Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 16 Dec 2018, 12:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe  (Read 64870 times)

Castlerook

• Older than Moses
  • Captain Sarcastic
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe
« Reply #1100 on: 08 Nov 2017, 05:35 »

Its recently been confirmed that Infinity War will have over 60 characters, with about 32 of them sharing one scene alone. Obviously the film can't have go on like that, most of the film will probably focus on small groups and dynamics. The likely groups will probably be:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart but I am street smart.", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I am imaginary smart."

LeeC

• WoW gold miner on break
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #1101 on: 13 Nov 2017, 12:31 »

Holy shit! Go see Thor! It was amazing!  :-D
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #1102 on: 18 Nov 2017, 21:37 »

Thor: Ragnarok is amazing. It’s a superhero movie with the sub-genre ‘comedy,’ and it’s more a comedy than it is a superhero flick. The exact mix is indeterminable, but I laughed my ass off more than I have in any Marvel movie to date, and that’s comparing to how I lost probably 7% of my booty meat from Guardians of the Galaxy.

Solid performances all around, especially considering the CGI element.

The best Thor movie by a massive amount. Better than most MCU installments by a fairly large amount, also.
There's at least a 27% chance I'm full of shit
synesthetictranslations.tumblr.com
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

dutchrvl

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #1103 on: 21 Nov 2017, 13:20 »

Thor: Ragnarok is amazing. It’s a superhero movie with the sub-genre ‘comedy,’ and it’s more a comedy than it is a superhero flick. The exact mix is indeterminable, but I laughed my ass off more than I have in any Marvel movie to date, and that’s comparing to how I lost probably 7% of my booty meat from Guardians of the Galaxy.

Solid performances all around, especially considering the CGI element.

The best Thor movie by a massive amount. Better than most MCU installments by a fairly large amount, also.

Agreed that Thor is pretty damn amazing :) Definitely more of a comedy than superhero movie I feel.
To me it's more or less on par with the second Guardians movie, while I laughed the most with the first Guardians (actually most with Deadpool, but not MCU I know). In terms of overall quality Ironman probably still comes out on top for me personally (despite the somewhat disappointing finale). The Captain movies have always felt a little overrated, especially the first one, which I thought was at most middle of the pack among Marvel movies. Did really like Winter Soldier though.

LeeC

« Reply #1104 on: 29 Nov 2017, 12:56 »

Infinity War trailer dropped.

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

LTK

« Reply #1105 on: 03 Dec 2017, 14:54 »

So I watched Thor: Ragnarok and...

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • Older than Moses
« Reply #1106 on: 03 Dec 2017, 15:52 »

(click to show/hide)

LeeC

« Reply #1107 on: 03 Dec 2017, 17:23 »

So I watched Thor: Ragnarok and...

(click to show/hide)

In a way, yes he was willing to, but look at the trailer I posted.  :-D

(click to show/hide)

LeeC

« Reply #1108 on: 12 Jan 2018, 17:30 »

Finally got around to watching Guardians of the Galaxy 2.  I quite liked it.  It really expanded on all the characters and their relationships.  It was also just fun to boot.

Castlerook

• Older than Moses
  • Captain Sarcastic
« Reply #1109 on: 12 Jan 2018, 19:46 »

Oh and Black Widow is finally getting her own movie.

At the moment, Marvel has only hired Jac Schaeffer (her work includes Olaf's Frozen Adventure and Nasty Women, an all female remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels) to write a screenplay, with the possible film being slated for a post Phase 3 release, which means around 2020 at the earliest.
Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart but I am street smart.", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I am imaginary smart."

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #1110 on: 14 Jan 2018, 14:46 »

Bought tickets for Black Panther today. My theater has reserved seating, and buying tickets for February 18th (a Sunday morning, not even opening day) had very few decent seats left (not super close or off to the side), so I'm glad I bought it now.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Aimless

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #1111 on: 15 Feb 2018, 12:59 »

Well-made movie and a welcome departure from the established Marvel formula. Neither the best nor the worst. More restrained than most, but many scenes were just too on-the-nose, leaving little space for the audience to think. The soundtrack was phony as hell but the visuals were awesome. The accents didn't work--several people had a really hard time maintaining it. Some of the sc-ifi elements were annoying; whenever a movie invokes "nanites", I tend to go, "Oh fuck off," and tune out. The supporting cast was excellent. The mid-credits scene, the post-credits scene a little better. The ending was a little sloppy.
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #1112 on: 19 Feb 2018, 04:04 »

Saw it yesterday, I liked it a lot. Also, did anyone think of this during the "sneaker" line?

They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

LeeC

« Reply #1113 on: 02 May 2018, 18:45 »

Parody of Infinity war
(click to show/hide)

Theta9

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Cool story, bro.
« Reply #1114 on: 23 Jun 2018, 15:54 »

if cap3 isn’t called “captain america and falcon: we’re up all night to get bucky”, i’m not watching it
Well, they didn't use that title, but that's essentially what Civil War actually was.  :lol:
Quote from: MC Chris
I'm not doing well, OK? Do you get that?

Tova

• Older than Moses
  • Don't read the comments.
« Reply #1115 on: 23 Jun 2018, 19:22 »

This was so enlightening for me (yeah it's close to a year old, sue me).

Why Buckaroo Banzai is Today's Most Important Superhero - Brows Held High
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." - Sir Joshua Reynolds (paraphrased)

Castlerook

• Older than Moses
  • Captain Sarcastic
« Reply #1116 on: 20 Jul 2018, 14:53 »

James Gunn has been fired from Guardians of the Galaxy 3 and is no longer working with Disney/Marvel.

LeeC

« Reply #1117 on: 19 Nov 2018, 17:27 »

Castlerook

• Older than Moses
  • Captain Sarcastic
« Reply #1118 on: 19 Nov 2018, 17:58 »

Yes. Yes it is.

Its the PG-13 version of Deadpool 2 and its using the framing device of Deadpool having kidnapped Fred Savage to reenact the Grandfather and Grandson scenes of the Princess Bride.

And Fred really lives up to his surname.

brilligtove

• Plantmonster
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
« Reply #1119 on: 20 Nov 2018, 19:23 »

I made the same joke a different way for the same reasons. :)
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Up