THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe  (Read 248283 times)

Orkboy

• Beyoncé
  • Yelling angrily at the universe.
    • Bloodgood's Bloody Good Beer Blog
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe
« Reply #600 on: 04 Feb 2015, 23:08 »

That actually looks pretty good.  Better than the last one, at least.

Honkytonk

• Plantmonster
  • I am a Duck
« Reply #601 on: 05 Feb 2015, 15:06 »

I'm really enjoying Agent Carter. Mind you I'm the kind of person who's enjoyed Agents of Shield all the way through, so perhaps not the best arbiter. But still...
Quack Quack.

Edguy

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Takin' care of business!
    • My facebook page
« Reply #602 on: 10 Feb 2015, 03:33 »

Spidey confirmed to be headed to the MCU.

So that is finally happening. Glorious victory or the start of Marvel's decline?
I dunno..

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #603 on: 10 Feb 2015, 03:36 »

So that is finally happening. Glorious victory or the start of Marvel's decline?

Just so long as this doesn't turn into another reboot I'll be fine.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #605 on: 10 Feb 2015, 05:31 »

Quote from: the article
Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Emphasis mine and...god damn it.

Re: Benergy- Is it reboots you don't like or origin stories?
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #606 on: 10 Feb 2015, 05:39 »

Re: Benergy- Is it reboots you don't like or origin stories?

It's the unnecessary extra and often inferior origin stories necessitated by reboots that I don't like.
~~~~

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #607 on: 10 Feb 2015, 06:51 »

I don't like origins generally, reboots I try to give a chance but in Amazing Spiderman's case I never really gave it a shot because of how tiny the gap between the two franchises was.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

K1dmor

• Beyoncé
« Reply #608 on: 10 Feb 2015, 08:02 »

An artist’s impression of how the deal went down:

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #609 on: 10 Feb 2015, 08:43 »

I'm hoping its a new and different spider-man...played by Donald Glover...
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #610 on: 10 Feb 2015, 12:27 »

Quote from: the article
Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Emphasis mine and...god damn it.

I think that's just to keep face. I would bet Feige and Marvel will have most of the creative control. Sony understands they know what they're doing (and wants a piece of that cake), and I also doubt Marvel would accept this deal if they didn't get the creative control.

Fingers crossed!
I dunno..

ybtlamw

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #611 on: 10 Feb 2015, 13:37 »

It's almost a given the new Spider-Man film's going to be a reboot. That said, I think they'll discuss his origins in Civil War—where he's likely to first appear. Then, once his standalone film comes around, they can jump right into him kicking ass as Spider-Man, rather than dealing with his origin story.

I think there's a good chance that, if they cast Peter Parker/Spider-Man quickly enough (without doing the character a disservice, obviously), they can film a quick scene where Peter gets bitten by a radioactive spider to add as a post-credits scene to Age of Ultron. It wouldn't be unprecedented, considering the shawarma scene from The Avengers was shot after the film premiered.

Then, since we'll know how he got his powers (radioactive spider bite), Civil War can deal with his character deciding to become a superhero just like his idol, Captain America. It works out almost too perfectly to not be what they're currently planning.

