THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 10:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe  (Read 248269 times)

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe
« Reply #500 on: 30 Oct 2014, 06:40 »

Kat Dennings should be in everything.

Can I be in Kat Dennings?

That's up to her.

You got her number? I mean you know if she's not busy...
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #501 on: 30 Oct 2014, 06:50 »

:facepalm:
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Honkytonk

• Plantmonster
  • I am a Duck
« Reply #502 on: 30 Oct 2014, 07:31 »

I'm worried for the current Cap's life in the upcoming phase. I have a feeling he's gonna snuff it either in Age of Ultron (broken shield...) or, more likely, in Civil War.

Which is a shame because I really think Chris Evans is bloody brilliant as the Cap. Don't really rate him in much else either.
Quack Quack.

Fig

• Curry sauce
  • Lord of the Sith
« Reply #503 on: 30 Oct 2014, 07:43 »

If they stick to the storyline he'll snuff it in Civil War more than likely.  Though I'm hearing that Evans doesn't want to keep playing Cap so he might bite the bullet in AoU.  I also hear that the Falcon will be the new Cap when it happens.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.  Through passion I gain strength.  Through strength, power.  Through power, victory.  Through victory, my chains are broken.  The force shall set me free.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #504 on: 30 Oct 2014, 07:52 »

Well, Chris Evans has said he wants to get out of acting and into directing when his Captain America contract is up in two movies. Even if he doesn't die in Cap 3, they'll probably write him out as giving up the shield at the end, so they can recast the character if they need to.

Game and Watch Forever

• The German Chancellory building
  • Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #505 on: 30 Oct 2014, 09:12 »

Yeah, I was thinking about that the other day. If they manage to develop the Winter Soldier storyline some more, we could see an MCU version of Bucky Cap. If they wanted it to coincide with more recent events, Falcon would be the choice, as Fig pointed out. I'm sure either could be done well and be interesting, though that can be said for a lot of things...

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #506 on: 30 Oct 2014, 10:33 »

Kat Dennings should be in everything.

Can I be in Kat Dennings?

That's up to her.

You got her number? I mean you know if she's not busy...

If I had it, I'd be using it myself.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #507 on: 30 Oct 2014, 11:30 »

Okay you bonerheads, get back in yo pants and let's hope kat dennings isn't in this thread
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #508 on: 30 Oct 2014, 11:58 »

Kat, if you are in this thread, you can't blame a girl for crushing a bit.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Edguy

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Takin' care of business!
    • My facebook page
« Reply #509 on: 30 Oct 2014, 19:06 »

Prediction: In the Captain Marvel movie, or wherever she is introduced, someone will speak to Carol Danver, starting with "Miss..", and she will then interrupt them and say "That's 'Captain' to you!"
I dunno..

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #510 on: 30 Oct 2014, 19:27 »

Do people in universe know she's Captain Marvel, or is she Captain Danver when she's not in costume?
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #511 on: 30 Oct 2014, 19:40 »

I dunno, I was thinking more about how Marvel probably want to empower her by solidifying her name as Captain Marvel, instead of Ms Marvel, and might probably make a 4th wall breaking wink at that in the movie :)
I dunno..

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #512 on: 30 Oct 2014, 19:44 »

No, I got that, I was just wondering in general.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #513 on: 30 Oct 2014, 19:49 »

In the recent Avengers cartoons the crew were part of her origin story, so at least there they knew her identity. I think generally there are very few people with secret identity in the Marvel universe, at least to the other characters, compared to DC.
I dunno..

Fig

• Curry sauce
  • Lord of the Sith
« Reply #514 on: 30 Oct 2014, 20:04 »

In the recent Avengers cartoons the crew were part of her origin story, so at least there they knew her identity. I think generally there are very few people with secret identity in the Marvel universe, at least to the other characters, compared to DC.

