THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battlefront 3  (Read 15644 times)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Battlefront 3
« on: 11 Jun 2013, 08:58 »

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Edguy

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Takin' care of business!
    • My facebook page
Re: Battlefront 3
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2013, 09:45 »

Battlefield minus the super-boring modern military setting? I could get on board for that. Sadly, without really having done any research, I fear this game might loose a lot of potential by trying to squeeze the age rating down, like most or all Star Wars games..
I dunno..

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jun 2013, 10:45 »

Yeah but GL isnt on the helm with this one, the same guys behind battlefield is.  I am sure it will probably be T for teen.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jun 2013, 11:11 »

ESRB T equals something like a 13-14 year rating, am'rite? (We use PEGI here in Norway)

Still, I don't really see a serious FPS working out with anything less than a M/17/18 rating..

..we'll see.
« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2013, 14:20 by Edguy »
I dunno..

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2013, 11:45 »

I dunno, the last 2 battlefront games were marked T for teen (must be 13-14 or older).  Most of the star wars games aimed at little kids are E (everyone).  I am optimistic that they make it gritty or at least just as violent as the others.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2013, 12:54 »

I hate to remind you, but it's EA. It's going to suck.

I really wish it doesn't.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jun 2013, 14:56 »

I dunno, its by the same team who made Bad company 2 and BF3 and they are awesome.  EA is just publishing it.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jun 2013, 15:02 »

Well I'll be frank, I see this video as nothing more than "so ok, we bought the Star Wars rights, now we have to show our stock holders that we're actually doing something with this." Is there any gameplay out? Chances are this thing was whooped up in a month.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #8 on: 11 Jun 2013, 17:02 »

I fail to see you're point. It was public knowledge that work was being done with battlefront 3 the same month disney closed down lucas arts and that it had been in development by DICE instead (as the teaser showed). Them showing the teaser is less for the stock holders and more to rile up interest to probably start a viral marketing campaign as this is a highly beloved series.    I can see you're pessimism based on EA's track record but considering that this game is pretty much battlefield (one of their successful franchises) with star wars I think DICE and EA can deliver.  And if they did whip this teaser up in a month, who cares?  As long as the game itself doesnt seem thrown together than what does it matter?

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #9 on: 11 Jun 2013, 17:27 »

It's just that videos like these are just empty promises, it's obvious that it's been pre-rendered. So what are they showing? 20 seconds of what I assume is the fight for Hoth, in a perspective from which nothing can be seen in detail.

Yes this is a hype video. And that's what is disturbing me so much about it. I've been hyped by EA before, they're good at that. What they are not good at is to actually deliver on the vague promises they give their customers. For the longest time, EA claimed that they were building Battlefield 3 with a PC first mentality, only to redact that statement shortly before publishing the game.

The thing I'm just trying to say is that I am not willing to give EA the benefit of the doubt anymore. They messed up way too often, and I would be super pissed if they messed this up too. I love Star Wars, but seeing it in EAs greedy hands just makes me incredibly sad.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #10 on: 12 Jun 2013, 04:54 »

Teaser trailers are pretty worthless in determining anything about the game. It suggests that it'll be first person, but otherwise there's nothing. Gonna wait for gameplay before I decide if it looks interesting.

If it's just a reskinned battlefield, then I can't really see any reason to get it. And if I know my modern shooters, they've found a way to make Star Wars brown.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #11 on: 12 Jun 2013, 09:30 »

maybe on tatooine  :-P

Lupercal

• Bling blang blong blung
  • In conception since 1991
« Reply #12 on: 13 Jun 2013, 14:14 »

ANOTHER Hoth level? Fuckkkking hell.

Anyway. Exciting, because Yay Star Wars Is Hopefully Going To Have A Good Game Again!*

(*disclaimer: game may not actually be great if it's going to be a brown/grey FPS clone of any popular shooter)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #13 on: 13 Jun 2013, 18:40 »

whats wrong with hoth!  :-o

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #14 on: 13 Jun 2013, 19:35 »

He probably had a bad experience with a Wampa.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #15 on: 14 Jun 2013, 04:40 »

They're gonna have to try pretty hard if they're going to make Hoth brown.
I dunno..

ackblom12

« Reply #16 on: 14 Jun 2013, 04:42 »

Hoth needs to be put in the goddamn vault for at least one or two games. It's basically the Star Wars version of the Sewer Level in fantasy RPGs. It's just fucking lazy as shit.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #17 on: 14 Jun 2013, 06:45 »

It's my favorite battle in the star wars universe.  Death Star space battle over Endor being a close second...

ackblom12

« Reply #18 on: 14 Jun 2013, 07:01 »

The Battle of Hoth was fantastic in the movie! And I've played through it in about a dozen games!

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #19 on: 14 Jun 2013, 09:33 »

BF1 and 2's hoth were too small in my opinion.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #20 on: 14 Jun 2013, 14:54 »

Honestly, if they do this, I kinda want a bigger scale. Amp it up from 24 to like 124.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #21 on: 14 Jun 2013, 15:17 »

hell ill even take 32 like BC2...

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #22 on: 14 Jun 2013, 15:24 »

Nah, I've been spoiled after Planetside 2. I NEED my scale.

Lupercal

• Bling blang blong blung
  • In conception since 1991
« Reply #23 on: 15 Jun 2013, 02:16 »

Hoth needs to be put in the goddamn vault for at least one or two games. It's basically the Star Wars version of the Sewer Level in fantasy RPGs. It's just fucking lazy as shit.

This!

