THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 21:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe  (Read 255825 times)

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe
« Reply #900 on: 23 Nov 2015, 17:40 »

(click to show/hide)

Also I didn't know David Tennant was in it, so that was a cool surprise when they showed him. And agreed, he was really good. Overall not sure if I like it as much as Daredevil, but it's close.

Edit: Also, this

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2015, 15:33 by Method of Madness »
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #902 on: 25 Nov 2015, 04:32 »

Thats...thats the general from the Ed Norton incredible hulk movie!!!! Full circle!
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Edguy

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Takin' care of business!
    • My facebook page
« Reply #903 on: 25 Nov 2015, 08:43 »

I think this looks like what the last Avengers movie should have been!

Also:
(click to show/hide)
I dunno..

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #904 on: 25 Nov 2015, 09:29 »

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #905 on: 30 Nov 2015, 01:36 »

I liked Jessica Jones as a whole, esp. the final third. This was mostly due to the awesome supporting cast and the overall story (minus the bits where people were being extra dumb). The action sequences aren't as satisfying as they were in Daredevil, but the story's more interesting and the villain way way better. The Daredevil tie-in towards the end was just really bad. I wish they hadn't done that because it was so awkward and the dialogue so lame and stilted.

I gotta admit I didn't really like Ritter's acting. Wasn't a big fan of Luke either. Still, I'll watch anything the Marvel/Netflix collaboration gives us :o
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #906 on: 30 Nov 2015, 17:34 »

(click to show/hide)

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #907 on: 30 Nov 2015, 18:31 »

Me and Dr. Fiancee are halfway through Jesica Jones.  It is amazing!!!  There is a real sense of Danger that I feel even the avengers couldn't handle except maybe 
(click to show/hide)

The Cast is amazing!  Each with their own little story going on in each episode.  Also I actually like Luke so far.  :-P

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #908 on: 30 Nov 2015, 18:41 »

Wait, why do people not like Luke?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #909 on: 30 Nov 2015, 19:53 »

Sweet Christmas.

I rather enjoyed the series! No, it's not as action oriented as Daredevil, but I kind of feel like that's more because Daredevil is shown to be a trained fighter and Jessica Jones not so much. (Her fight scenes were clunky, so I just figured they didn't want to make her seem trained.) Also I liked Luke.

(click to show/hide)

Killgrave is also one of the best villains ever and I think it's entirely because of Tennant playing such an amazing psycho/sociopath. He was by far the best thing about the show.

(click to show/hide)
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #910 on: 01 Dec 2015, 12:03 »

I loved Luke's interaction with the Purple Man in the New Avengers
(click to show/hide)

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #911 on: 01 Dec 2015, 16:59 »

That is awesome.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #912 on: 02 Dec 2015, 04:55 »

Civil war:

Spiderman webbing?????!!!!  Please do not disappoint Tom Holland!

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #913 on: 02 Dec 2015, 06:06 »

I thought it was pretty much a given/announced that Spider-man is appearing in Civil War? They cut a deal with Sony allowing them to use him in their movies and he was pretty central to the comic book version of the story.

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #914 on: 02 Dec 2015, 15:56 »

I know the answer is "because money," but I still don't understand why Spider-Man needs to be shoehorned into the MCU--especially since this'll be the third version of Spider-Man in 15 years.  If anything, I think a live-action TV show would be better.
You have not experienced Questionable Content until you have read it in the original Klingon.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #915 on: 02 Dec 2015, 18:44 »

He never should've been excluded in the first place, but I still see your point, and honestly a Netflix show would probably be much better than whatever they give him to do in Civil War.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #916 on: 02 Dec 2015, 18:56 »

Especially since Marvel wanted a very young Spider-Man, and a TV show would give Tom Holland more time to play young high school-aged Peter Parker before "aging out" of the role.  Not that he can't age, it's just that being a teenager is kinda Spidey's thing, innit?
You have not experienced Questionable Content until you have read it in the original Klingon.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #917 on: 02 Dec 2015, 20:21 »

...why, though?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #918 on: 02 Dec 2015, 23:41 »

Especially since Marvel wanted a very young Spider-Man, and a TV show would give Tom Holland more time to play young high school-aged Peter Parker before "aging out" of the role.  Not that he can't age, it's just that being a teenager is kinda Spidey's thing, innit?

Not a reader of superhero comics myself, but I was under the impression that Spiderman hasn't been a teenager in the comics for decades.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #919 on: 03 Dec 2015, 01:01 »

No way they could do Spider-man justice on a TV budget tho. I cringe to think how the special effects would look there..
I dunno..

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #920 on: 03 Dec 2015, 04:45 »

Have you not seen Flash/Arrow or the Netflix Marvel shows? The answer is "surprisingly good".

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #921 on: 03 Dec 2015, 08:32 »

Honestly I think we're in a good place for television superheroics on the level of Spiderman. It would not be as cheesy as their attempts decades ago. While most of the live action super hero shows lately have been pretty down to earth, well trained normals or people who have easy to show super powers like 'able to bounce bullets and lift cars'. However, some villains and secondary characters and the Flash himself show that there is potential for a weekly superhero television show that doesn't look terrible.

The problem more lies in the confusing rights, interest and permissions of Spiderman. I think that Sony still holds the rights to all video representation of the Spider Man character and related characters. And they have no real interest in doing anything with it other than putting out movies to fulfill their minimum requirements on the contract that gives them the right to keep the character from going back to Marvel Studios. It's surprising to me that they are letting Marvel use him for the Avengers film franchise. But I think we won't see any kind of live television show until such time Marvel manages to pry the rights fully back from Sony.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #922 on: 03 Dec 2015, 12:44 »

Not a reader of superhero comics myself, but I was under the impression that Spiderman hasn't been a teenager in the comics for decades.