I also brought this up on another forum I frequent: Since all signs point to Spider-Man being featured in Civil War, my guess is that they've had two scripts for Civil War all along—one including Spider-Man, and one without. That way, if Marvel would've gotten the rights, they could've featured Spider-Man without any heavy editing, and, if they didn't, well, there would be nothing lost.

I think this opens up so much for the MCU.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #612 on: 10 Feb 2015, 15:41 »

Every article I read about this argued that a Nu-Spiderman should have no Peter Parker but someone else.

But I like Peter Parker

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #613 on: 10 Feb 2015, 16:10 »

It's because the second most popular iteration of Spider-Man is Miles Morales, who happens to be a black kid, so they get internet points for having that opinion.

Imagine if someone put it out there that maybe they should make a Batman movie with someone else than Bruce Wayne..
I dunno..

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #614 on: 10 Feb 2015, 17:28 »

Donald Glover for Spider-Man.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ybtlamw

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #615 on: 10 Feb 2015, 18:30 »

Donald Glover would've been awesome as Miles Morales ten years ago, but Marvel wants to go with a much younger actor (around 20 years old) so they can properly portray Peter Parker as a high school kid. Both Glover and Andrew Garfield are over 30.

Just because he was decent at voicing Miles Morales doesn't mean he should play him in a live-action adaptation. Otherwise Drake Bell's name would be coming up more for Peter than it has been.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #616 on: 10 Feb 2015, 19:21 »

Donald Glover's just awesome in general and he mentioned wanting to play Spider-Man in a stand-up special, I didn't even know he voiced Miles!

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #617 on: 10 Feb 2015, 19:28 »

He's past 30 though, so I think it's kind of out of the question. I would imagine they are going for someone young enough to be at noticeable contrast to the rest of the Avengers, not to mention being able to stay in the role for a long time.
I dunno..

ybtlamw

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #618 on: 10 Feb 2015, 20:13 »

Donald Glover's just awesome in general and he mentioned wanting to play Spider-Man in a stand-up special, I didn't even know he voiced Miles!

Indeed. He voiced Miles Morales for two episodes on Ultimate Spider-Man. I sort of undersold him by saying he was "decent," but I thought he was actually quite good.

The trouble is, like I said, Marvel wants to go much younger, and as Donald Glover is past 30 at this point, it's highly unlikely that they choose him. And it's even less likely that they'll choose Miles Morales over Peter Parker, especially since they already said this Spider-Man will be Peter Parker anyway.

Moderator Comment Edited for proper name.
Global Moderator Comment PM sent
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2015, 14:30 by Is it cold in here? »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #619 on: 12 Feb 2015, 15:15 »

you know, they had a really good point there in the coffee shop.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #620 on: 13 Feb 2015, 04:19 »

Given the penultimate scene of Days of Future Past, I sort of expected for Wolverine to wake up in bed with Mystique.

Hell, given how completely the time-line could possibly have been screwed up (Mystique an X-Man from way back; Magneto with a crisis of confidence that Raven has turned her back on him and becoming a recluse), you could likely have a whole movie just laying out the revised time-line from 1970-present.

This, by the way is a reboot in all but name. They can hand-wave away bringing back Phoenix and any other dead character (except those who were killed prior to Wolverine's jump back). I wonder if they're planning a threequel to exploit that?
~~~~