Everyone, name a game that has been set in the original trilogy and NOT featured Hoth. I suppose one good thing about the prequel games is that they started basing everything on Naboo instead. And if they absolutely need a snow level, bring back Fest.

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #24 on: 16 Jun 2013, 18:34 »

There are some amazing XL-size map mods for Battlefront 2 floating out there on the internet that make the original Hoth level look like a child's playbox.

DICE is probably one of the most experienced in this sort of multiplayer format, and imo probably the only AAA developers out there at the moment capable of pulling this off, what with fan expectations and all.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #25 on: 16 Jun 2013, 19:02 »

I just cant believe the Hoth hate.  Its the only big land engagement in the original trilogy.  Endor was just a guerrilla battle with a small force.  Hoth was where the empire's might hammered down on the rebel's main base.  Its iconic! :psyduck:

would love to see some tatooine urban warfare or perhaps some naboo wilderness combat like heavy metal or harvest day in BC2

@satsugaikaze: DICE so hard!  :-D I agree with you 100%!!!!

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #26 on: 17 Jun 2013, 11:38 »

Then there's the Battle of Kashyyyk in Ep3:

"This is just like D-Day. And the Wookiees are the Germans."
"The Germans didn't charge the Allies."
"And they lost!"
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #27 on: 19 Jun 2013, 23:23 »

I think there's literally a couple hundred units on the map at once.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #28 on: 20 Jun 2013, 06:48 »

I played it on the xbox so it wasnt that big (maybe 8 players on each side with a ton of NPCs running around).  I just hope that the next will be like BC2 and BF3 in that it supports a large number of people and no NPCs.  I got battlefront 2 for the cpu when it was on a steam sale but not sure how to play it online or if there is a large player base for it.  I know there is a star wars mod for CoD4 which looked fantastic!
at work so I found this real quick.  There are a few out there.

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #29 on: 22 Jun 2013, 06:26 »

Wow, that's amazing.

Got to be one of the most thorough mods I've ever seen!
I dunno..

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #30 on: 23 Jun 2013, 13:49 »

im tempted to buy CoD4 just to play the mod...

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #31 on: 10 Jun 2014, 18:38 »

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #32 on: 11 Jun 2014, 02:00 »

No. They haven't shown any gameplay at all, they don't deserve the hype. All they did was say "we're trying to stay true to the original source" and played a PR firm of how great their studio is, to combat the bad reputation EA has.

That trailer showed nothing of value.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #33 on: 11 Jun 2014, 07:32 »

They showed some bits and how they are building it.  I chalk it up to a dev trailer but you seem mighty heated about this.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #34 on: 11 Jun 2014, 09:30 »

EA deserves nothing less than my absolute and focused hatred and I can't tell you how FRUSTRATED I am that they got the Star Wars license.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #35 on: 11 Jun 2014, 10:02 »

Being that DICE is doing it, I am actually excited.  They have done great work with the battlefield license (even under EA!) and I hope they bring that to the battlefront license considering its the same kind of game but set in the star wars universe.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #36 on: 11 Jun 2014, 10:19 »

They have done great work with the battlefield license

NO THEY HAVEN'T.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #37 on: 11 Jun 2014, 11:10 »

So because they fumbled a bit with BF4 that makes BFBC2 and BF3 failures? That article is 6 months old.  Are the bugs and other issues fixed? Honestly if a massive multilayer game didn't have bugs when it came out I'd be suspicious (though grateful). BF4 seems to work just fine for my friends and online gaming clan.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #38 on: 11 Jun 2014, 12:59 »

That article is 6 months old.
That game was three months old when the article was published. Are you telling me that EA, with their INFINITE FUNDS can't publish a working game at launch? They've become synonymous for shoddy business practices. You can't publish a half finished game, not when you're AAA and publishing YOUR FLAGSHIP GAME FOR THE SEASON.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #39 on: 11 Jun 2014, 13:08 »

All while apparently taking a piss on their paying customers and not warning future customers that they're buying a broken game.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #40 on: 11 Jun 2014, 13:12 »

Besides, just reading through this thread, they're doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING THEY DID LAST YEAR AT E3. SHOW ME THE GAME, DON'T SHOW ME THE STUPID VIDEO YOU DID TO PLEASE YOUR SHAREHOLDERS.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #41 on: 19 Mar 2015, 19:11 »

Battlefront 3 will debut next month during the star wars celebration!
http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/19/8257853/star-wars-battlefront-debut-star-wars-celebration-2015

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #42 on: 17 Apr 2015, 10:55 »

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #43 on: 17 Apr 2015, 16:14 »

I'm more excited for this game than I am for the movie right now

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #44 on: 17 Apr 2015, 16:32 »

It's a good time to be a star wars fan.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #45 on: 17 Apr 2015, 16:38 »

Finally something substantial to talk about, after the myriad of pre-rendered stuff we've seen.

Looks like a well made Battlefield skin.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #46 on: 17 Apr 2015, 18:47 »

As for all the new star wars related things:

PLEASEBEGOODPLEASEBEGOODPLEASEBEGOOD

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #47 on: 18 Apr 2015, 06:42 »

And there goes all my excitement, cause Battlefront may not have a single player campaign

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #48 on: 18 Apr 2015, 19:28 »

. . . . FfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF*Expletive*

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #49 on: 06 Aug 2015, 08:29 »

So at E3 many people playing Battlefront on the Hoth battle noted that the air combat was terrible and very limiting.  I am hoping that with this new trailer the devs took the feedback and fixed it, and added an all air combat only mode that is not limiting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up