I can only think of two of them that traditionally had secret identities: Daredevil and Spiderman.  Everyone else was kind of out there.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.  Through passion I gain strength.  Through strength, power.  Through power, victory.  Through victory, my chains are broken.  The force shall set me free.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #515 on: 30 Oct 2014, 20:09 »

That's a good point. Of the main heroes in the Avengers (the film, can't speak for the comics), I don't think anyone had a secret identity. The only one whose name I don't remember is Hawkeye, I'm not sure if they never mentioned it or if I just forgot. The public might not know Romanov or Hawkeye, but that's pretty much them being spies/assassins rather than superheroes.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #516 on: 30 Oct 2014, 20:52 »

Clint Barton
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #517 on: 30 Oct 2014, 21:06 »

For the most part, in the comics Captain America's identity was a loose secret. He wore his hood/mask costume and didn't use his real name. Iron Man bounced back and forth between been open and lying about his identity, if it wasn't someone else in the suit. Hulk's identity wasn't known to the general public either, but it wasn't a secret. Of course, in the MCU, everybody knows their identities now. Even if they didn't know before, after SHIELD's files were dumped to the internet, it's just a google search away.

Originally Carol wore one of those little, pointless domino masks as Ms Marvel, something that's been discarded. And a lot of people in the super world knew who she was anyway. I doubt they will be making much of an attempt to hide her identity any more than any of the other Avengers. Maybe not go out of the way to announce it like Tony did, but not try to keep it secret either.

It's interesting to note that the art they showed for Black Panther is very close to his usual comic book appearance, which is a full body suit and face mask. Something that's kind of a no-go for movies and television usually. It's considered a bad idea to cover up an actor's face because it make it harder for them to express and emote. It's easier to get away with in comics because they are a partly written form of storytelling.

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
  • All Your Marriage Are Belong to Everyone
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #518 on: 30 Oct 2014, 23:20 »

It'll just get ripped off like Spider-man, or he'll only wear it for 2% of the costumed appearances, like Cap.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #519 on: 31 Oct 2014, 10:12 »

Do people in universe know she's Captain Marvel, or is she Captain Danver when she's not in costume?

I'm not sure of the current permutation of Carol's civilian identity. Is she still a USAF officer in the current timeline or is she just a SHIELD agent?
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #520 on: 31 Oct 2014, 10:25 »

She's been through so many reboots and re-writes over the year, but she still is the same character, essentially. So she was a USAF Captain, probably retired or considered deceased after the number of apparent deaths she's been through. According to wiki, she joined the Guardians of the Galaxy earlier this year so I'd say there's a fair chance they'll go with that idea for the MCU. What they may change, who knows? She might be an alien, like a pink skinned Kree and combine both Carol and Mar-vell into one character. Or another space-lost human. Or something else altogether.

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #521 on: 31 Oct 2014, 10:28 »

She could be introduced in GotG2!
I dunno..

Fig

• Curry sauce
  • Lord of the Sith
« Reply #522 on: 31 Oct 2014, 10:32 »

I've always imagined Black Panther having a James Earl Jones-esque voice.  They should give him the Darth Vader treatment: put someone in the suit and just have him do the VA work for it.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #523 on: 31 Oct 2014, 13:47 »

That'd be awesome!

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #524 on: 01 Nov 2014, 02:25 »

It's interesting to note that the art they showed for Black Panther is very close to his usual comic book appearance, which is a full body suit and face mask. Something that's kind of a no-go for movies and television usually. It's considered a bad idea to cover up an actor's face because it make it harder for them to express and emote. It's easier to get away with in comics because they are a partly written form of storytelling.

Karl Urban and Dredd proved that while that theory is industry standard, it is in fact bullshit with good actors.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #525 on: 01 Nov 2014, 05:17 »

Yeah, with the right people and right role it can work with a full face mask. I mean, try to find someone who says Darth Vader wasn't expressive and memorable...

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #526 on: 01 Nov 2014, 06:15 »

try to find someone who says Darth Vader wasn't expressive and memorable...

You can't, he force-choked them all :o

I'm really enjoying this season much more than the first, in many ways, even though I miss the FitzSimmons banter. I'm not keen on Bobbi, the only thing I like about her so far is that she seems to have helped the writers get a better grip on Hunter.
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #527 on: 01 Nov 2014, 11:38 »

Karl Urban and Dredd proved that while that theory is industry standard, it is in fact bullshit with good actors.

It's hard finding actors that have a good scowl, though! (Like seriously, his is pretty great.)

I think for actors to have their faces completely or mostly hidden, they really have to put forth an effort to use their voices more expressively and a lot will rely on body language. Some people rely to much on their faces to look angry, which is why Darth Vader is so great - the actor in the suit had amazing body language and JEJ is one of the best at conveying emotion through his voice. It's possible, but I can see why it's hard.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while
« Reply #528 on: 02 Nov 2014, 00:53 »

V for Vendetta is probably my favourite example of this.
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #529 on: 02 Nov 2014, 04:11 »

Hugo Weaving is definitively one of the best at acting with his voice! It's a shame he isn't very interested in coming back to play the Red Skull again..
I dunno..