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #621 on: 13 Feb 2015, 05:35 »

The next movie is Apocalypse. What they're doing with it though, I have no idea.

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #622 on: 04 Mar 2015, 14:40 »

I think we are now coming to the point where the trailers are starting to show more key scenes, so if you want a completely blank slate..
I dunno..

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #623 on: 27 Mar 2015, 10:18 »

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #624 on: 28 Mar 2015, 04:46 »

Is Deadpool part of the MCU?

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #625 on: 28 Mar 2015, 07:15 »

Nah, he belongs to Fox.
I dunno..

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #626 on: 28 Mar 2015, 07:24 »

Though I'm not entirely sure he'd appreciate you saying that he belongs to anyone, really.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #627 on: 30 Mar 2015, 23:53 »

Naturally,  Deadpool movie would demand a shattered Fourth Wall. The trick will be not to make it so overt that it impacts on suspension of disbelief or, worse, turns the movie into cheap self-parody.
~~~~

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #628 on: 02 Apr 2015, 03:14 »

Since we're on the topic, a video went up yesterday discussing one of the major concerns so far; how Deadpool is going to work as a PG-13 movie.

« Last Edit: 02 Apr 2015, 16:47 by maxusy3k »

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #629 on: 02 Apr 2015, 03:44 »

Honestly, PG-13 movies can be pretty fucking violent. They just can't say fuck more than once (so this post is rated R).

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #630 on: 02 Apr 2015, 04:01 »

American movie ratings are bullshit and the people who decide them are also bullshit.

The number of horror movies I've seen where I can watch someone get sawn in half uninterrupted but every sex scene has the girl wearing a bra. It really is ridiculous.

I'm iffy on censorship as a concept, but not dead against it - I just hate hypocrisy in censorship. I mean surely if we're going to be lax on one thing and hard on the other, the natural human bodily function (fucking) is probably a better choice to be lax on than the horrifying violence, right?

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #631 on: 02 Apr 2015, 05:32 »

American movie ratings are bullshit and the people who decide them are also bullshit.

The number of horror movies I've seen where I can watch someone get sawn in half uninterrupted but every sex scene has the girl wearing a bra. It really is ridiculous.

I'm iffy on censorship as a concept, but not dead against it - I just hate hypocrisy in censorship. I mean surely if we're going to be lax on one thing and hard on the other, the natural human bodily function (fucking) is probably a better choice to be lax on than the horrifying violence, right?

Here in the UK, film classification has been a joke since the 1990s. The tide turned when Warner Brothers persuaded the British Board of Film Classification to introduce the '12' rating after refusing to make cuts in Tim Burton's 'Batman' to earn the PG rating. When they threatened not to release the film in the UK, the cinema owners went ballistic and put pressure on the BBFC to find a compromise, the 12 certificate being that.

Secure in their victory, fifteen years later, the BBFC was forced to introduce  the even more meaningless '12+' rating to appease the distributors of action and horror blockbusters who insisted in exceeding the weak limits of the 12 classification and then threaten not to release the movie (and thus likely bankrupt Britain's cinema chains) if the BBFC rated it as a 15. I confidently expect that the modifier 'subject to parental discretion' will be added to the instruction not to admit under-15s and under 18s to the 15 and 18 classification instructions shortly.

FWIW, I remember the original classification scheme in the UK:

U - Universal - particularly assessed as suitable for children
A - Standard-quality movie that BBFC has authorised for general release
AA - The BBFC recommends that children not watch this movie
B - The BBFC judges that this movie falls below reasonable artistic standards; spend your money on this at your own risk (to this day 'B-Movie' is British slang for what our American cousins would call a 'bomb')
X - Breaches the BBFC's classification standards in terms of violence, language, nudity and/or sexual activity; can only be shown in specially-licensed theatres and only legal adults (over-21) can view.
~~~~

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #632 on: 02 Apr 2015, 06:07 »

I'm actually a Brit, so I'm aware of how ridiculous our own ratings system is, my point was more that however bad ours is... America's is worse.

You watch an 18-rated Hammer Horror film in the UK, and you're going to get tits and violence. You watch an R-rated horror in the US, you're going to get... cleavage and violence. But because of the level of violence, it'll still be an 18 when it gets over here. Or maybe a 15. It kinda varies.

Then of course there's the X-rating in the US, which is like a guarantee no-one will see your film because no cinemas will show it. Even though the differences between an X and an R would be absolutely negligible in the grand scheme.

And of course, PG13 and 12 films are ridiculous anyway, because they show shitloads of deaths (X2 anyone?) but no gore. So, violence, just no consequences. Yay! And god forbid you see a nipple in a sexual context, EVERYONE ON EARTH WILL WANK THEMSELVES BLIND!

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #633 on: 02 Apr 2015, 06:12 »

I hate it when I wank myself blind.
I dunno..

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #634 on: 02 Apr 2015, 06:12 »

That's why I like Australia's film and video game classification system (now that we've introduced the R rating for games, that is). It's really simple and I haven't come across terribly many films that don't seem appropriately classified (though a few films that used to be rated R have been downgraded).

G - Suitable for General Exhibition (usually children's films)
PG - Parental Guidance for Children Under the Age of 12 (still largely family friendly stuff but will usually carry labels warning of "supernatural" or "violent" themes. Kids can still see/purchase these films by themselves without an adult).
M - Mature content, recommended for people 15 years and above (roughly equivalent to the more violent or frightening end of the US's PG13 nonsense. Usually these films/games will have some swearing (but nothing worse than the word "shit") and very minor violence. All the Harry Potter films from PoA onwards were M. Younger children can still go see/purchase these films without parental supervision).
MA15+ - Mature content, restricted to audiences 15 years and above (usually reserved for films that feature both violence and nudity or just slightly extreme violence. These films get to say "fuck". Most softcore porn films get this rating).
R - restricted to audiences 18 years and above (basically anything really violent or sexy. Most porn is R, Fight Club is R because of the stuff about making bombs (though I think that it, along with Universal Soldier and the Proposition are some of a number of films that have been reclassified as MA).
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #635 on: 02 Apr 2015, 11:49 »

