THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sim City  (Read 2338 times)

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
Sim City
« on: 12 Apr 2013, 07:59 »

Heya everyone.
I'm one of the few who had some promise for the new SimCity, so I bought it. Now, all the problems with the game put aside (GODDAMN TRAFFIC), I can't seem to play this game with anyone. I can't seem to find any players willing to join my region, and the regions I join soon die out. Also, I don't have any friends playing on Origin, so the social aspect is pretty much non-existent for me.

So I guess what I was trying to ask was, is anyone here playing the new SimCity? And if so, would you be willing to add me to your regions? I'd really be glad to join you guys.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
Re: Sim City
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2013, 11:01 »

SOrry to be the one to tell you this, but you're a minor Aspect of Death. Really minor, so it mostly just affects SimCity multiplayer regions. >_<

I'd offer to help you out, but I already said I was staying away from this one, sorry. If one of my friends turns out to be playing it I'll let you know, though.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2013, 11:24 »

There's a guy in the Portal community that I'm part of that plays - I'll see if he has any regions he recommends.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Lupercal

• Bling blang blong blung
  • In conception since 1991
« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2013, 05:58 »

I read that EA are giving away a free game as compensation if you ordered SC5, and the list of games includes Sim City 4. Could be your answer? (I think this is just Steam, but can't bov to investigate)

TheCollyWolly

• Larger than most fish
  • pressganged into service on a gnome submarine
« Reply #4 on: 14 Apr 2013, 16:28 »

My Origin name is also TheCollyWolly, so if anyone want to region up (???) on here that would be awesome.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #5 on: 15 Apr 2013, 00:22 »

awesome, CollyWolly, lets.

edit: added you on origin.
« Last Edit: 15 Apr 2013, 01:03 by Masterpiece »

TheCollyWolly

• Larger than most fish
  • pressganged into service on a gnome submarine
« Reply #6 on: 15 Apr 2013, 09:47 »

Accepted! More people on here should consider getting this game. I'm pretty impressed with the game so far, despite a few shortcomings.

WHY THE FUCK would you not give me more than one exit off the highway? My big city is dying because the traffic builds up on the one road in/out of town and I can't ship anything out unless I switch to another city and back every hour or so.

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #7 on: 17 Apr 2013, 19:43 »

I haven't played in a while but I (mostly) love the game to bits. I was really open and excited about the concept of a multiplayer SimCity; didn't like that it had to be mandatory but meh I've still got SC4 for single-player-goodness. Also yeah wierd design choices man with the whole "only one way out of the city" =/

You can add "satsugaikaze" if you like, I might be on sometimes now that I have the hang of the mechanics of the game.

What servers are yall playing on?

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #8 on: 17 Apr 2013, 22:18 »

I'm on European West.
Pages: [1]   Go Up