I think a storyline a few years ago kicked him back to his teenager default age.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #923 on: 03 Dec 2015, 17:50 »

It's surprising to me that they are letting Marvel use him for the Avengers film franchise.
Not that surprising, if memory serves they still are the ones making the Spider-Man movies, and are allowed to use MCU characters in those movies.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #924 on: 17 Dec 2015, 13:39 »

It's such a shame I already know Jessica Jones is going to end up with an overdose in some dump in Alberquerque.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #925 on: 17 Dec 2015, 13:41 »

Jessica would be the one who knocks but she always breaks the door when she tries.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #926 on: 30 Dec 2015, 13:30 »

Just watched Winter Soldier for the first time yesterday, it kinda went past me when it came out. It confused me that Black Widow looked so different compared to Avengers, even though it's still Scarlett Johansson. Longer hair and a lighter shade of red. Confusing. In the beginning I wondered if it was a different actress.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #927 on: 30 Dec 2015, 13:32 »

Is it just me, or was Ant Man by far the better of the two 2015 Marvel movies?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #928 on: 03 Jan 2016, 09:55 »

Just watched Winter Soldier for the first time yesterday, it kinda went past me when it came out. It confused me that Black Widow looked so different compared to Avengers, even though it's still Scarlett Johansson. Longer hair and a lighter shade of red. Confusing. In the beginning I wondered if it was a different actress.

We've been sort of marathoning them and her hairstyles are different in every movie, except that they're the most similar in the two Avengers movies. Women change their hair. A lot. Yes, she's a character, but it's a thing women do.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #929 on: 04 Jan 2016, 05:38 »

Fair enough. I guess I was mostly confused because the Avengers movies were the two I watched most recently and hair style is mostly the same in those.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #930 on: 06 Jan 2016, 08:42 »

I really didn't like Ant Man that much.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #931 on: 06 Jan 2016, 19:43 »

I wouldn't call it amazing but I thought it was a lot of fun, while finding AoU to be a pretty big disappointment.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #932 on: 08 Jan 2016, 10:40 »

Neither AoU or Ant-Man are the best Marvel movies, but I agree that Ant-Man is definitely one of the more fun movies. And I reeeeally want Michael Peña to come back for another movie because he was one of my favorite things about it.

Having rewatched it, I feel like AoU was basically a set up for Civil War and introducing The Vision and that's kind of it. I felt like Ultron was pretty flat, but not because of Spader (who was awesome at voicing him), but because he didn't get a good enough set up for why he was doing what he was doing. I dunno. The other movies have flowed better and that one didn't. It's still a good hero movie, but the other Marvel movies have been so good it just sticks out I guess.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #933 on: 10 Jan 2016, 00:43 »

We've been sort of marathoning them and her hairstyles are different in every movie, except that they're the most similar in the two Avengers movies. Women change their hair. A lot. Yes, she's a character, but it's a thing women do.

Also her hair changes styles several times throughout Iron Man 2 and that's just one film. It's hardly confusing.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Blue Kitty

• Twitter

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #935 on: 17 Feb 2016, 02:45 »

Holy crap, the beginning of that trailer might just as well be for a Horror Movie.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #936 on: 20 Feb 2016, 07:15 »

Aimless

• Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #937 on: 20 Feb 2016, 10:08 »

I don't get it, what's he trying to say?

Also, "Butt buddy"? For reals?
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #938 on: 20 Feb 2016, 10:14 »

Is it stranger than "bosom buddy"?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #939 on: 20 Feb 2016, 10:33 »

"Bussom buddy" is less likely to be used by homophobic 14 year olds.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #940 on: 25 Feb 2016, 18:21 »

Iron Fist has been cast

Finn Jones is the guy that plays Ser Loras Tyrell in GoT. Iron Fist is the other part of the "Superheroes for Hire"-duo, with Luke Cage.

I dunno..

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #941 on: 10 Mar 2016, 09:25 »

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #942 on: 10 Mar 2016, 12:45 »

HOW DO THE EYES WORK?!
I dunno..

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #943 on: 10 Mar 2016, 12:53 »

HOW DO THE EYES WORK?!
I'm assuming its a neural interface that allows him to zoom in his vision...maybe something Tony put together for him.

I like what they're doing with crossbones.  :-D

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #944 on: 10 Mar 2016, 13:10 »

Is it just me, or is Hawkeye shooting an arrow amidst everyone else's stuff more "we're not sure why Hawkeye's here" than ever?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #945 on: 10 Mar 2016, 16:16 »

HOW DO THE EYES WORK?!
I'm assuming its a neural interface that allows him to zoom in his vision...maybe something Tony put together for him.

I like what they're doing with crossbones.  :-D

Didn't they do the same thing with Deadpool?

Just watched the trailer and man Spider-man's voice is underwhelming

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #946 on: 10 Mar 2016, 16:54 »

Bigger picture of suit:
(click to show/hide)
I dunno..

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #947 on: 10 Mar 2016, 19:47 »

Just watched the trailer and man Spider-man's voice is underwhelming
I think that's intentional. He's a kid, after all.

Edit: Also, this

« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2016, 19:53 by Method of Madness »

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #948 on: 11 Mar 2016, 01:17 »

Yay for unrealistic spider man! I just don't get why they're going that route, seeing as they went with "hyperrealism" for the rest of the Mcu.

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #949 on: 11 Mar 2016, 01:19 »

"It worked for Deadpool, it can work here!"
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25   Go Up