Typical of the Yanks

Show as much violence, death, slaughter and mayhem as you want

But show a pair of Breasts and hear them cry foul

Jeeze
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #636 on: 02 Apr 2015, 13:50 »

12+? I know of 12A, but not 12+...
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #637 on: 07 Apr 2015, 09:33 »

Typical of the Yanks
Jeeze
South park did an entire episode that lead up to that fact. "Fun times with weapons"

So Looks like they are going to CGI Deadpool's eyes so they can be more expressive, like in the comic books.

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #638 on: 08 Apr 2015, 19:42 »

Typical of the Yanks

A pair?

Hell, just ONE damn near made the FCC's phone lines melt.

A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #639 on: 08 Apr 2015, 19:50 »

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #640 on: 08 Apr 2015, 20:00 »

Hehe, Hawkeye pose.
You have not experienced Questionable Content until you have read it in the original Klingon.

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #641 on: 08 Apr 2015, 20:42 »

Is Hulk making the "impossibru" face?
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #642 on: 08 Apr 2015, 20:52 »

"HULK LEAVE OVEN ON."
You have not experienced Questionable Content until you have read it in the original Klingon.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #643 on: 08 Apr 2015, 21:16 »

I do like that Hawkeye is the one giving the traditional 'butt and breast pose' and not Widow or Scarlet Witch.

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #644 on: 10 Apr 2015, 17:18 »

So we're nearing the end of the first season of Daredevil on Netflix and, I gotta admit, at the moment I'm only watching this because it's a show about a Marvel character. So many things I'm disappointed with. The writing, the dialogue in particular, is down-right amateurish much of the time. I want to like the main cast of characters, but there are some major problems with casting as well as with the quality of acting. I thought Kingpin was a great villain in the comics, and I thought his portrayal in the misbegotten Daredevil movie was kinda awesome. The idiot in the series, well, I can't stand to see him on screen, and I hate hearing him even more. God, that ridiculous voice... also displeased with the overly grimdark approach. It makes for a visually unsatisfying experience and doesn't do much for the frequent but kinda dull action scenes.

I'm gonna keep watching the show obviously, but right now it kinda feels like the TV equivalent of someone taking a bowl of delicious soup and then watering it down with fouled water and tossing in small pieces of wtf why for good measure. I like Matt, Karen, Claire, Ben and Claire. I even liked the Russians and the others surrounding Fisk. But Fisk himself is like a pile of streaming poo on a beautiful carpet that you just had such high hopes for...
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #645 on: 10 Apr 2015, 23:22 »

This would be a Cartoon/TV Series/Movie I'd watch

James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #646 on: 11 Apr 2015, 05:01 »

Black Widow(man) kinda creeps me out. He doesn't look like a very friendly fellow.

Also, that's exactly how Mark Ruffalo's hair would look like if he was a woman (/had longer hair)!
« Last Edit: 11 Apr 2015, 08:02 by Edguy »
I dunno..

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #647 on: 11 Apr 2015, 05:06 »

Black Widower, you mean? Where does Bidow come from?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #648 on: 11 Apr 2015, 05:25 »

Boy Widow, I'm guessing.  Frankly, I've always hated the word widower and think widow should be gender-neutral.  I mean, I get it, in the good ol' days a man who lost his wife was just considered an eligible bachelor again (and I think "bachelor" should be gender-neutral as well; "bachelorette" just looks stupid), but surely we can accept that anyone can be a widow without adding a modifier to it, right?

/rant over

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #649 on: 11 Apr 2015, 06:09 »

I never understood it. Wouldn't a widower widow people? As in kill husbands?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25   Go Up