mind to sacrifice aversion.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Storel

• Bling blang blong blung

I really liked the NeXT machines in the lab when I was in grad school.  Of course, at the time I was working at home with a VT100 salvaged from the trash and a 1200 baud modem to hook up to the Unix servers... [/oldschool]

Yeah, those were the days. Good times... 8-)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up