Orkboy

• Beyoncé
  • Yelling angrily at the universe.
    • Bloodgood's Bloody Good Beer Blog
« Reply #530 on: 02 Nov 2014, 04:37 »

V for Vendetta is probably my favourite example of this.

Oh man, Hugo Weaving is the boss.  By the end, he made the audience forget that it was even a mask, he's that awesome.  It had actually become his face, and I can't think of any other actor who could make that happen. 

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #531 on: 02 Nov 2014, 11:18 »

After Agent Elrond, I wasn't too sure about Weaving. But when he isn't channeling his breakout role, he's awesome. Actually he's awesome when he is, but seeing it in two different characters takes some of the shine off.

Orkboy

• Beyoncé
  • Yelling angrily at the universe.
    • Bloodgood's Bloody Good Beer Blog
« Reply #532 on: 02 Nov 2014, 17:52 »

After Agent Elrond, I wasn't too sure about Weaving. But when he isn't channeling his breakout role, he's awesome. Actually he's awesome when he is, but seeing it in two different characters takes some of the shine off.

Welcome to Rivendell, Mr Anderson.

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while
« Reply #533 on: 02 Nov 2014, 18:52 »

Welcome to Rivendell, Mr Anderson.
Mixing up Hugo Weaving's lines.. there's a tumblr in this, I'm sure.

Agent Smith: "We're oft to blame, and this is too much proved, that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar on the devil himself. "
Neo: "....What's that mean?"
Smith: "Spare the rod, Mr Anderson"
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #534 on: 02 Nov 2014, 22:56 »

"You are deluded, Captain. You pretend to be a simple soldier, but in reality you are just afraid to admit that we have left humanity behind. Unlike you, I embrace it proudly. Without fear!"

- Megatron
I dunno..

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #535 on: 03 Nov 2014, 04:49 »

Oh man, Hugo Weaving is the boss.  By the end, he made the audience forget that it was even a mask, he's that awesome.  It had actually become his face, and I can't think of any other actor who could make that happen.

Rene Auberjonois was just as good in Star Trek - Deep Space Nine. His prosthetic make-up was essentially a rigid plate apart from the eye and mouth apertures, so all emoting had to be done using body posture and vocal tone. He did a powerfully good job to the point where almost everyone who met him said that they were moved by the emotion of his performance as Constable Odo.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #536 on: 03 Nov 2014, 12:58 »

Aubergine is probably underrated because his voice pattern is so distinct.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #537 on: 05 Nov 2014, 13:08 »

also quick question about winter soldier: Why is Black Widow always on about him getting a date?
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2014, 13:19 by LeeC »
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #538 on: 05 Nov 2014, 13:56 »

I thought she was talking about Captain America, not the Winter Soldier.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #539 on: 05 Nov 2014, 14:08 »

She was. I was just curious because it happens in winter soldier.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #540 on: 05 Nov 2014, 14:10 »

Well, it's the first Cap-Centric movies since the first one, and Black Widow wasn't really around in that one.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #541 on: 05 Nov 2014, 14:17 »

I just wonder if the movie is calling out all the action movies that have to have a love interest and this one doesn't have one, or if she's got some sort of actual motivation for bugging him about it.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #542 on: 05 Nov 2014, 14:18 »

So who's ready for Big Hero 6?

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #543 on: 05 Nov 2014, 14:21 »

Given Marvel's vague plan about a series based on his first love interest, it might have been foreshadowing.

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #544 on: 06 Nov 2014, 04:08 »

So who's ready for Big Hero 6?

In Norway they mostly only show dubbed versions for animated films, so I sure wont be seeing it at the cinema. Sooo, still a while to wait :[
I dunno..

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #545 on: 04 Dec 2014, 20:15 »

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #546 on: 04 Dec 2014, 21:27 »

Someone that sucked less.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #547 on: 05 Dec 2014, 00:37 »

Linking to said casting would be nice.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Edguy

• My facebook page
I dunno..

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #549 on: 05 Dec 2014, 19:54 »

Linking to said casting would be nice.
It's exactly who it's been for months :roll:

Benedict Cummerbund

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25   Go Up