Fun Stuff > ENJOY

Marvel Cinematic Universe

<< < (2/247) > >>

mtmerrick:
You guys keep saying this about spiderman,  yet you all seem to forget about the disney/marvel animated spiderman series,  which in fact features most aspects of the marvel cinematic universe,  including the avengers,  SHIELD,  ect,  and fits into the marvel cinematic storyline. It also includes Wolverine and some other mutants.

AKA what you're asking for ALREADY EXISTS. :P

TheEvilDog:

--- Quote from: Edguy on 26 May 2013, 11:55 ---Not to be a kill-joy, but you shouldn't get your hopes up seeing an X-Men crossover any time soon, and sure as hell not Spider-Man. At least, not anything but small easter eggs, like the planned inclusion of the Oscorp tower (from The Amazing Spider-Man) into the New York skyline in The Avengers (which got scrapped due to not being finished in time).

There's just no way Marvel could ever negotiate any large scale crossover with Sony and Fox, even if it would be mutually beneficial.

--- End quote ---

Sony only made the Amazing Spider-man because they were about to lose the rights to him. But considering as well that The Avengers' profit was more than the previous MCU films combined. Money, in all matters, is a great motivator.

--- Quote from: mtmerrick on 26 May 2013, 12:01 ---You guys keep saying this about spiderman,  yet you all seem to forget about the disney/marvel animated spiderman series,  which in fact features most aspects of the marvel cinematic universe,  including the avengers,  SHIELD,  ect,  and fits into the marvel cinematic storyline. It also includes Wolverine and some other mutants.

AKA what you're asking for ALREADY EXISTS. :P

--- End quote ---

There is a huge difference between an animated on-screen snark battle between two characters and watching a live-action scene where Fury/Tony asks Spider-man if he webbed his feet to the floor and having young Peter swinging off with a trollish "maybe".

mtmerrick:
I've seen a few episodes, but none of the ones with Tony stark yet. My sister (who is crazy about this series) is my source of most of the info I have about this show.

But i HAVE seen that exact scene you described,  with spidey and fury. And it was excellent.

Lupercal:
The ultimate crossover has already been pitched guys!

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOsKISBkIlQ

Lupercal:
To answer your question Edguy, no, I don't think we'll see proportional growth for the upcoming Phase II sequels. The Avengers was very cleverly designed to be both a sequel crossover, and a starting point for a lot of people who weren't going to watch Iron Man 2.5, but were going to watch the most talked about summer blockbuster. Hell, I know people who went to see Iron Man 3 without seeing the previous 2 - and really, it was again a product of design for its audience. It was a sequel to the Avengers, more than it was a sequel to Iron Man 2.

Thor and Cpt. America don't have the legs that Iron Man does. The original theatrical trailers for The Avengers made it look like Tony Star and Friends. Robert Downy Jr is hands down the most marketable out of the entire league of all involved in the MCU and that's what it really boils down to.

However, I am excited by the sequels and hope they will bolster some admittedly weaker character developments thus far. Can Thor 2 make me finally give a crap about Chris Hemsworth and his character? Will the Winter Soldier actually be a decent villiain, rather than Hugo Weaving kind of phoning it in with some choppy CGI? More and more the success of the MCU lies in character development and maintaining a relatively understandable story arc. Guardians of the Galaxy is so far an unknown franchise to me, and I've heard John C Reiley is in the running to play the lead guy.

But on their own, these characters can't pull the kind of audience that will surpass the $1billion mark. Or at least, I'll be very surprised if they do. We've just got to hope they leave Hulk alone, standalone Hulk films don't fare too well - although again, Marvel Studios have said they may do a film with him along the lines of the Planet Hulk arc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version